Page 23 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    But being Zelda would imply ninja and magic skills and that would be awesome

a girl link in terms of an actual game (not spin off) would just be.... well..... link with boobs.
    Rather than playing ninja Zelda, I'd rather she get her own full game that's even more puzzle based than typical LoZ games and also involves aspects of managing a kingdom, having to make decisions that can bite you in the ass later and having to steer the kingdom.

Zelda does not represent the Triforce of Ninja Stealth Assassination, she is inheritor of the Triforce of Wisdom. I'd like a game that actually plays to that strength and lets you really delve into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It was a joke! I know who Impa is.

Honestly though, I'd rather they go full blown it if they were to offer opposite genders.

Make it like, Female Link, Male Zelda, and Male Impa.

The names would probably be horrible though, because they'd probably stick to Linkle, but then it would be like, Prince Zeld, and everyone's favorite, Impo.
    Prince zorldo.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Breath of the Wild totally takes place in the downfall timeline in between OOT and ALTTP. If you have a specific question, ask me why.
    I read most of your post and I have to agree. It makes a lot of sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I gotta say Breath of the Wild looks fucking amazing and I'm starting to feel the same hype feeling I had when Twilight Princess was revealed. I love LOVE how it's become more of an RPG with the different kinds of weapons you can pick up, the cooking and eating of those cooked up items to regain health, the different pieces of clothing and armor you can find throughout the world that actually changes the way you look (I even seen different hairstyles! How fucking cool is that?), and I just love how OPEN the world is. It's like Skyrim if not bigger. And has anyone seen the fucking shield snowboarding down snowy mountains?? Holy shit man.

Man I cannot wait for this. The fact that the release date is sometime in 2017 makes this even worse. How can I possibly wait that long? I need this game in my life right now.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

March 2017

so just under a year
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    March 2017

so just under a year
    Omg I was hoping for an early 2017 release date like January or February. Damn, I guess I'll just have to watch the gameplay videos over and over like I did with Twilight Princess.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

March 2017

so just under a year
    Has Nintendo officially confirmed this anywhere? I've seen a few folks mention it but haven't tracked down any confirmation from Nintendo about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Has Nintendo officially confirmed this anywhere? I've seen a few folks mention it but haven't tracked down any confirmation from Nintendo about it.
    NX is being released sometime in march of next year. They stated on twitter that BotW and NX will have a simultaneous release which is the main reason why the game is delayed at all.

NX is being released sometime in march of next year. They stated on twitter that BotW and NX will have a simultaneous release which is the main reason why the game is delayed at all.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...nx-launch.aspx

All Nintendo has confirmed is that BotW will launch on Wii U/NX at the same time, not that it would be a NX launch title.

All Nintendo has confirmed is that BotW will launch on Wii U/NX at the same time, not that it would be a NX launch title.
    that doesn't change anything, it's still at minimum slightly less than a year away

It's amazing after how many times I have pointed this out on this forum it still needs pointed out.

If Zelda was an NX launch title, they would have said it was. When Nintendo doesn't say Q1 or Q2 or Q3, or put a month and just puts a blanket year as a release date that almost always means Q4, aka holiday season.

- - - Updated - - -

that doesn't change anything, it's still at minimum slightly less than a year away
    November 2017 is likely, and that's more then a year away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm more surprised that people actually try to make sense of the nonsensical timeline Nintendo released..
    still think that the timeline was a complete marketing stunt to market their "origins story" in skyward

...and because continuity-obessesd fans wanted it to have a timeline. a notion that is ill concieved if you ask me. a continuity restrics the developers in what decisions they can make with the IP.

up until the marketing prosess of skyward the official stance of nintendo was that the games are mostly independent (i always liked to imagine that every console gneration is its own thing, and would easily fit)

but well the dye is cast...

Yes it does. The game has not been confirmed as a launch title for the NX, so the March 2017 release date/window you cited is erroneous. The game could be a holiday 2017 release as well, putting it at over a year away. Again, Nintendo has said nothing more than "2017" for its release window.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessal View Post
    still think that the timeline was a complete marketing stunt to market their "origins story" in skyward

...and because continuity-obessesd fans wanted it to have a timeline. a notion that is ill concieved if you ask me. a continuity restrics the developers in what decisions they can make with the IP.

up until the marketing prosess of skyward the official stance of nintendo was that the games are mostly independent (i always liked to imagine that every console gneration is its own thing, and would easily fit)

No, they pretty much always said there was a time line.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    No, they pretty much always said there was a time line.
    Not sure why people care one way or the other.

I'm perfectly fine with each Zelda game being a slightly different retelling of the same story. Because that's what they all are. I don't give 2 shits how they're connected because in the grand scheme of things it's pretty irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessal View Post

As someone else said, there was always a timeline, but once Wind Waker, and by extension Twilight Princess, came out, the entire timeline became less linear and more wonky. How could Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and the first four games plus the Oracle games be after Ocarina of Time?

Thus the timeline was born.

I know the existence of a second timeline was confirmed by Miyamoto at some point, but the third timeline wasn't revealed until Hyrule Historia.

- - - Updated - - -

One theory I've heard and subscribed to at the moment is Breath of the Wild is a timeline convergence.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/so...izon-zero-dawn

Sony president Shuhei Yoshida compared BotWs to Horizon: Zero Dawn after getting a chance to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does. The game has not been confirmed as a launch title for the NX, so the March 2017 release date/window you cited is erroneous. The game could be a holiday 2017 release as well, putting it at over a year away. Again, Nintendo has said nothing more than "2017" for its release window.
    A while ago I remember the NX being announced for March 2017 along with Zelda "NX" but then it just got changed to 2017. So this is where this is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    A while ago I remember the NX being announced for March 2017 along with Zelda "NX" but then it just got changed to 2017. So this is where this is coming from.
    https://mynintendonews.com/2016/04/3...o-simply-2017/

Sauce.

10+ Year Old Account
    My general theory is the game takes place 100 years after OOT and will explore the story of the fallen hero of time. Why was he defeated and what happened to him. It will showcase the kingdom in decline as a direct result of the imprisoning war. And it will set things up for ALTTP. The whole third timeline split is relatively novel it being a huge surprise from Hyrule Historia. It didn't seem like Nintendo really planned for it and it was a recent development by them. And when you think about it, it doesn't make sense. There is a clear mechanism seen in OOT in why the adult/child timelines split and co-exist. But the downfall timeline feels like a "what-if" timeline that isn't properly linked with the rest of the series. Why did the hero even fall to begin with? What happened to him? I think Nintendo will use this game to further elaborate on this and patch the missing links. But here are my reasons why I believe it takes place in between OOT and ALTTP and I will address it by the above po
    I would be fine with this placement. My biggest problem with the timeline like many is the pulled out of ass failure branch. Its a great idea, but just saying "oh WHAT IF!" is a bad reason for its existence to me. If time travel is involved then all the other games that had it would have their own "WHAT IF!?!?" failure lines, or just games without it for that matter. To me it always sounded like a great idea, but was just added to give the classic/2D games a place in the new timeline after TP and WW came out. Something like you suggest however is totally what I would be all for, give me a reason to like the idea of Link failing in OoT and how exactly it happened and some more repercussions of it then what is just hinted about in ALTP and in the Historia book.

If Nintendo decides to go along that route, then my only qualms to still have about the timeline is my belief that the Oracle games should take place as a sequel to Link Between Worlds.