Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    While this sounds like a good idea it's pretty much near impossible to find someone willing to buy human hides. Not only is it slightly illegal but there also isn't that much use for it (other than to possible collectors and hobbyists). In my experience you're likely better off just using it yourself in your hobbies. Need a lampshade? Use the hide! New drapes? Sew some out of the hides!

Sky's the limit if you use your imagination.
    http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-cu...arvard-library

There's book covers made out of human skin.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I find this to be terrible, I gotta say, a lot of you are a bunch of psychopaths. Just as bad as the poachers. You sound incredibly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Non-northern Africa didn't have culture until it was forced on them by Europeans. At least there's no evidence that they did.

Of course people forgot Eygpt is in Africa, and it was one of the greatest and earliest civilians on the planet.
    So no western African civilizations had culture? No western African traveled building towns and cities along the way and giving away way too much gold? No western African civilization ever did this, and what about the Sumerians and Nubians?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Punishment should fit the crime: Poach the poacher...skin them and sell their hides
    Killing rhino is nothing like killing your fellow human...
    Last edited by Themius; 2014-06-08 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So no western African civilizations had culture? No western African traveled building towns and cities along the way and giving away way too much gold? No western African civilization never did this, and what about the Nubians?
    Why are we talking about cultures in Africa when the topic is about rhinos?

Quote Originally Posted by Azhil View Post
    Why are we talking about cultures in Africa when the topic is about rhinos?
    Becuase someone said africa should be colonized again because essentially they're savages for killing rhinos and other crimes. Then went on to say they had no culture until Europeans essentially and said basically "african countries under white control was better, so it should go back to that."

Deleted
    Becuase someone said africa should be colonized again because essentially they're savages for killing rhinos and other crimes. Then went on to say they had no culture until Europeans essentially and said basically "african countries under white control was better, so it should go back to that."
    Europeans should've never gone there in the first place to do what they did. That's all that can be said about it.

North Africa is fucking Africa... Florida isn't some weird phallic thing off the south of America, it's part of the USA.
    But the cultural differences are night and day. As Florida isn't much different from any of the other 49 states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    But the cultural differences are night and day. As Florida isn't much different from any of the other 49 states.
    So the fuck what? The culture between different African races and regions can be night and day, that doesn't mean it's suddenly not Africa.

The culture between Brazil and America is different, but we're both in the Americas.

So the fuck what? The culture between different African races and regions can be night and day, that doesn't mean it's suddenly not Africa.

The culture between Brazil and America is different, but we're both in the Americas.
    No one said it WASN'T Africa, do you just cherry pick what you read, than make stupid ass arguments off what you cherry pick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    No one said it WASN'T Africa, do you just cherry pick what you read, than make stupid ass arguments off what you cherry pick?
    The largest ones weren't even African, but were based from the North of Africa
    This is the post that started it all, saying "the largest ones weren't even african but from the "north of africa".

Why don't you go back and fucking read, and try to build those comprehension skills of yours before you start spouting nonsense.

Trying to say civilizations in the north of africa weren't part of africa even though they're on fucking africa, is riduclous. Africa is a fucking continent, it's like trying to argue that because x europe country is so different from y european country, x european country isn't even european. That is stupid.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I truly hate to say this because I know some will take my words and deem them racist...

Many African countries are fucking cesspools. I will not claim to know the details of their government and why they are like this, but I just know that they are shitty as fuck. Several of their governments are corrupt as shit and some of them don't even have a real government. I am in agreement with an earlier post. Africa as a continent should be the wealthiest continent in the world. Even if you do not count their vasts VASTS amount of resources, simply the tourist factor would make them a metric fuckton.

Also, While I do agree that Europeans probably should have left Africa alone, I have to state that it was a different time back then. People were going around and expanding their nations. Hell, People today are still doing that. Russia anyone? And not just Russia, In a few decades China will probably be completely absorbing Honkong and Macau as well as taking over taiwan. This isn't something exclusive only to white folks. Every nation did it at those times.

I think that the blame should lie with the people doing the crime. I don't know of ANYONE in America who buys ivory stuff nowadays so I have no idea how the fuck the US is somehow to blame. China and the Eastern nations? Eh I could see that but I won't even blame them. I blame the people doing the crime. If Chinese poachers came and killed Rhinos then fuck em. But to my understanding the poachers are usually Africans motivated by greed. So that makes me wonder how eager they would be to kill the last damn Rhino in the world if they already pulled in a decent living working a 9-5. Something tells me that some would, but not nearly as many as now.

This is the post that started it all, saying "the largest ones weren't even african but from the "north of africa".

Why don't you go back and fucking read, and try to build those comprehension skills of yours before you start spouting nonsense.

Trying to say civilizations in the north of africa weren't part of africa even though they're on fucking africa, is riduclous. Africa is a fucking continent, it's like trying to argue that because x europe country is so different from y european country, x european country isn't even european. That is stupid.
    You're either deliberately obtuse or mentally challenged if you cannot see the stark difference between the cultures above the Sahara and those below the Sahara. And further, I'd wager a bet that you have never been to Africa to talk this over with them. In my personal and anecdotal experience, sub-saharan Africans do not refer to Egyptians, Libyans, Tunisians, Moroccans, or Algerians as "Africans", and rather call them "Arabs". Before the arabs there were Berbers and other North-African tribes which had no contact with anything across the Sahara. For the longest time, they were completely separate and so the culture of the North of Africa was mixed with that of Southern Europe, while those of sub-Saharan Africa mixed amongst themselves.

I am not claiming that the North of Africa is somehow not part of Africa, the continent (by the way, if you are so sure of what you think is a continent, understand that Afroeurasia is a single continental landmass as they all share a continental shelf- EUROPE IS AFRICAN!) is whole. But rather, like India is considered a subcontinent (partially because its separate tectonic plate, I know, but also culturally) due to the Himalayas, the North of Africa is a separate cultural entity which should not be mixed in with that of sub-Saharan Africa.
    Call me Cassandra

10+ Year Old Account
    They deserve the harshest punishment
    "Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

10+ Year Old Account
    and again, stupid africans butchering some of the last of a rare species. if this is the best you can come up with for getting money to feed your shitty families, they dont deserve to eat. the best part is how they just leave the meat to rot because apparently beggars can be choosers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    You're either deliberately obtuse or mentally challenged if you cannot see the stark difference between the cultures above the Sahara and those below the Sahara. And further, I'd wager a bet that you have never been to Africa to talk this over with them. In my personal and anecdotal experience, sub-saharan Africans do not refer to Egyptians, Libyans, Tunisians, Moroccans, or Algerians as "Africans", and rather call them "Arabs". Before the arabs there were Berbers and other North-African tribes which had no contact with anything across the Sahara. For the longest time, they were completely separate and so the culture of the North of Africa was mixed with that of Southern Europe, while those of sub-Saharan Africa mixed amongst themselves.

I am not claiming that the North of Africa is somehow not part of Africa, the continent (by the way, if you are so sure of what you think is a continent, understand that Afroeurasia is a single continental landmass as they all share a continental shelf- EUROPE IS AFRICAN!) is whole. But rather, like India is considered a subcontinent (partially because its separate tectonic plate, I know, but also culturally) due to the Himalayas, the North of Africa is a separate cultural entity which should not be mixed in with that of sub-Saharan Africa.
    Who the fuck cares about the difference in culture... cultures vary from country to country within the same continent isn't some new shit. Are south Asians not considered Asians becuase firstly they look way different and secondly are also way different? They're still Asians.

Take the UK, many people feel they are their own little place outside of Europe... they're not.

Also there were great civilizations that weren't in this region you're speaking of btw.

History is so bias and Eurocentric that for a while when a certain person from the west of Africa built towns and cities on his way, that were impressive, it was assumed that they must have been built by someone else, maybe those in the middle east, but surely not Africans, because they just weren't capable of such things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    and again, stupid africans butchering some of the last of a rare species. if this is the best you can come up with for getting money to feed your shitty families, they dont deserve to eat. the best part is how they just leave the meat to rot because apparently beggars can be choosers.
    Not like whites ever hunted tons of species into extinction.... idk why the "one again stupid africans" remark.
    Last edited by Themius; 2014-06-08 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck cares about the difference in culture... cultures vary from country to country within the same continent isn't some new shit. Are south Asians not considered Asians becuase firstly they look way different and secondly are also way different? They're still Asians.

Take the UK, many people feel they are their own little place outside of Europe... they're not.

Also there were great civilizations that weren't in this region you're speaking of btw.

History is so bias and Eurocentric that for a while when a certain person from the west of Africa built towns and cities on his way, that were impressive, it was assumed that they must have been built by someone else, maybe those in the middle east, but surely not Africans, because they just weren't capable of such things.

- - - Updated - - -

Not like whites ever hunted tons of species into extinction.... idk why the "one again stupid africans" remark.
    because nowadays we make an effort not to. and i meant just africans, you dont see blacks here descend to that level of barbarism and go killing bears or whatever. once again stupid africans because that continent is riddled with shit like that. the worst offence being "bush meat". eating monkeys and apes is pretty much cannibalism.

because nowadays we make an effort not to. and i meant just africans, you dont see blacks here descend to that level of barbarism and go killing bears or whatever. once again stupid africans because that continent is riddled with shit like that. the worst offence being "bush meat". eating monkeys and apes is pretty much cannibalism.
    Really... Africans are the only ones eating primates?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really... Africans are the only ones eating primates?
    never said they were the only ones. its just as fucked up when anyone else does it.

never said they were the only ones. its just as fucked up when anyone else does it.
    Why is it fucked up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    This is so sad, why do people even want those stupid horns? For some magical wizard medicen?
    Probably to sell them for money because they're poor or something. Remember we're talking about Africa here.

Is it normal that I find this worse then the killing of 15 humans?
    No it is not normal.

I'm strongly against the death penalty, but poaching innocent endangered wildlife is one of the worst crimes one can commit, its like blowing up the pyramids with dynamite.
    Not really the worst crime by a long shot. Yes, they deserve punishment but it isn't as extreme of a crime as many of you suggest. We don't kill rapists or war criminals why poachers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.