Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best Heroic Malkorok 25H solo tank?

I was wondering what your thoughts were in regards to what class would be the best for soloing the blood rage phase in 25 Heroic Malkorok. I am the BrM for my guild and we also have a prot pally as our other tank. I am curious as to whether i should be soloing the blood rage or if the paladin should be and if there is any advantages or disadvantages either way. We both have rooks trinket as well as cdr trinket. I thought BrM kit was stronger suited to do it but he claims his kit is just as strong. Thoughts?

Paladin can chain 55-60% DR (depends on his mastery amount) through the entire Blood Rage using Holy Avenger. This does not include his personal cooldowns (Ardent Defender (20%, 10 sec duration), Guardian of Ancient Kings (50%, 12 sec duration), Divine Protection (20%, 10 sec duration), the Protectors trinket, or any outside cooldowns your raid may have for him.

I can't speak for the BrM DR as I do not play one.

You can stagger the BR damage.

With the trinkets you have you can Zed Med. the first 8 seconds of each BR and then Fort Brew the rest meaning your base stagger amount will be 60% + whatever mastery you have.

On top of that FB + Rook's trinket around 55% DR.

I'm aware that both are "capable" of doing it and I as the BrM do it each week on normal. I was more wondering which kit will take less dmg overall. Plus i think as BrM, i can do more damage with 1mil veng than the pally can do since i can time xuen with it.

Druid in Duality solo tanked it this week.

Very dodge

Quote Originally Posted by Thegolfpro View Post
    I'm aware that both are "capable" of doing it and I as the BrM do it each week on normal. I was more wondering which kit will take less dmg overall. Plus i think as BrM, i can do more damage with 1mil veng than the pally can do since i can time xuen with it.
    With that vengeance, the paladin can have Eternal Flame ticking on him every 1.7-1.9 seconds for about 600k non-critical.

Brewmaster is the best at it by far, but basically any tank can do it. With Stagger, Purify and Zen Med, you take so little damage from it and only require a few externals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster > Paladin > Other.

Any class will be able to do it though - especially with the number of external CDs available in the average 25-man roster.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    Brewmaster > Paladin > Other.

Any class will be able to do it though - especially with the number of external CDs available in the average 25-man roster.
    Yeah. Pretty much the class with the cheese mechanic. "stagger" whoops it didn't happen.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    My guild stacks, what is your reason for not stacking?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasc View Post
    Easier to heal and helps meeting the DPS check.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Kasc View Post
    Melee standing behind the boss cannot be parried.
    In particular ranged dps don't lose DPS-time while running out with the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Druid in Duality solo tanked it this week.

Very dodge
    Ya but Max is a skank so dont pay attention to him.

Deleted
    Armor doesnt work for blood rage soaks, Stagger does. Enough said.

Very easily doable as Warrior with the Rook-trinket.

At start of the phase, Shield Wall + Last Stand + Demo Shout, when Shield Wall is about to run out pop the Rook trinket and any remaining CDs. Keep working on rage regen and spam Shield Barrier. You'll easily get like 2mill Shield barriers.

Any other raid CDs are ofc helpful as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Melee standing behind the boss cannot be parried.
    In particular ranged dps don't lose DPS-time while running out with the debuff.
    Yeah, it is kind of a pain to run out, while being rooted!

Quote Originally Posted by martini View Post
    Armor doesnt work for blood rage soaks
    This can't be right can it? I thought he did like 6-8 million per hit on 25-man heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    This can't be right can it? I thought he did like 6-8 million per hit on 25-man heroic.
    Armor really won't work for Blood rage. You need damage reduction CDS.

That said in our 10man roster we had our DK tank solotank blood rage, there were no issues whatsoever with this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Yeah, it is kind of a pain to run out, while being rooted!
    Stampeding Roar for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Paladin can chain 55-60% DR (depends on his mastery amount) through the entire Blood Rage using Holy Avenger. This does not include his personal cooldowns (Ardent Defender (20%, 10 sec duration), Guardian of Ancient Kings (50%, 12 sec duration), Divine Protection (20%, 10 sec duration), the Protectors trinket, or any outside cooldowns your raid may have for him.

I can't speak for the BrM DR as I do not play one.
    Boss hits for 6,682,500 damage on 25H (the first blood rage). A paladin with 50% mastery will take the following damage:

Passive DR+Weakened Blows: 5,112,112
    Shield of the Righteous: 2,556,056
    Ardent Defender: 2,044,845
    GotAK: 1,022,422
    Divine Prot: 817,938 per swing

This is chaining ALL of their cooldowns together before using anything else outside (trinket or actual outside cd's from another player)

A monk with the Fort Brew glyph and 20% mastery will take the following:

Passive DR+Weakened Blows: 4,510,687
    60% Shuffle: 1,804,275
    Fort Brew w/ glyph: 676,941 per swing.

So, using 1 personal cd vs using 3 plus the active mitigation that has a shorter duration (chances are, monks will have at least a 20+ second duration on shuffle, while paladins will have to take Holy Avenger to make sure they have SotR up the entire time). Not to mention our personal CD lasts 20 seconds, while the paladins have two that last 10 seconds and one that lasts 12 seconds. That still gives you at least 10 seconds of requiring outside cooldowns in order to not get pooped on hard.

Now, having said that, any/every tank can/has solo tanked it. The topic was just the best tank to do so. It's clearly brewmaster based on the few amount of personal or outside cd's required to do it.