Deleted

Google chrome problem/virus?

Basically when browsing the net using chrome, sometimes a page iv opened will try and load a new page automatically, recently it is

'http://downloads.stazva.com/FPlayer/UK/auload.html?installer=Flash_Player_13_for_Other_Browsers&browser_type=KHTML&dualoffer=fals e'

but the page is unable to reload and norton pops up saying its prevented an attack on my computer. I've scanned my computer with Norton and there are no viruses. I've also deleted and reinstalled Chrome (which before hand was trying to load a page with a different name).

Here is what norton says,

'Network traffic from downloads.stazva.com matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME2\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\GOOGLE\CHROME\APPLICATION\CHROME.EXE.'

Thanks.

According to norton's forums, it is either a false positive or someone is trying to "launch a attack using your computer" or something like that. Get Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner and run both just to be safe.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Thanks. Shall give them a go.

Deleted
    A few added steps to above suggestion.

malware-removal-guide

Try disabling addons/extensions in Chrome.
    If you are logged into your account, it is possible they are being reinstalled along with the browser.
    Particularly if you have any video downloaders etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Hey, I've just registered to post here. I have this too, I've tried the malware removal software suggested and it has not worked. It is working on both chrome and firefox, thing is when you google stazva this is the only thread I find on google. Seems odd, can anyone offer some help?

Deleted
    Ive noticed that the page only loads while i am on this site.... had twitch up all night and no problem, same with facebook. Yet when im on these forums the page tries to load that crap.

Bad ad maybe? That the only thing I can think of if it's site-specific.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by incipio View Post
    Hey, I've just registered to post here. I have this too, I've tried the malware removal software suggested and it has not worked. It is working on both chrome and firefox, thing is when you google stazva this is the only thread I find on google. Seems odd, can anyone offer some help?
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Bad ad maybe? That the only thing I can think of if it's site-specific.
    I just registered here too as it's the top (only real) google result on searching, I think tielknight is right in that it's a bad ad; I've done multiple virus scans, computer checks, reinstalled firefox (it's not chrome-specific), all the way down to a defrag+CHKDSK followed by more virus scanning from multiple applications.

I only have this issue when browsing imgur, probably every 5th or 10th picture or so redirects to this stazva page. Note that the page itself looks identical to the Adobe page to download the latest flash player, but it is a virus download. The way that the imgur pages load (with the ad on the right hand side), it's fairly obvious it's a bad ad as it's the last thing to load on the page. Most of the time the ad loads fine (they're random ads), but now and then no ad loads and you're redirected to this bad site.

I would ask that the admins of this site follow up with their advertising partner to diagnose the issue and audit the adverts. I should note that the ads on this site are similar to those shown on imgur, so I imagine it's the same advertising partner.

Hopefully this clears the issue up for some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check your browser for any extensions, get adblock solely for imgur/mmo-c.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory