Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    IMO it's great that they are nerfing SB:SS. Soul Swap should obviously have been changed to how it was in T14 where we couldn't keep the dots on the target we swapped from without the glyph that gave Soul Swap a 30s CD. They should've kept Drain Soul how it was and reverted the Nightfall changes THEN balance the spec around that. It would've made the spec way more enjoyable to play. But nah, lets throw bandaids all over the place and ignore the huge QoL losses just like how they did with Demo . It's so obvious that the new Warlock devs have no idea how to balance the class while keeping the playstyles of the specs enjoyable.
    that is only your opinion tho, to me it would make the spec a lot more boring to play. i dunno about you but i prefer to have buttons that is worth using as oposed to the soul swap you are proposing which is an utterly useless version that might as well be removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Buff it more blizz, it's still fking boring.
    haha if blizz could only nerf the boredom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone, due to Evrelia and Zinnin not continuing thier work on the spec guides we are look for people to take over for them.

We need both an Affliction and Demonology guidemaker!

Read everything you need to know about it here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ffli-and-Demo!

Spread the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    How are people utilizing Haunt single target now? Are you guys finding that you get enough shards to maintain Haunt 100% of the time? Or are you saving some of the shard charges for trinket procs? It seems pretty random for me as I was playing in dungeons, but I've not had oodles of time to try it out in raids - where it really matters.

I think if they made Affliction get shards from all corruptions again this would really go a long way to helping the multi-target/aoe dps, but who knows.
    I am not feeling shard starved, single target. Even multiple targets I honestly feel like it is in a good spot. You cant just haunt like crazy or swap all your dots around, but it feels like a reasonable limitation.

**Edit**
    I am using 4pc and I feel good about shard generation because nightfall procs rather frequently. You have to think, we generally have a corruption up on something. That amounts to roughly a tick per second, with 4pc that is an 8.5% chance every second, give or take for haste, to get a shard. It feels ok to me now. Fel flame is still needed (shakes fist at totems and flag caps) but I feel good about aff now.
    Last edited by kucerakov; 2014-10-05 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    Kucerakov i think that you were just lucky with the shards.
    My extensive testing on the affliction spec shows that we are shard starved.They way it is now on the beta i`m often left with no shards for ~ 40 seconds.I play with haunting spirits talent.
    Do you know what that means ? It means that you are left out most of the time with no active level 100 talent PLUS haunt.And that is a heavy dps loss.You rely on a low RNG to get your shards back , and even if you get 1 shard you will have the next choice : should i spend that on a haunt ? or i shall wait for the next proc to use it with haunting spirits.So you can be without haunts for up to a 1minute.Also most of the encounters are heavy-movement oriented, which means your tier set is further devalued , and you cast less and less Drain Soul.Its very tricky , and its one of the worst rng design if you ask me.We will see how this plays out in the end. just my cents
    Last edited by mmoc3b2bf2eb55; 2014-10-05 at 09:35 PM.

You know to be honest, when you put it like that, you are likely quite right. It just FELT okay to me, but that is entirely unscientific. Plus yeah with that talent it is more of a drain. It's a level 100 talent they shouldn't make it something that makes something that costs an already hard to come by resource cost more just to use the talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to give us a higher proc chance on Nightfall or give us back the AoE corruption proc again, giving us another soul shard talent at 100 makes the spec reliable on getting enough shards to keep high uptime on SB: Haunt and Haunt debuff.

Deleted
    well it didnt help that they also nerfed the shard gain from killing mobs, as it made us rely entirely on nightfall while also doubling or tripling our shard-usage by giving a shard cost or additional shard cost on pretty much all core shard abilities(essentially saving 1 gcd pr shard spent is rarely worth it, if ever). i will agree that the current nightfall procchance is a bit on the low side and could be buffed.

It's funny because they nerfed the shard proc chance xD

I have no problem with us being shard starved and making it more of a tough choice to use it on anything else.

What I have a problem with is that aff multi-target is really mediocre because of how low dot damage is in order to compensate drain soul being what it is. They just buffed it so we'll see if that's enough... but I'd be surprised.

Soul Swap keeping 3s seconds and costing 1 shard.

Ummmm, no tx.

It takes only 1 wrong tab to get F in a multi-mob scenario, unless you guys are using mouse click.

For a 1 shard cost, i want time to think, i want to bag it for a while.

I call it Bull. And hell i just leveled a lock to 86, i dont like destro... Jeez relying in 1 spec is too close for confort.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    For a 1 shard cost, i want time to think, i want to bag it for a while.
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=159691

Not that it justifies the cost... but here you go.

Is 30s long enough for you to figure out you shouldn't have spent that shard on soul swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Is 30s long enough for you to figure out you shouldn't have spent that shard on soul swap?
    It will be almost intuitive as people lean towards SB:H and begins to stay shard starved hahah

It takes only 1 wrong tab to get F in a multi-mob scenario, unless you guys are using mouse click.
    Tab-targeting for multidotting is horribly bad practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just very weird to think about Affliction now. It is the complete opposite of what it is known for, as more targets enter the fight the worse it becomes due to not being able to Soul Swap, they should give us like 6 shards baseline, like they did with WW Monks + Ascension.

Well, if you want to go along with the whole cutting down of redundant abilities we have here... why not cut out Soul Swap altogether and have Soulburn Seed of Corruption spread all your DoT effects on the target to all enemies affected by the explosion?
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Well, if you want to go along with the whole cutting down of redundant abilities we have here... why not cut out Soul Swap altogether and have Soulburn Seed of Corruption spread all your DoT effects on the target to all enemies affected by the explosion?
    My whole thought process is to make Unstable Affliction have an additional proc and that proc could be: Unstable Affliction becomes even more "unstable" spreading to all targets in a 8 yard radius. I mean... it is Unstable... isn't it?

Deleted
    Idiotic idea. The very point of Aff is to be able to dot/cleave opponents that are far from one another. Make our cleave capability dependent on having the targets stack will be the final nail in Affliction's coffin, because Destro or Demo will always outperform us with less setup, more burst and the ability to effectively pump resources generated in AoE into the priority target, if needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Idiotic idea. The very point of Aff is to be able to dot/cleave opponents that are far from one another. Make our cleave capability dependent on having the targets stack will be the final nail in Affliction's coffin, because Destro or Demo will always outperform us with less setup, more burst and the ability to effectively pump resources generated in AoE into the priority target, if needed.
    With the changes to Soul Swap, explain to me how the cleave to far away targets will be in line with Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=159691

Not that it justifies the cost... but here you go.

Well, i still got a point, SHARD cost gives me nothing i don't have today, it's just a plain nerf. The glyph is good, but i'm losing one glyph slot. My point is, they charged a shard and gave nothing in return.

If you think its cool, play it. As a below 90 i don't see the problem of SS without Pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Tab-targeting for multidotting is horribly bad practice.
    Not even going to reply to dat. Just one word: Clicker. Not going to mention the situation of 10 mobs clustered on screen.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

it's just a plain nerf.
    Oh hey I think he's getting it.

Not even going to reply to dat. Just one word: Clicker. Not going to mention the situation of 10 mobs clustered on screen.
    Are you really going to try and insult someone by calling them a clicker while you're tabbing through 20 mobs and trying to call it effective? LOL
    Please, explain to me, what what world is tabbing through 20 targets hoping to get to the right one more effective than manually selecting the exact target you want?

The current 3 second model is supposed to punish you if you mess up that decision in a short amount of time so you need accuracy, not dumb luck.