Thread: Mortal Kombat X

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Different directional pad i guess, I have a xbox gamepad for my pc and it's a bitch to pull certain combos off with the directional pad on that. Still better than the original pc controls though.
    This, i simply gave up with the directional pad on it don't even start about the thumb sticks.... If you want to do things quickly chances are you add in another direction since it's fully linked and it pisses me off endlessly since you then on top of having to learning the combos you need to get the feel for the controller maybe if played daily with one but i simply can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    D'vorah is my main.
    Which Variation do you run? I prefer Brood Mother due to it being her fastest one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In before Bigzo starts all of his posts with, "This one".
    This one approves of this quote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished the story mode this weekend. I have to say I really enjoyed the storyline and the final twist in the epilogue that should "hopefully" set up for something really interesting to happen next.

I also started fiddling around with a few characters and am trying to nail down one to "main", or essentially one not to completed suck at. I tried both Jax and Raiden online, ended up going 1-4 (only win was with Jax). I just wanted to test out the MP, and matches seemed to happen fairly fast on the PS4 which was good. My skills were limited to spamming specials and basic combos though, so no wonder I got my ass handed to me.

For now I think I'm going to try and get decent with Kenshi. I really like the way he animates, and I have a personal affinity for Tai Chi so I get a kick out of seeing him bust out those moves in his combos. Sub-Zero might be a good alternate though. I heard he is a good character for beginner tier players.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Which Variation do you run? I prefer Brood Mother due to it being her fastest one.
    Brood mother only for assholes know how to use Sub-Zeros defense spec .

My default is swarm queen. The launch it has makes air combos easier for me.

Kung Lao and Kitana have some pretty sweet combo potential, Quan Chi on the other hand i find has little combo potential unless you go with the Warlock variation, even then it's still hard to pull off a decent chain of combo's. Want to get my hands on Tremor come may, would hope they would take advantage of his earth/rock abilities though, otherwise it's a pretty similar fighting style to Jax.

This game is utter trash and dreck according to reviews. I'm so glad I saved my money.

First it's completely pay to win. There's a DLC that lets you pay for easy fatalities, giving the player that bought the DLC the ability to instantly and gruesomely kill his opponent by simply holding a trigger button and one other button input, when usually a complex string of button presses is needed to execute it (and that is almost impossible to pull off uninterrupted, thus making it balanced). As the reviewer in Ars Technica wrote http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/0...sy-fatalities/ (and reported on by Forbes http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...rotransaction/): "It sure would be nice to get an instant headshot in Battlefield without having to go to the trouble of precise aiming or to automatically dodge without the need for a well-timed button press in Bloodborne. If this kind of DLC catches on, maybe we’ll be able to perform these moves through the magic of the free market, rather than the acquisition of specific skills.” Mortal Kombat basically put in the equivalent of paying for instant headshots into their game. How can the game be remotely playable with whales just dominating the poor plebs who "only" paid $80 for the box edition?

Second, the main drawcard of Mortal Kombat over other fighting games (e.g. Killer Instinct, which has better graphics and netcode, Street Fighter, which has superior gameplay and Dead or Alive, which has boobies) is its story mode. But apparently the story is totally undercooked this time: it makes no sense, its short and it doesn't respect past lore. As Eurogamer wrote in the opening of its review, which gave Mortal Kombat its lowest rating possible (so the equivalent of 1/10 on other sites), http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ombat-x-review "Why would Sonya Blade fall in love with Johnny Cage? Mortal Kombat X does not even attempt to solve this riddle, choosing instead to lean into the sheer impossibility that their union would not only happen but result in a beautiful, bad-ass baby named Cassandra Cage. (Why would she take her dad's name? The unsolved mysteries abound.". Talk about spitting on the lore. If Sonya had a child it would have been with Jax, as long-established lovebirds, and her daughter would have taken her name - leading to Cassie Blade.

What a joke. RIP Nether Realm. I fully expect this studio to fold soon after making such a dreadful product.
    Last edited by ramjb; 2015-04-21 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    This game is utter trash and dreck according to reviews. I'm so glad I saved my money.

First it's completely pay to win. There's a DLC that lets you pay for easy fatalities, giving the player that bought the DLC the ability to instantly and gruesomely kill his opponent by simply holding a trigger button and one other button input, when usually a complex string of button presses is needed to execute it (and that is almost impossible to pull off uninterrupted, thus making it balanced). As the reviewer in Ars Technica wrote http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/0...sy-fatalities/ (and reported on by Forbes http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...rotransaction/): "It sure would be nice to get an instant headshot in Battlefield without having to go to the trouble of precise aiming or to automatically dodge without the need for a well-timed button press in Bloodborne. If this kind of DLC catches on, maybe we’ll be able to perform these moves through the magic of the free market, rather than the acquisition of specific skills.” Mortal Kombat basically put in the equivalent of paying for instant headshots into their game. How can the game be remotely playable with whales just dominating the poor plebs who "only" paid $80 for the box edition?

Second, the main drawcard of Mortal Kombat over other fighting games (e.g. Killer Instinct, which has better graphics and netcode, Street Fighter, which has superior gameplay and Dead or Alive, which has boobies) is its story mode. But apparently the story is totally undercooked this time: it makes no sense, its short and it doesn't respect past lore. As Eurogamer wrote in the opening of its review, which gave Mortal Kombat its lowest rating possible (so the equivalent of 1/10 on other sites), http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ombat-x-review "Why would Sonya Blade fall in love with Johnny Cage? Mortal Kombat X does not even attempt to solve this riddle, choosing instead to lean into the sheer impossibility that their union would not only happen but result in a beautiful, bad-ass baby named Cassandra Cage. (Why would she take her dad's name? The unsolved mysteries abound.". Talk about spitting on the lore. If Sonya had a child it would have been with Jax, as long-established lovebirds, and her daughter would have taken her name - leading to Cassie Blade.

What a joke. RIP Nether Realm. I fully expect this studio to fold soon after making such a dreadful product.
    Last I checked you can only use a Fatality after that match is won same goes with brutalities they can't be used to instant win a match. Again Fatalities and Brutalities are pretty much cosmetic nothing more and nothing less. Also judging from your past posts you seem to love spreading misinformation and then leaving the conversation like nothing happened.

Also those websites you linked are click bait just like kotaku and siliconera as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Last I checked you can only use a Fatality after that match is won same goes with brutalities they can't be used to instant win a match. Again Fatalities and Brutalities are pretty much cosmetic nothing more and nothing less. Also judging from your past posts you seem to love spreading misinformation and then leaving the conversation like nothing happened.

Also those websites you linked are click bait just like kotaku and siliconera as well.
    It's like. he's not even trying. haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    It's like. he's not even trying. haha!
    Pretty much I also checked his post history before replying as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Trolling click-bait. Nobody is THAT ignorant. Oh wait, this is MMO-C...

10+ Year Old Account
    Jacqui and Ferra/Torr are my best characters.

Jacqui is my keep the fuck away character.

F&T is my grabs and throws character. Love throwing a little psychopath at people and stabbing the shit out of them.

- - - Updated - - -

and about 10 minutes later get another flawless victory with F&T

10+ Year Old Account

Hahaha, yeah...You sure you didn't pull those articles from The Onion?

Easy Fatalities are the biggest paradox in MKX though. First you need to win the match to perform a fatality (you can't Fatality mid-match). Then you have to have skill to win the match. If you can win the match then surely you can enter a 4-5 button combo for a fatality right? Most are simple. Faction Fatalities are even simpler.

Regarding the Story, your website reviewer obviously is ignoring MK9 which rewrites the MK history. In this timeline Johnny and Sonya have something forming throughout MK9, though admittedly its mostly Johnny chasing after Sonya. As for why Cassie takes her dad's name...its pretty much laid out fairly early in the story of MKX what the situation is between Johnny and Sonya.

So yeah...gotta agree that this is clickbait and rabblerousing.

Deleted
    Is the netcode really that bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Is the netcode really that bad?
    Not on consoles, rather I should say PSN. The only lag issues I face are sometimes watching other people's matches but never in my own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Not on consoles, rather I should say PSN. The only lag issues I face are sometimes watching other people's matches but never in my own.
    Thanks! Alas, I'm a dirty PC mustard race supplicant. Do you happen to know how the netcode is on the PC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Thanks! Alas, I'm a dirty PC mustard race supplicant. Do you happen to know how the netcode is on the PC?
    A friend of mine is extremely pissed and trying to get his money back via Steam. He was not a fan, and the reason I decided to go with the PS4 version. I haven't tried it firsthand though.

Ugh I have a "gumble main" apparently. So I was certain I was going to main Jacqui but I was excited to see I really did well naturally with Kano and I was excited because he's never been a regular character for me and let's face it, who doesn't need a big beefy Aussie in their life? And then it happened... I did Mileena's story tower and it was just nuts. I'm not even a fan of her but holy Hell she is just magic in my fingers. So now I try to do challenges and stuff with Kano and when I keep failing my roommate will just look at me and be like, "Just do it, its not really cheating if you use her." I sit there and grumble, my offline stats even have her as my fave.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what are people's favored strategies to kollecting koins for the Krypt?

Well for me, repeatedly doing the tower fights earns me quite a bit of koins, usually get around 30kish. Though the devs might have nerved that since a selection of people on the steam forums claim not to be receiving that amount of koins. Could try re-playing the story too, but again people claiming to receive less coins than other people.