Saving Grace is just another thing pushing me towards the opinion that the Priest dev has no idea what he's doing.

Why the hell would anyone use a heal that nerfs your healing for 8 seconds afterward? I cannot think of any situation where that would be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Saving Grace is just another thing pushing me towards the opinion that the Priest dev has no idea what he's doing.

Why the hell would anyone use a heal that nerfs your healing for 8 seconds afterward? I cannot think of any situation where that would be useful.
    when it was instant, you just had to read the name to get a reason why it was strong.

instant, low costing, 1700 SP heal which could generate DA/EoL? pretty strong.

with a cast time it doesn't make much sense though IMO.

The only problem with it is the healing debuff, though.

I'd rather it use a Charge system, something like 2 charges on a 30-45 second Recharge time. That would prevent people from spamming it, without nerfing other heals.

Even further, "If the target is under 30% health, +20% crit chance" or something similar.

Really make it feel like an emergency lifesaver.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-09-24 at 01:59 PM.

eh, when it was instant i thought the skill (for holy, didnt really try disc) was insane on a few mythic encounters. WoM is probably always better with 2/4pc but pre-cast time saving grace was really strong imo

After healing a few Heroics as Disc, it seems they're finally starting to adjust mob damage to be healable. I got Grimrail Depot H and was like "ohfuckno no nononononono" but it actually wasn't too bad.

The first boss was fucking obnoxious because it kept interrupting me over and over again with no warning, but other than that, the rest of the instance was fine, with a bit of CC on the trash mobs.

Disc still feels like it's stuck in Burning Crusade, though. Mostly just spamming CoW on the tank while using Penance/Flash Heal to heal up other party members, popping Archangel for the free crit PoH for some good AoE healing as well...but still, there aren't any procs or spell synergies, so it feels kinda bland compared to Holy. Effective healing, just a lot more boring.

Disc still feels like it's stuck in Burning Crusade, though. Mostly just spamming CoW on the tank while using Penance/Flash Heal to heal up other party members, popping Archangel for the free crit PoH for some good AoE healing as well...but still, there aren't any procs or spell synergies, so it feels kinda bland compared to Holy. Effective healing, just a lot more boring.
    To me it feels priests right after they removed downranking - there are just not enough spells to make it interesting; it really feels like it has holes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    To me it feels priests right after they removed downranking - there are just not enough spells to make it interesting; it really feels like it has holes in it.
    Even when downranking existed, you really only used GH R1 as your main "spam" heal, and max rank for big healing if it was needed.

Here, it's not that there aren't enough spells, it's that there's not enough synergy beteween them.

I use CoW, PW:S, Penance, maybe some Flash Heal and PoM, a bit of PoH, and Archangel on cooldown.

Whereas with Holy, I'm spamming Heal and Serenity while hitting PoM every Divine Insight proc, getting free Serendipity stacks from it, and also using Serenity's effect for big heals on the tank. Casting Lightwell on boss fights for its free heal, maybe switching to the AoE healing chakra for some phases of bosses, etc. It's not a whole lot, but it's more than what Disc has.

I don't understand why they nerfed Atonement so hard, though. They claimed it was because they don't want smart heals, but that's what Atonement is right now: not a smart heal. It just heals random injured target regardless of their health %. Atonement felt like the thing that set Disc apart from the other healers, that they could DPS to provide some effective healing. But now Atonement is nerfed into uselessness, and the 2pc makes it so that you never have to Smite ever again, so...yeah. Atonement is dead.

Disc just kinda feels like WOTLK Paladin right now, in that you just spam 1 healing spell on the tank, with one or two other spells occasionally. It's effective, but boring.

This is pretty much exactly it. Did an LFR on beta today and topped healing every fight by spamming Holy Nova and using Penance. I even stopped using spirit shell after a while because the 4pc got nerfed and is kinda shit now. Why did I spam NH the whole time? Because there was no reason not to, nothing that I needed to actually weave in. I started taking SoL and WoM because of this. When you're spaming HN the whole time, and you actually can on all the fights i did, CoW is pointless, you don't have time to cast it because HN GCD capped.

Other specs have things like Serendipity and Tidal Waves, but we don't. We HAD strength of Soul and Train of Thought, but not any longer. And when they added Holy Nova, they really should have given it some kind of interaction through this kind of mechanic, but they didn't, so the end result is basically unless we spec into it, none of our spells actually interact with each other. The only reason we stop casting one spell and start using another is because we need to tank heal or we need to AoE.

In some ways it's almost a good thing. We don't have to lose focus on the task at hand to make use of procs. If we need AoE we holy nova, if we need to tank heal we Penance/Heal/CoW. If we're really desperate for AoE we can PoH, but how often we can PoH is limited by our mana. In fact, this kind of gameplay actually kinda worked for disc before they nerfed the 4pc. It let us focus on timing our absorbs rather than our procs. Limiting our PoH usage to short periods during AA due to mana cost served to prevent us from simply spaming PoH. But now that the 4 set has been nerfed to 6 seconds it doesn't feel right, being forced to use too much mana or else waste half of SS.

What they should do is make it reduce the cost of PoH by 30-40% and last for 10sec.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Well, I guess they've given us 2% max mana regen per 10 on solace for something xD

Why is our silence only 30y? And not even that glyph to increase the range of out other offensive spells helps any :/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline
    Grace now increases all healing and absorption done by 30%, up from 20%.
    Now we can start asking the real questions about Disc theorycrafting.

My educated conclusion on Disc 'balancing' throughout the alpha and beta:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline
    Grace now increases all healing and absorption done by 30%, up from 20%.
    Now we can start asking the real questions about Disc theorycrafting.

My educated conclusion on Disc 'balancing' throughout the alpha and beta:

No need to ask any questions disc was ok on numbers before hand given that it will run lower overheal than anyone else. With 30% grace it actually comes within 5% of the max HPS that holy can produce but with 70% of its healing from absorbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    No need to ask any questions disc was ok on numbers before hand given that it will run lower overheal than anyone else. With 30% grace it actually comes within 5% of the max HPS that holy can produce but with 70% of its healing from absorbs.
    The point is that applying a +40% blanket healing modifier is one of the laziest balance band-aids I've ever seen. It's only beta and we're already getting this shit. It's not like the individual balance of the Disc spells work, since right now we're just spamming one button.

disc can be better than a resto druid, I don't care if I have to spam Holy Nova. I'd rather a class have moderate effectiveness with complexity than have large effectiveness with braid-dead levels of simplicity.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-10-04 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    Lazy and terrible, because 20% was the correct number. 30% is OP and will require a nerf soon after raiding starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    Lazy and terrible, because 20% was the correct number. 30% is OP and will require a nerf soon after raiding starts.
    Is the Discipline passive still in the game? That's an additional +10% to healing.

edit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=6

"Discipline
    Discipline (New) Increases healing and absorption done by 10%. Priest - Discipline Spec."

I would say the fact that it's not found means it was removed, but back when this was current the page also wasn't available, so...
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-10-04 at 11:14 PM.

CONGRATULATIOSN DISCLIPLINE PRIESTS.

Your insane, unreasonable whining HAS DONE IT AGAIN. Even though you are ALREADY the best Healer in the beta (the only healer who could compete was a Resto Druid with broke Treants, that now heal for a SIXTH of what they were during the last testing), you just got a HUGE buff. A completely unjustified buff.

With the lowest level of gear that will be available in the entire expansion, Disc was ALREADY the best healer in the game with 60%+ of their healing coming from Absorbs (mostly from one instant cast spell). You are so far ahead of everyone else now at this gear level, once you actually get gear it will be as bad or worse than it is now in MOP. CONGRATS. Your whining has done it again.

So much for "reigning" in absorbs, eh? The Devs of this game are COMPLETE FUCKING IDIOTS. I suppose what did it this time was "WAAAAAH SCALED TO LEVEL 95 AND ILVL 500 MY DISC PRIEST SUCKS PLS FIX." Who cares about raid testing data anyway? I'm just holding my breath for when they bump the passive to 60% hours before 6.0.

Larynx, Grace does exist, it's just not showing up in the spell book. It's one of those "baked-in" passives. Why Blizz decided to not show it in the spell book is beyond me.
    Thanks for the information? I know that. There are two separate passives. One is called Grace (+30%) the other is called Discipline (+10%). I was asking if "the Discipline passive still in the game," since no one has mentioned it since it was added.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post

Your insane, unreasonable whining HAS DONE IT AGAIN. Even though you are ALREADY the best Healer in the beta (the only healer who could compete was a Resto Druid with broke Treants, that now heal for a SIXTH of what they were during the last testing), you just got a HUGE buff. A completely unjustified buff.

With the lowest level of gear that will be available in the entire expansion, Disc was ALREADY the best healer in the game with 60%+ of their healing coming from Absorbs (mostly from one instant cast spell). You are so far ahead of everyone else now at this gear level, once you actually get gear it will be as bad or worse than it is now in MOP. CONGRATS. Your whining has done it again.

So much for "reigning" in absorbs, eh? The Devs of this game are COMPLETE FUCKING IDIOTS. I suppose what did it this time was "WAAAAAH SCALED TO LEVEL 95 AND ILVL 500 MY DISC PRIEST SUCKS PLS FIX." Who cares about raid testing data anyway? I'm just holding my breath for when they bump the passive to 60% hours before 6.0.
    qq

60%+ of their healing coming from Absorbs
    So much for "reigning" in absorbs, eh?
    It's actually more like 70%. Holy Paladins can do it too if they really tried, but everyone knows they're not a real absorb healer.

The Devs of this game are COMPLETE FUCKING IDIOTS.
    Yeah, they are. They're not the only ones, though.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-10-04 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post

Cry sum moar.

Disc was nowhere near "best healer in the game". I believe that title goes to Druid.

Cry sum moar.

Disc was nowhere near "best healer in the game". I believe that title goes to Druid.
    Look at his post history for a (shocking) surprise at what class he happens to play.

You are an idiot.

Disc was roughly on par with Druid in the last testing. Disc has received a further 10% buff. Druids have had their Treants nerfed to ~16% the strength they were in that testing. According to everyone around the internet, Treants were doing "30%" of a druids healing. Now, you tell me, how much of a nerf is that?

Furthermore, you seem to fail to understand the difference between raw, targeting healing, and preemptive absorbs. The problems it has caused in the past, and the promises from the dev team that it wouldn't be a problem in the future. Yet it was already beginning to be before this buff. It is now a certainty.