Thread: Mortal Kombat X

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    I think it's the first MK game I didn't enjoy. I love MK's gore, but in this game it looks overdone. Xray moves are ridiculously stupid.
    On this I will agree. The X-Rays are fatalities in their own right. However, I will say that I prefer the X-Rays to most of the Fatalities. The Fatality gore is...comical. I was explaining it to a coworker who said they looked sick and basically boiled it down to being comical gore because the human body doesn't act the way they portray it.

These young characters are all one worse than another and on top of everything, one of them is a faggot. AND he somehow beats Kotal Khan in combat, you gotta be fucking kidding me. I hope none of those new human characters survives too long.
    Here is where I disagree. First of all, watch your language. Secondly, Takeda is an extremely popular character already. Kung Jin is also a very popular pick (although from what I gather this is due more to his moveset than his look or personality). Both Cassie and Jacqui are still up in the air though, not having much positive or negative from what I gather.

Heh, yeah. A lot of strength levels in MK don't make sense.

It's like how some of the characters can perform fatalities or other feats that should be way beyond their strength levels. When Goro starts tearing off arms and legs, I believe it. Goro is has four huge arms and is pretty fucking strong. But like...Jade has a fatality in MK9 where she almost effortlessly rips off her opponent's head with a one-handed tug, and she is capable of doing that to bigger characters like Sheeva. Maybe Edenian chicks have some kind of Wonder Woman strength thing going on, but she doesn't really strike me as someone who should have that kind of muscle.

But yeah...I just strike it all off as video game physics. I don't generally play games for realism, so it doesn't really bother me. You can pretty much explain away just about anything in MK. "He got temporarily infused with Elder God power!" or something along those lines always works.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I was going to play scorpion, but everyone plays scorpion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I was going to play scorpion, but everyone plays scorpion.
    He's top tier, as usual. >_>

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    He's top tier, as usual. >_>
    pretty much, and a favorite of the creator.

Deleted
    Can you play Johnny Cage and do fatality on Cassie Cage? Cause that's just freaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    Can you play Johnny Cage and do fatality on Cassie Cage? Cause that's just freaky.
    That's something that struck me as "ok guys, that's just plain wrong now" as soon as I heard that whole Cage family is going to participate. Then again, Kitana and Sindel could practice fatalities on one another since Ultimate MK3 and what's the difference, really... Imagine Jax ripping his beloved daughter apart.

Deleted
    Any gameplay footage with Predator? I heard it's in, but Google has failed me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy mother of lagg spikes
    Has anyone else had one like this?
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2015-04-30 at 11:19 PM.

Damn Jason looks good and that fucking super armor!

Haven't played a MK game in damn near 20 years. What is the difference between a fatality and brutality?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Haven't played a MK game in damn near 20 years. What is the difference between a fatality and brutality?
    Brutality is also a fatality, except it involves repeated blows instead of some execution-like fatality.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    In the past MK games a brutality was a fatality where the winner would beat the loser to an unidentifiable mash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LTmzMJck5w

In MK X the difference is:
    A fatality is an execution thats performed after the "Finish her/him" part that involves pressing a specific button sequence to trigger it.
    A brutality skips the "finish her" part and is triggered if certain criteria during the fight are met. When performing the strike that takes away the last bit of the healthbar the character will automatically continue with the attack for some special death effects.
    e.g. Raiden after meeting specific criteria and ending the fight with a shock will keep shocking until the head flies off.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhd4n4rmQOI
    Last edited by Faldric; 2015-05-05 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's pretty funny to watch otherwise great players losing matches because they're dicking around trying to get a Brutality.
    Heh, yeah. I even remember watching the developers do that a time or two during those MKX Twitch streams.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping for mk trilogy style brutalities
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really prefer the Brutalities in MKX and I think I might even prefer them to the Fatalities which are, in my opinion, almost comical.

I really prefer the Brutalities in MKX and I think I might even prefer them to the Fatalities which are, in my opinion, almost comical.
    Yahtzee in his review said that at this poit they should be called formalities. Because its just that, a formality.

I think fatalities lost a little of their touch with X-Rays being almost more violent in many cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I think fatalities lost a little of their touch with X-Rays being almost more violent in many cases.
    This is truth. I took my PS4 over to a friend's place this weekend while his wife was away and we played a bunch. Whenever we got an X-Ray move off we ended up saying, "Don't worry, its not fatal". Kenshi's sword drives into your skull once and then all the way through and cracks the front half...don't worry, it only took 30% of your health. =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Jason is Love Jason is life

All Like for Jason