Page 68 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wow , that 2 piece in multitarget situations, you can barely spend all those hog charges
    Feel like it will get a nerf , like only the most recent corruption counts or something like that.. because, you know, warlocks need to get shat on.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Wow , that 2 piece in multitarget situations, you can barely spend all those hog charges
    Feel like it will get a nerf , like only the most recent corruption counts or something like that.. because, you know, warlocks need to get shat on.
    I would be fine with that, since that's how most of our dot related procs work anyway.

Does anyone know how its coming along on the demonology simcraft? I was messing around with the action priority list and different talents, and the best results I've come up with so far is 24,7k and 36,8k with the PVP gear scaled to 660 and 700 itemlevels respectively. I'm not nearly as good with setting up this as the people who actually work with it and my guess is there is a ton of potential improvement. I should also note that this is with Service, Demonbolt, Glyph of Dark Soul and without Glyph of Imp Swarm.

Hey guys. I finally got some time to mess around on beta. Probably will only be doing some dungeon testing/dummies unless i can get into some raid testing(if there is still going to be more). Been trying to keep up with everything and what you guys are finding/posting about. Just 2 questions. Are stats still mastery > haste >crit? And grim of service still? I haven't done demo since tot, early soo. Going to go back to it for the last couple weeks of siege raiding to start getting ready for the switch i think i'll be making. Pretty much over destro at the moment. Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by missbrooklyn25 View Post
    Hey guys. I finally got some time to mess around on beta. Probably will only be doing some dungeon testing/dummies unless i can get into some raid testing(if there is still going to be more). Been trying to keep up with everything and what you guys are finding/posting about. Just 2 questions. Are stats still mastery > haste >crit? And grim of service still? I haven't done demo since tot, early soo. Going to go back to it for the last couple weeks of siege raiding to start getting ready for the switch i think i'll be making. Pretty much over destro at the moment. Thanks in advance!
    I believe it's Mastery > Crit > Multistrike > Haste for Beta. I can't actually recall which is better out of Crit or Multistrike but I believe they're close. Haste is largely devalued as a result of the removal of snapshotting.

Service is still decent, though I personally prefer Synergy. I think I'll take Service when burst AoE is needed via double felstorm, however.

Honestly a lot is still up in the air over Demonology, we're awaiting a few balance passes so I'm not really reading too much into anything until we get to 6.0 at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    We'll rely on you to ask the hard, dirty Warlock questions in the Q&A panel for Classes!
    I would love to know why there is so much hypocrisy when it comes to lock talents:

-trap talents are bad for everyone except us (sac/service)
    -it's not ok for ret's final verdict to not offer aoe damage, but it is ok for Demonbolt not to
    -slam had to change to not trap players, but Demonbolt is ok as is?

If they answer even ONE of those I'd be shocked

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I would love to know why there is so much hypocrisy when it comes to lock talents:

-it's not ok for ret's final verdict to not offer aoe damage, but it is ok for Demonbolt not to

They'll just point to hunters and say "Lone Wolf"

Quote Originally Posted by bloodravn View Post
    They'll just point to hunters and say "Lone Wolf"
    Eh, I suppose that is consistent with the idea of it being a trap combination, but it doesn't coincide with the Slam/FV situations.

executioner's sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    executioner's sentence.
    You're missing the point.

They specifically added an aoe component to Final Verdict. Their reasoning for this was that they didn't want the other two to have aoe abilities and that one not to.

@xorn(not to be confused with zorn): Our talent tiers have been breaking the "rules" this entire time, that's our niche!

You're missing the point.

They specifically added an aoe component to Final Verdict. Their reasoning for this was that they didn't want the other two to have aoe abilities and that one not to.
    im not, different classes have different things, weather its talents or spells or whatever. you can't "flatly" compare one talent to the next without considering their entire repertoire.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    im not, different classes have different things, weather its talents or spells or whatever. you can't "flatly" compare one talent to the next without considering their entire repertoire.
    I'd have to agree with this. As annoying as it can be to have things like this happen it is much more aggravating to play a class where you only have 1 AoE spell that is worth casting and a talent choice would basically make that 1 button you had not even worth pressing.
    Really hope that Demo goes live in a good place though, best spec in the game.

Deleted
    Did they buff doomguards dps or is demonic servitude still a dps loss talent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    We'll rely on you to ask the hard, dirty Warlock questions in the Q&A panel for Classes!
    I would ask, why is demonology the only class to suffer from being forced into melee to aoe, suffer from being "target Range" as such, and why cant they fix it by either making it ranged or count us as melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    I would ask, why is demonology the only class to suffer from being forced into melee to aoe, suffer from being "target Range" as such, and why cant they fix it by either making it ranged or count us as melee.
    We're sucked into melee for mobility to make use of Hellfire too.

I just think the Demonic Servitude and its relation to other talents is just a mess and unfinished this close to launch. I have never seen an expansion with unfinished talents, that is just terrible. Undertuned, fine, but unfinished synergy is just...

I would say just let DS reduce the cooldown of both guardians by a hefty amount or something. I'm not sure if that's even a dps gain or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I just think the Demonic Servitude and its relation to other talents is just a mess and unfinished this close to launch. I have never seen an expansion with unfinished talents, that is just terrible. Undertuned, fine, but unfinished synergy is just...

I would say just let DS reduce the cooldown of both guardians by a hefty amount or something. I'm not sure if that's even a dps gain or whatever.
    Our guardians do almost no damage as it is (on live at least), but at this point anything other than DS would be better, honestly the worst talent I've ever come across.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Our guardians do almost no damage as it is (on live at least), but at this point anything other than DS would be better, honestly the worst talent I've ever come across.
    I honestly think the talent shouldn't replace your primary demon, at least for demonology.

If the talent struggles to even hit DPS neutral that seems like a big sign that they need to separate the Cooldown versions of the guardians and the DS pets to be able to boost the talents numbers.

I'm just surprised they didn't make the talent reduce the cooldown of our guardian CDs to 1 min. That way they don't need to deal with any of the utility issues raised by having them replaced by our CDs. The Grimoire talents still have a slight imbalance since GoSup provides the Terrorguard/Abyssal though.
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2014-09-21 at 10:31 PM.