Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Most important issue with American society

What is the most important issue with 21st century American society regarding civil rights and immigration?

10+ Year Old Account
    thats kind of presumptious to imply that the most important issue of the century is immigration when you have the middle-lower class barely able to scrap together a living having to work multiple jobs in some cases. your title is a bit misleading.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The most difficult issue with immigration is the way you people have demonized it.

You misunderstand Breadisfunny, he's asking what's the biggest issue within the subjects of civil rights and immigration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    We aren't literally Sweden.
    im getting the feeling this thread is going somewhere not good. just got a hunch lets call it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    3E - Education, Environment, Economy

In that order. If a country has those handled, everything else falls into place neatly.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    You misunderstand Breadisfunny, he's asking what's the biggest issue within the subjects of civil rights and immigration.
    my point was if the title is asking whats the most important issue with american society then he proceeds to make it about immigration it should be mentioned in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    my point was if the title is asking whats the most important issue with american society then he proceeds to make it about immigration it should be mentioned in the title.
    I consider it more of a Freudian slip than an attempt to take the thread in a poor direction. I would bet your right that the OP has negative feelings about immigration and would probably bet he/she is from an EU country where it is a big issue.

The most important issue with America today is neither of those... IMO it's the culturally perpetuated delusion of Self-only interest and not recognizing the power of community and a basic sense of morality for humanity working together to benefit all instead of a few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    3E - Education, Environment, Economy

In that order. If a country has those handled, everything else falls into place neatly.
    Education isn't terrible, could use some improvement.
    Obama is pissing off a few states with his environment plan.
    Economy is improving a good bit, more than most of Europe at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Most don't even make an attempt in integrate, just take advantage of an old out of date welfare system and reap the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Wow yeah, it's serious biz huh? I mean, how DARE someone word something wrong! I guess I should feel honored to be in the presence of someone like you who is obviously not only mentally superior to us normal humans, but is also not afraid to voice their opinion on something, no matter how totally unimportant it is. If I may, I'd like to read through all of your old posts in the slightest hope that I may gain even the tiniest fraction of your god-like intelligence...to get even the slightest glimpse into the mind of a being whose knowledge is even more vast than that of the universe itself. For you are perfection, breadisfunny, and you grace us by devoting your time right HERE on this very forum! I swear, my eyes are tearing up with happiness as I type this, I've had to stop several time now to wipe them. Why am I so happy? Because just the slightest bit of hope that you may read this is filling me with such intense joy! I bet when you open a page here on the forum you are able to use your superior intelligence to just see every word at once and mentally process what the entire page said immediately, scanning for wording that may be wrong so that you can once again point out the stupidity of a common human.

Probably the political structure is the most twisted thing. Where lobbyists are rampant, and 2 parties only maintain a facade of good will, being generally corrupt and self-serving.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Most redneck Americans don't integrate to anything either. The same redneck white trash Americans also abuse the welfare system. A lot of christian right wing idiots don't integrate themselves into education especially when it comes to evolution and climate science. A lot of white right wingers don't integrated themselves to the logic that birth control is a good thing and should be available to everyone in society. The same redneck white trash american hillbillies are the same ones that marry girls when they are 14 or even younger but they are against sex education in schools and birth control.

These are Americans. How could immigrants be any worse for America than these people are. The same kind of people who think its just for a very few people to horde all the capital, and possessions from everyone else. How could immigrants make things any worse than that? The same goes with civil rights. Usually the people who abuse peoples civil rights would abuse anyone's civil rights that they had the power to do so. Have you ever met a bigot that wasn't an all around asshole anyways?
    Not I.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Most redneck Americans don't integrate to anything either. The same redneck white trash Americans also abuse the welfare system
    Which is also a problem, dont think this is about immigrants but about people who self-segregate, being generally, more common on certain immigrant groups, but not restricted to obviously.

OT: no idea, not my culture, while i can think of some problems that are obvious as an outside they dont have much weight considering i lack the necessary exposure.
    I would say you should be more worried about the general management of your country/corruption than necessarily social issues, those can be solved at state-level with social pressure and will happen sooner or later, atm being able to live without dangling close to the poverty line seems to be a bigger issue in the US.

Skyrocketing costs of health care and higher education.

Quote Originally Posted by vitalic View Post
    Skyrocketing costs of health care and higher education.
    farming people is all the rage

Quote Originally Posted by Noctredors View Post
    What is the most important issue with 21st century American society regarding civil rights and immigration?
    Single Payer Healthcare System would be about the most important issue regarding those two things.

If you are trying to suggest that the most important issue with 21st century American society is immigration or civil rights, I would have to disagree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Single Payer Healthcare System would be about the most important issue regarding those two things.

If you are trying to suggest that the most important issue with 21st century American society is immigration or civil rights, I would have to disagree with you.
    Right to free/cheap education and healthcare would be the highest goals i would think.

Gonna take a stab at this. Religious fundamentalism.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.