Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SatoriUK View Post
    Really? So because of his age we should collectively ignore anything he said. That is just adding to the destruction of humanity - as a 14-15 year old I knew that word was wrong, because I'm not an ignorant moron. He should be brought to his knees, this little punk has gotten away with far too much and it's about time he gets knocked off that high horse he so gallantly strides along with.
    It's because he's famous that he is held to higher standards than anyone else? He threw some eggs at a house and was accused of street racing while high/drunk by the cops (which all turned out to be completely not true). and now this pops up when he was just becoming "someone". What else has he done?

By your logic my Ex-GF should be locked up, hell even I should be thrown in jail pushing the death penalty.

She threw eggs at me at school, she's done many drugs, she's gone well over the speed limit, and she egged my (at the time) current girlfriends house. This all happened in high school when she was 17-18. The worst thing that happened to her was 1 suspension. Nobody else in the entire world knew about it or cared at all.

Point being, people do many many worse things than this brat but because he's under the spotlight 24/7 ANYTHING he does throws haters for a loop. DEPORT DEPORT OMG HE SAID THE "N" WORD. Get over it, he was a nobody at the time and he was 15. Nobody fucking died.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as people still give a shit about other people using the word "nigger", racism will never leave this world.

Stop caring about racism to stop racism.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QwertySham View Post
    It's because he's famous that he is held to higher standards than anyone else? He threw some eggs at a house and was accused of street racing while high/drunk by the cops (which all turned out to be completely not true). and now this pops up when he was just becoming "someone". What else has he done?

By your logic my Ex-GF should be locked up, hell even I should be thrown in jail pushing the death penalty.

She threw eggs at me at school, she's done many drugs, she's gone well over the speed limit, and she egged my (at the time) current girlfriends house. This all happened in high school when she was 17-18. The worst thing that happened to her was 1 suspension. Nobody else in the entire world knew about it or cared at all.

Point being, people do many many worse things than this brat but because he's under the spotlight 24/7 ANYTHING he does throws haters for a loop. DEPORT DEPORT OMG HE SAID THE "N" WORD. Get over it, he was a nobody at the time and he was 15. Nobody fucking died.
    You say it's not completely true, but there are a lot of facts and evidence to point to it and if they all of a sudden vanish, wealth does wonders.

This isn't about throwing eggs, this is about Racism - don't try skew off subject to try defend his actions.

Yes, people do many worse things and they are punished his actions should be punished as well, just because it's lighter than say murder it doesn't make it acceptable. Your defense for him is quite weak and embarrassing really.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really doesn't matter what he says or does, his fame and money will buy himself out of everything so he is just fine. One of the many perks of being rich and famous.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

You say it's not completely true, but there are a lot of facts and evidence to point to it and if they all of a sudden vanish, wealth does wonders.

This isn't about throwing eggs, this is about Racism - don't try skew off subject to try defend his actions.

Yes, people do many worse things and they are punished his actions should be punished as well, just because it's lighter than say murder it doesn't make it acceptable. Your defense for him is quite weak and embarrassing really.
    I brought up the egg situation because he did it which brought an uproar that was about the same as this one. People went crazy and even made online petitions to get him deported. So yeah, it all applies and it's not off topic.

The racist "joke" he said in the first video believe it or not was not a JB original. That joke has been around long before he was alive and has been said by god knows how many people. Did all those people get fired and shamed? Nope.

Like I said, because he's under the spotlight and the average joe isn't, ANYTHING this guy does is the end of the world. Get over it.

If he was actually trying to compose a song for an album that was racist like the second video (but if he was serious, he's obviously joking...) then we have a problem and I'd agree. BUT he was spoofing a song as a JOKE. People should take it as such not flip out over the internet because he said the "N" word a couple times.

EDIT: By the way, I'm not trying to excuse all he's done. He's a major douchebag and the entitlement on this guy is ridiculous. I just don't feel this of all things is the one to flip out on. 15 year olds say stupid shit all the time. To be mad at this guy for something he did 5 years ago in early high school is stupid.
    He's an asshole yes, racist no.
    Last edited by QwertySham; 2014-06-07 at 07:45 PM.

Deleted
    I brought up the egg situation because he did it which brought an uproar that was about the same as this one. People went crazy and even made online petitions to get him deported. So yeah, it all applies and it's not off topic.

The racist "joke" he said in the first video believe it or not was not a JB original. That joke has been around long before he was alive and has been said by god knows how many people. Did all those people get fired and shamed? Nope.

Like I said, because he's under the spotlight and the average joe isn't, ANYTHING this guy does is the end of the world. Get over it.

If he was actually trying to compose a song for an album that was racist like the second video (but if he was serious, he's obviously joking...) then we have a problem and I'd agree. BUT he was spoofing a song as a JOKE. People should take it as such not flip out over the internet because he said the "N" word a couple times.

EDIT: By the way, I'm not trying to excuse all he's done. He's a major douchebag and the entitlement on this guy is ridiculous. I just don't feel this of all things is the one to flip out on. 15 year olds say stupid shit all the time. To be mad at this guy for something he did 5 years ago in early high school is stupid.
    He's an asshole yes, racist no.
    No, it doesn't. Because this thread is strictly about the racist slur he used, not about throwing eggs.

Just because people label it as a joke, doesn't make it a joke - it isn't funny, it isn't smart and it's incredibly insulting; people are quick to label things like that as "jokes" to try discredit the severity of what they're saying/doing.

Again, the joke thing. ^

15 year old's do make mistakes, but it doesn't mean they should be allowed to 'get away with it', disicipline is what is needed. If he doesn't apologize for what he said/did or explain it's context, then he is a Racist, not that I'm implying he's some sort of celebrity glorification for the KKK.

No, it doesn't. Because this thread is strictly about the racist slur he used, not about throwing eggs.

Just because people label it as a joke, doesn't make it a joke - it isn't funny, it isn't smart and it's incredibly insulting; people are quick to label things like that as "jokes" to try discredit the severity of what they're saying/doing.

Again, the joke thing. ^

15 year old's do make mistakes, but it doesn't mean they should be allowed to 'get away with it', disicipline is what is needed. If he doesn't apologize for what he said/did or explain it's context, then he is a Racist, not that I'm implying he's some sort of celebrity glorification for the KKK.
    Some people found it funny, did you not hear the laughing in the video? Also don't try and speak for everyone else by saying something isn't funny. Just because you didn't find it funny doesn't mean others didn't.

And he did apologize. Here

Basically it comes down to he knows he messed up, he owned up to it and apologized, and i'd like to think he's learned his lesson from it. Live and learn, we all do it.

Some people found it funny, did you not hear the laughing in the video? Also don't try and speak for everyone else by saying something isn't funny. Just because you didn't find it funny doesn't mean others didn't.
    I really don't see what is very funny at all. Anyone can laugh at anything, doesn't mean its actually funny.
    Basically it comes down to he knows he messed up, he owned up to it and apologized, and i'd like to think he's learned his lesson from it. Live and learn, we all do it.
    Has he EVER? Seriously, hes been a little brat since day 1, he hasn't changed one bit, not from any of the shit hes pulled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? So because of his age we should collectively ignore anything he said.
    Ten years ago I used to go off on girls when they rejected me.

But omg, somebody told or enjoyed a race joke. Alert the press and all the tools who give a fuck! I don't really care for JB, but political correctness in it's entirety just needs to crawl back up into whatever troll's asscrack it came out of and die.

> Endorsing the idea that people should care about celebrities

> Empowering racial slurs to cause offense and hysteria

I have nothing but deepest contempt for people who make a big deal about this sort of incident.

Deleted

And he did apologize. Here

As Digglett quite rightly pointed out, anybody can laugh at anything - the people that laughed were most probably exaggerating a laughter due to the uncomfortable'ness of the situation.

If you believe Justin Bieber put together that sentence for an apology then I'm afraid I've got some bad news. A press statement written by somebody else, doesn't count towards a sincere apology.

It sounds more like he's upset that he was found out.

Deleted
    Who hasn't made racist remarks and jokes growing up...heck, I still make racist jokes...I don't consider myself a racist as they are jokes and I don't actually say them to a person who could be offended by it.

Fuck you guys, if I could be like Justin Bieber I would...I'd accept all your hatred and dried my tears with all the money in the world. Moooonnneeeeeyyyy....

- - - Updated - - -

As Digglett quite rightly pointed out, anybody can laugh at anything - the people that laughed were most probably exaggerating a laughter due to the uncomfortable'ness of the situation.

If you believe Justin Bieber put together that sentence for an apology then I'm afraid I've got some bad news. A press statement written by somebody else, doesn't count towards a sincere apology.

It sounds more like he's upset that he was found out.
    Which is normal, theres plenty of idiots in the world...it won't be the first time I've said something stupid I didn't mean or that I did mean and realized later on that it was stupid.

Let's stop pretending that just because you are famous and say something stupid you should be crucified for it.

Even if he said that now I wouldn't care. He isn't using it in a malicious way and only joking.

People just love to hate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Who hasn't made racist remarks and jokes growing up...heck, I still make racist jokes...I don't consider myself a racist as they are jokes and I don't actually say them to a person who could be offended by it.

Fuck you guys, if I could be like Justin Bieber I would...I'd accept all your hatred and dried my tears with all the money in the world. Moooonnneeeeeyyyy....

- - - Updated - - -

Which is normal, theres plenty of idiots in the world...it won't be the first time I've said something stupid I didn't mean or that I did mean and realized later on that it was stupid.

Let's stop pretending that just because you are famous and say something stupid you should be crucified for it.
    I'm sure a lot of people have, but a lot of people don't record it and it still doesn't make it acceptable.

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing thing you don't like doing, which is stupid.”

Yes, there are a lot of idiots in this world but does that mean we should let this stupidity continue? Ignoring it so the next generation that come along do the same stupid mistakes? No.

It has nothing to do with his celebrity/famous status, I would just like I'm sure a lot of people would, would apply this same kind of hostility towards anybody who applied this kind of racism in a situation.

---
    Labeling something as a joke, is to try discredit the severity of what he/she is going to say / has said.

10+ Year Old Account
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if his career is gone, he's still a rich spoiled brat :X