Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Critical Mass only increases your crit chance from gear, so no.
    oh so they changed critical mass for the WoD alpha? because its definatley not that on live

That is not how it works on live at all. Confirmed Critical Mass does effect it:

Frost ‏@Frost1129 23m

@Celestalon Does the +5% of Enhanced Pyrotechnics get improved by Critical Mass?

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon 20m

@Frost1129 Yes.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...42647528521728
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-06-08 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to be interesting to see how Fire and the other specs scale against each other. Fire has generally seemed to be a more end-expansion spec compared to the others (for the most part), maybe this will allow it to be a strong spec earlier on. Can't wait to see T17 bonuses too (granted it will probably be increase damage of x ability by 5%).

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Going to be interesting to see how Fire and the other specs scale against each other. Fire has generally seemed to be a more end-expansion spec compared to the others (for the most part), maybe this will allow it to be a strong spec earlier on. Can't wait to see T17 bonuses too (granted it will probably be increase damage of x ability by 5%).
    which is funny because this expansion it was the strongest in the first tier and the weakest in the last tier due to how blizzard butchered it, even with another 100 ilvls of gear it didnt recover

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    which is funny because this expansion it was the strongest in the first tier and the weakest in the last tier due to how blizzard butchered it, even with another 100 ilvls of gear it didnt recover
    Wait, what? Fire is arguably the best spec ATM if you consider damage, raid utility and mobility... Hell, even if you consider only damage it's still on par with Arcane and both miles ahead of frost.

(Yeah I know it's just top 10 with a lot of padding and chessing)
    Last edited by Artorius; 2014-06-08 at 01:41 PM.

Are you playing the same game as us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Critical Mass only increases your crit chance from gear, so no.
    Incorrect. They are accumulative I think.

What [Critical Mass] does is "multiplies the critical strike chance of your Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Pyroblast, and Scorch by 1.30.", that is to say that those spells will get an extra percentage to be critical strikes. And the same applies to [Improved Pyroblast].

So for example, if a mage has (due to his equipment) a 20% chance of critical strike, thanks to [Critical Mass], his [Pyroblast] spell will have by default a 26% chance to inflict a critical hit (20*1.3) and if the mage counts also with [Improved Pyroblast] his [Pyroblast] spell then will have in total a 41% chance of inflicting a critical hit (26+15) ...

I thought CM was the last thing to be applied in the calculation?

assuming 20% crit, and 15% extra from imp pyro. -3% crit supression

((20+15)-3)*1.3 = 41.6

if we multiply it by just the crit before all the imps and supresses

((20*1.3)+15)-3 = 38

so which is it

10+ Year Old Account
    Critical Mass affects everything at the very end. Your first example is correct, the second one is not.

Assuming a buffed and default crit chance of 20%, the numbers would be:

(20-3) x1.3 = 17 x 1.3 = 22.1

If you add for example 2 stacks of Enhanced Pyrotechnics, it goes like this:

(20-3+10) x1.3 = 27 x 1.3 = 35.1

So your crit chance is ([what's written on your sheet]-[crit suppression]+[all additive buffs or debuffs]) X [critical mass]
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry my ignorance but, what is that [crit suppression]??

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a 1% less chance to critically hit for every level that the target is above you. Boss mobs (skulls) are considered to be +3 levels from you at all times. This means that you have a 3% less chance to crit bosses.

This is true even if you for example go to Molten Core, a level 60 raid. Bosses there also have skulls instead of levels which means that for purposes of hit, crit and defense they are +3 levels from you (or currently counted as 93).
    My magic will tear you apart.

Deleted
    Wouldn't that mean that, assuming Crit=Mastery=Haste in terms of stat priority for a class, Mastery=Haste>Crit, by 3%?

Quote Originally Posted by Docer View Post
    Wouldn't that mean that, assuming Crit=Mastery=Haste in terms of stat priority for a class, Mastery=Haste>Crit, by 3%?
    No.

If crit=mastery=haste in terms of stat priority, it's because we've figured out crit=mastery=haste in terms of their effect on DPS.

Deleted
    Sure, of course some classes stack crit. I'm just wondering are the classes that do at a 3% disadvantage technically speaking compared to classes that stack Mastery or Haste.

I know this is hypothetical, in a scenario where every class would be pulling very similar numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Are you playing the same game as us?
    probably not since im playing heroics at 585 ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Docer View Post
    Sure, of course some classes stack crit. I'm just wondering are the classes that do at a 3% disadvantage technically speaking compared to classes that stack Mastery or Haste.

I know this is hypothetical, in a scenario where every class would be pulling very similar numbers.
    Again, no. The strength of stats relative to one another is more to do with class mechanics (and some times encounters, but not usually) and how the stats interact with those mechanics to deal damage. Comparing the relative strengths of those stats between classes doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-06-10 at 01:35 PM.

u wot m8? weakest in the last tier? so, you really think fire is the weakest spec in this tier right now? not sure if serious.
    http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/...a/onemanaleft/
    http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/...anis/Blugatti/
    you are losing to me in dps on some fights in 10m. keep in mind, I only did 10m for a week and it was back in March. and the fights you do beat me on, it is a very small margin which considering the ilvl boost now is lol worthy. fire worst spec confirmed.
    sorry to burst your bubble, but youre not that special.
    Last edited by fearist; 2014-06-10 at 05:03 PM.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Again, no. The strength of stats relative to one another is more to do with class mechanics (and some times encounters, but not usually) and how the stats interact with those mechanics to deal damage. Comparing the relative strengths of those stats between classes doesn't make sense.
    Indeed. Unless all classes and specs in their current state were balanced to a T and 100% equal, and then the 3% crit nerf went in, there would be a difference. Otherwise it is something that is negligible over everything.

Most of the Mages here are heroic raiders....

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    u wot m8? weakest in the last tier? so, you really think fire is the weakest spec in this tier right now? not sure if serious.
    http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/...a/onemanaleft/
    http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/...anis/Blugatti/
    you are losing to me in dps on some fights in 10m. keep in mind, I only did 10m for a week and it was back in March. and the fights you do beat me on, it is a very small margin which considering the ilvl boost now is lol worthy. fire worst spec confirmed.

sorry to burst your bubble, but youre not that special.
    1. ive got the rank 1 parse on heroic garrosh across all mage specs, the end boss of the expansion, thats argument over for whats the best dmg

this even included hurting the dps because i solo engineers.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3005&e=3557

next highest parse is 419k on warcraft logs, and 418k by vykina on worldoflogs, i smashed it

for some reason it shows up as a wipe, but you wont find a higher parse (if you do its been done since, with more gear)

then what, you show logs worse than mine when ive spent most of this tier without spell haste or even mastery buff most fights while you probably had warforged gear and probably had full buffs, good argument bud try again, and at least this time try posting superior numbers

2. fire was the worst spec this tier, sure you can look at 585 gear now and argue its good but throughout progression it was the lowest dmg

dmg you do at 588 doesnt make a spec good, fire was good at the end of ToT but during ToT progression fire was absolutely terrible, mages were sat all the time. blood legion who ran 3-4 mages in t14 used 0-1 in ToT progress. same went for SoO, sure right now fire mages do OK dmg but at one point this tier, of the top 10 guilds there was 1 mage out of 250 raiders in the roster of their most recent kill.
    this is because fire was weak this tier, along with mages as a whole because the specs like arcane that actualy did good dmg were so immobile and lacking utility to justify bringing it over another warlock

fire was not good this tier, you might just try to salvage your argument by saying its good now months and months after the tier is over

3. these logs dont show the bosses that count, i know for a fact i absolutely destoy you on garrosh, seeing as i have the rank 1 parse across all classes on herioc.

siege paragons and garrosh all dont show up, the fights that actualy cuont and the fights i try to bring the dps on. logs this tier are pretty flawed to only show parses for bosses that guilds killed literlay the first day

sorry to burst your bubble but you and your fire dps arent that special or that good

4. i would not say most mages on this thread are heroic raiders. if youre 13/14H or less you arent a heroic raider. perhaps my view is skewed on this issue because the person who makes like 90% of the posts on the mage forums is some normal mode raider
    Last edited by onemanaleft; 2014-06-10 at 05:31 PM.

1. ive got a rank 1 parse on heroic garrosh across all mage specs, the end boss of the expansion, thats argument over for whats the best dmg

this even included hurting the dps because i solo engineers.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3005&e=3557

next highest parse is 419k, i smashed it

for some reason it shows up as a wipe, but you wont find a higher parse (if you do its been done since, with more gear)
    2. fire was the worst spec this tier, sure you can look at 585 gear now and argue its good but throughout progression it was the lowest dmg

3. these logs dont show the bosses that count, i know for a fact i absolutely destoy you on garrosh, seeing as i have the rank 1 parse across all classes on herioc.

siege paragons and garrosh all dont show up, the fights that actualy cuont and the fights i try to bring the dps on. logs this tier are pretty flawed to only show parses for bosses that guilds killed literlay the first day

sorry to burst your bubble but you and your fire dps arent that special or that good
    As awesome as it is to bring epeen into a topic that has nothing (literally nothing) to do with Heroic SoO.0 can you please take your epeen comparison somewhere else or stay on topic here? You're not going to convince anyone here to revere you or give you special treatment.

Thanks,

An uncaring heroic raider.