10+ Year Old Account

Asking for an Evaluation - Resto Shaman

Hi everyone,

I recently started raiding with my shaman and am healing a 10 man Heroic raid team. I'm having a lot of fun with her and while I think I'm doing okay I want to push to the next level and be amazing.

Looking for an analysis of the character and healing logs.

Electralyte Armory

SoO Through Iron Juggernaut - Heroic
    Shamans-Garrosh - Normal

On Galakras I was the tower healer.

I think you may have too much spirit, try to reforge some of it to other secondary stats (btw with advanced combat logging enabled in System/Network, warcraftlogs can show graphs of the available mana at each point).

Consider using Primal Elementalist over Unleashed Fury -- ever since they changed Unleashed Fury to buff the shaman instead of the target I found it much harder to use. Before the change it was possible to plan the 50% buff on the tank in advance, anticipating the tank getting low. However now when the tank gets low, it can be too dangerous to waste a GCD on Unleash Elements. On the other hand since Unleashed Elements is usually used to buff healing rain, the Unleashed Fury buff on the shaman is often consumed when the extra power is not actually required. With Primal Elementalist the fire/earth elementals get Empower/Reinforce, which give you +10% healing to all the spells, and Reinforce also has a nice 20% damage reduction. In addition, if you don't need the healing bonus the Primal Fire Elemental can be used to help the raid in DPS burst phases.

I saw a few cases in the logs in which you used Ascendance/Ancestral Guidance without healing rain -- due to the power of healing rain, you'll get most benefit from those cooldowns when healing rain is active for their entire duration.

Deleted
    You need to work on your earth shield uptime, no reason not to have near 100% uptime on a fight like juggernout. Also you might want to give glyph of riptide a try, on most fights it's pretty useful for blanketing the whole raid while nobody is taking much damage

It looks like you're using AG on every fight, I'd suggest giving the RS a go, on most fights it out performs AG and Conductivity; the only fights I use AG on are H Thok and H Garrosh, and Protectors is the only fight were I touch Conductivity and that's more a matter of personal preference. You have a boatload of spirit, since to have the LMG you can easily drop to 10-12k and pickup a bunch of crit. For level 90 talents PE pulls far ahead of UF, macro Reinforce to your elemental summons, 10% healing when it's needed and 20% damage reduction are both amazing.

Is there a weak aura that will monitor your earth shield without having to keep your earth shield target targeted? I could use improvement on ES uptime also, but I often end up getting pulled away on other targets for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    Is there a weak aura that will monitor your earth shield without having to keep your earth shield target targeted? I could use improvement on ES uptime also, but I often end up getting pulled away on other targets for too long.
    one way would be to write an aura that tracks if your focus target got ES and make a macro for ES which puts the one you cast ES on into focus

Deleted
    As mentioned Rushing Streams is very effective (more so on Jugg I would say). It is a smart heal healing the 2 lowest HP so more likely to keep people alive in what is a very spikey fight.

Also taking Call of the Elements for resetting RS and Stone Bulwark for another cast when needed.

Primal Elementalist as mentioned is probably better - nothing of note though.

Spirit is too high - even if you drop to 14k (which is high) that gives you 3k extra crit which also returned mana.

I think you have 1600 too much haste - around 9100 haste is normally aimed for unless I am missing something.

Reforge all mastery to Crit (mastery is not useless but crit lets you drop even more spirit for throughput).
    If looking at your char now
    Reforge

Head spirit to crit
    neck Mastery to crit
    shoulder spirit to crit
    chest mastery to crit
    Wrist mastery to crit
    hands remove reforge
    waist - spirit to crit.
    legs - enchant int / crit - reforge spirit to crit
    feet remove reforge and maybe do spirit to haste instead
    rings both reforge to get some crit on

Blimey you have been unlucky with trinkets......

reforge to crit on weap and shield

Just aim for 9100 haste and slap the rest into crit with keeping a spirit level you are comfortable with (14k is high - try that 1st).

You could gem better as you have a lot of spirit gems etc but just reforge out of more spirit on items should reduce that down some.

Im not great on logs but
    16 casts of Chain heals seems low unless I'm reading it wrong - I would have thought this is near use on CD.

Also doesn't look like you are dropping magma totem on meta procs at all (of course you could be doing something else) for a big mana return again reducing spirit needed for throughput.

Can you use LMG to just drop/recall magma totems over and over for its duration?

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    Can you use LMG to just drop/recall magma totems over and over for its duration?
    No, recalls casted during the four seconds meta gem proc don't give back mana -- we need to drop the totem during the proc, and recall afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, thanks for all the great info, I'll be reviewing this and make some changes for my next raid.

As far as earth shield, you can track it on your raid frames. I use Vudho for healing and it shows up there without having to track my focus.

I really like Totem Timers to track my own water shield, earth shield, and earthliving imbue. It has other features also, but lets you choose which you want to use or disable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    I really like Totem Timers to track my own water shield, earth shield, and earthliving imbue. It has other features also, but lets you choose which you want to use or disable.
    You shouldn't need a seperate addon for this. Earth Shield should just be set up as a HoT icon in VuhDo/Grid. Water Shield and ELW aren't things that you need active tracking of in combat since they last 60 minutes and are things you should just cast before each pull anyway. I personally just have WeakAuras for being in combat without WS and ELW active.