Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    ...Did you look at your gift of the titan buff uptime compared to everyone else on sha of pride? or the amount of damage you did to reflections compared to your warlock? (who should wreck them btw).

What about the number of times you got hit by seismic slam on malkorok, which badly hurts our DPS compared to the other classes (it was 0), not to mention you were using the twist of fate trick. If I had to guess from all of these things so far, I would also wager malkorok never targeted your section with any arcing smashes and thus you didn't have to move for that or breath of yshaarj either, which again, hurts your dps more than it would any other class.

Don't link stupid logs where the RNG of a fight is on your side and you get so many buffs that boosts your DPS/get to AoE adds into oblivion without anyone else competing with you and thinking it's suppose to present some sort of argument.

P.S. I agree that thinking you can't improve because of your class is a bad way to go, shadow is not that down in the dumps that you can't at least do viable damage and beat people who aren't playing to a 100% of their capability without luck on their side, but your logs are not an argument for that point at all.
    I spam pain on Malk & throw it on adds when I have to move to soak, dodge, or position for blood rage.
    That's why the pain ticks are much higher than the VT ticks.
    VT total: 146
    SWP total: 194

I didn't link the logs to shake my dick about and take the piss, the original quoted post said:

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post

Ohh and don't expect your dps to be any good on any fight other than spoils, protectors and dark shamans if you tank both bosses together
    So I linked 2 parses I did well on last week that aren't Spoils/protectors/shamans.
    Sure the titan timing was a bit lucky, but we all have good and bad cases of it.

I did have to move for breath & slam quite a large amount, hence the SWP ticks on the adds and the extra amount of pain ticks on Malk.
    I also dispersed (only once, but it all helps) to clear orbs, and was aura slowed by an add.

It was just an example. I'm happy to see another open minded player though
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

I don't try to understand Shadow, because I don't play one. I assume that Shadow gains more from a passive benefit (passive 1% haste + gem sockets from blacksmithing) than randomly active benefits. (tailoring + berserking)
    So you're saying that you're commenting on a class you don't understand? Also snapshotting is kinda strong for shadow so proccs could be worth more than passive stats.

Shadow DPS isn't the best ofcourse but there's a ton of things (ToF cheese/sniping etc etc) that can be done to fix that :P A shadowpriest playing well enough can be compared to other classes ( mages and locks are out of the class pool I'm talking about since they're outliers ). Ofcourse not on all bosses and you need to have luck on your side. Still there's also bosses we'll do good nonetheless. Not playing a shadowpriest because of the DPS sounds really wrong. At high ilvls our DPS isn't even as bad as you'd think. And on top of that we have some nice utility. Play a class because you like it, if you like the class you're playing and you invest time into it you'll do just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Troll > Goblin as far as racials are concerned for shadow priests. This is a good example of why the strength of your opinion should reflect how thoroughly you understand something. In this case, you admit you don't know anything about shadow. Therefore you should recognize that your opinion has very little chance of being accurate. Shadow isn't top dog on any fight, but it can do pretty well when played effectively. It's still better than quite a few specs overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Faos View Post
    Used my free boost on a priest too. Regret every single second. Awful class. Such a waste.
    Meh, your personal opinion. Personally love my priest over every other class in the game. Should have done a bit of research before wasting your free lvl boost.

Should get a mage or warlock.

Never understand the meaning of "fun class".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    ...Did you look at your gift of the titan buff uptime compared to everyone else on sha of pride? or the amount of damage you did to reflections compared to your warlock? (who should wreck them btw).

What about the number of times you got hit by seismic slam on malkorok, which badly hurts our DPS compared to the other classes (it was 0), not to mention you were using the twist of fate trick. If I had to guess from all of these things so far, I would also wager malkorok never targeted your section with any arcing smashes and thus you didn't have to move for that or breath of yshaarj either, which again, hurts your dps more than it would any other class.

Don't link stupid logs where the RNG of a fight is on your side and you get so many buffs that boosts your DPS/get to AoE adds into oblivion without anyone else competing with you and thinking it's suppose to present some sort of argument.

P.S. I agree that thinking you can't improve because of your class is a bad way to go, shadow is not that down in the dumps that you can't at least do viable damage and beat people who aren't playing to a 100% of their capability without luck on their side, but your logs are not an argument for that point at all.
    The big news here is people still use World of Logs, and pay for a sub for it as well! Why on earth would you want to do that?

This person's 4/4 HC BBoY trinket has approx 0.92 procs per minute.

Your Malkorok fight lasted 3 min 45 sec.

This means on average the amount of BBoY trinket procs is going to be 3,45.

Guess how many you had?

That's right. You had 6, a 74% deviation from the average.

This, coupled with 10 man which nobody plays anymore, coupled with not needed to use ToF trick for enrage, coupled with recent gear upgrades means you're going to get ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    I looked through the shadow side of the sim as well, and it was using a totem.
    Just taking a peek @ the stats. 5.8k~ crit, 12.8k mastery seems a little off.
    It also uses a goblin (mage and druid use troll) and doesn't use glyph of the sha to remove Shadowfiend GCD, and uses Blacksmithing & Engineering (the mage uses Tailoring & engineering)
    I don't need to look at the default profile, I know how to import my own, and I know my own is a lot lower than our Mage is on single target. I also play a lot of alts, so I know how ridiculously easy it is to do good damage on a Mage, Warlock, Rogue, ... oh and totem's fine for simming Patchwerk.

So I linked 2 parses I did well on last week that aren't Spoils/protectors/shamans.
    You didn't link the countless of wipes you had, it taking your troop 4 hours to clear till Spoils. You didn't mention almost everyone died on Malkorok kill but you didn't because yeah the healers were giving you special candy. You didn't mention the Warlock has terrible survival overall. You didn't mention you had good RNG in the logs you linked, in a comparison with other classes, that you can top the meters while the point raised is you should compare with others playing same class and spec with similar RNG. We already know you can top the meters with terrible Warlocks or good RNG. Oh and why does Ziharkk have 4 Garrosh HC kills and you only 2? We all know the answer to that. You're just a kiddie boasting and provoking, safe to ignore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Well, I'm not saying I regret it. I don't. The class is very fun to play, but..I just can't get over how bad my DPS is as shadow. Bear in mind, yes, my ilvl is just 504 atm, and I don't have the best stats in the world as far as itemization goes from timeless gear and the two crafted cloth pieces of the night sky, but still, I excepted more..
    It depends on your goal. If you enjoy the spec and don't mind having to put in a lot more effort to get near other strong classes with players of equal skill by all means enjoy your new SP. If you want to be competitive with other classes, roll something else. You want to open up with MB, unless you have 3 orbs.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2014-06-04 at 05:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bottom line is sorry to hear that you used your free boost on your shadow priest and don't like the class now. We're hoping that come WOD we'll be higher on the dmg meters than we are now (on PW fights we're dead last in BIS gear comparisons). For those of us who play the class as a main, we do it because we love the class not love being top dps. Top dps is just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    Comparing myself to better shadow priests? Is that a serious question or..?

I'm no where near a perfect player, I am always aim to get better at my class.
    This attitude is contagious and will effect all of your raiders. They can say "well I did more DPS than you did, and I'm a Warlock/Mage/x/y/z"
    I could care less, until I see that player get on a shadow priest and come close to my damage - I will not compare myself to their damage.

Another reason I compare myself strictly to other shadow priests is comparing yourself to a Warlock or a Mage is highly unethical. Straight DPR (damage per resource), the shit on us flat out.
    Yay we have Halo, which requires flawless positioning to get the most out of it, vs. a Mage who can press a macro for all his CDs and bring home the bacon like its TGI Fridays.

The best spriest in the world won't beat the best Mage single target. Just how it is.
    So if you compare yourself to better shadow priests and analyze logs, you will improve regardless of how much others don't want to see you improve.

H-hello? Are you okay?
    So basically you are speaking of a hybrid tax yet I don't really see this hybrid tax present with enhancement shaman, feral and balance druids, WW monk, etc.

You seem to be someone who gets excited over a random RNGesus gift from the gods rather than actual evidence and fact.
    Last edited by Invrlose; 2014-06-06 at 09:26 AM.