Thread: halo Collection

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I really liked ODST ._.
    ODST is technically a standalone expansion to 3 rather than a new game, it could be shoehorned in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    That article is spot on, and honestly Halo is fucking dead. The competitive scene has gone to shit, and lets face it 343 doesn't give a fuck about MCC, they got their money. I refuse to buy Halo 5 and honestly I'll be amazed if MCC ever works.
    mcc wasnt 343's fault, if youv looked more into the situation beyond the surface you would know that they were forced to put microsofts experimental matchmaking system into game and forced to push the release date up alot further than it was ready for. Unfort this has been the life of developing halo since halo 2 and 1 days. The major problem they are running into is trying to change over the matchmaking system after the games shipped, and trying to mesh games from 3 different generations.

If you were to have played the halo 5 beta you would have seen that its a giant fucking step in the correct direction which is back to the arena shooter that halo was in halo 2 days.

If halo 5 follows what we saw in the halo 5 beta then i think its going to great as long as they arnt rushed to fuck by MS.

The state of MCC is beyond unacceptable, I've been saying it since week 2 of the release, it will never be fixed. They simply don't care.
    Again there is only so much 343 themselves can do, 5 different studios worked on the ports so they could meet the deadline, If anything id put the MCC problem squarly on microsofts shoulders and no one elses. And tbh i havnt seen any major problems since the 5 beta stopped, few party issues but other than that we have been getting games fine.

Bungie shit all over halo after 2, 3 was good but wasnt on the level of 2 and reach was just a fucking disgrace, and 4 was just another step in the wrong direction.

Honestly if i hadnt seen what i did in the halo 5 beta i would consider halo a dead franchise .

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I really liked ODST ._.
    ODST was a decent story with decent characters.

What was not decent, however, was the $60 price tag they gave the game.

It was supposed to be a $15 expansion DLC to Halo 3, but Micro$oft forced Bungie to turn it into a stand alone because they knew it would sell. So basically we ended up with a $60 DLC that offered about 3-5 hours of campaign and came with the normal Halo 3 multiplayer on a seperate disc (because ODST has no multiplayer on its own).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.