Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The over geared healer can help out an under geared tank.
    But not when everyone is under geared.

WotLK blue is ilevel 200. ICC 10 is 251. (51 difference)
    MoP blue is ilevel 463. SoO is 553. (90 difference)

I don't see how he can do it.
    LoL that blue weapon ...
    Add 30% buff on top of that.

For SoO I do not think 471 is even remotely close to satisfying DPS requirements. I would be very surprised if they get past immerseus.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2014-06-02 at 05:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Raids was never hard after Burning Crusade. Don't see why they keep nerfing raids
    Yeah, man. I remember some of those bosses even had mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Doesn't prove a thing. Skilled players will clear Soo but that is less than 5% of raiding players. Some players will never clear it. Personally I think you will struggle with some of the later dps requirements. Not having the crutch that is the legendary cloak would make this very hard indeed. Good on you for trying, but it doesn't prove your point.

Maybe if you got given a fresh dinged 90 with bad gear, poorly optimised stats and bad talents, then you might be nearer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ilvl200 and Ulduar 10 man dropps ilvl219

Lot of heroic raiders tend to underestimate the importance of gear (= overestimate their skill) I would say. This challenge would be no different.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    Doesn't prove a thing. Skilled players will clear Soo but that is less than 5% of raiding players. Some players will never clear it. Personally I think you will struggle with some of the later dps requirements. Not having the crutch that is the legendary cloak would make this very hard indeed. Good on you for trying, but it doesn't prove your point.
    If their point is that clearing SoO (NM) is more about knowing what you're doing than gear, and they successfully clear it - I think that's point proven.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Travkin View Post
    I fully support this, after doing shamans and gala on Normal last night. Having all member above 550+ and constant wiping, people need to see that it is not that hard
    You guys proved that it is, in fact, REALLY that hard.
    No need therefore for the OP and his guys to perform this test.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    < Method > could probably do this. They killed heroic garrosh with ...what, a 553 avg item level?

It would need to be 25m, not 10m. 25m SoO is much easier than 10m SoO.

And there would be much trickery involved of chaining cool downs and using crazy things from obscure parts of the world like paladin t2 6pc or some crazyness that nobody would ever imagine to be viable, yet is in this very specific situation, etc ... (I am just naming a random example, I remember from t7 days where people were taking vanilla tier sets on paladins and getting zero cooldown on their LoH ability, which was quickly nerfed btw, just saying :P)
    568, not 553 =P. 553 is what you'd enter the normal modes with if you had the previous tier on farm.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    You guys proved that it is, in fact, REALLY that hard.
    No need therefore for the OP and his guys to perform this test.
    Or he proved that that team was full of derps?

I wish the OP the best of luck and will be fascinated to watch the results. Personally I think they've set the gear threshold too low, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by dean771 View Post
    How about saying it again in english?
    the guild juggernaut 2 killed kil'jaeden in bc with heroic gear + any gear they acquired from like 1 months worth of raiding. look it up.

Honestly think its impossible. LFR maybe, and at a real stretch Flex.

Also, getting people potentially saved to Normal means you might not have many takers.

...and SoO is well balanced. Not really hard or easy. There's a nice curve of difficulty for everyone to enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    the guild juggernaut 2 killed kil'jaeden in bc with heroic gear + any gear they acquired from like 1 months worth of raiding. look it up.
    No they didn't. After 3.0 doesn't count, Sunwell was the like Karazhan then.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The over geared healer can help out an under geared tank.
    But not when everyone is under geared.

WotLK blue is ilevel 200. ICC 10 is 251. (51 difference)
    MoP blue is ilevel 463. SoO is 553. (90 difference)

I don't see how he can do it.
    LoL that blue weapon ...
    Item levels are much more valuable now as well, due to out of control scaling. A good high-geared playing in Wrath did 10k dps while a good blue-geared player did maybe 3-4k, currently its more a ratio of 800k to 100k.

I dont want to ruin your fun, but have you even done the math for this?? It is mathematically impossible at 471ilvl to even clear the first wing. Much less reach orgrimmar to lay siege to it.
    Last edited by GwiGwi; 2014-06-02 at 06:40 AM.

Deleted
    This does sound kinda interesting, I'd be down if I could gather a gear set in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Great for you, some people don't play as often or are as good as you.
    That's just a load of bullshit, my guild got Garrosh HC down before Christmas raiding 12 hours a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    No they didn't. After 3.0 doesn't count, Sunwell was the like Karazhan then.

im just comparing this soo clear to that juggernaut 2 clear.
    its possible lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    I tried, couldn't find anything with google.

(I mean, I believe you, but I'd love to see the vid.)

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    That's just a load of bullshit, my guild got Garrosh HC down before Christmas raiding 12 hours a week.
    I guess you're not SOME PEOPLE.

What do you mean, SOME PEOPLE!?

Deleted
    That sounds really fun, I'd love to join you. I've every character leveled to 90 excluding a monks, do you have any specific spec/class you'd prefer?

Deleted
    When you fail in 471 I will lol. You might even get the first 8 bosses? down with 496 but then anyone who practices enough could do that. I don't think any raid is "hard" it is all about having good people, good gear and learning the fights so I don't understand what is the point in this personally.