Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naelwen View Post
    Why would you be bothered If I wanted to quest alone for 30 min?
    As an example, "Sorry friend, I'm just going to quest for the next 30 minutes, thanks though. See you kids tomorrow!"
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

10+ Year Old Account
    They posted awhile back that it was a lot more difficult to implement than they anticipated so while they still planned to add it, there was no ETA.

I'm not sure I'd personally use the feature, but I can see the uses for it, and more options is never a bad thing... so hopefully we see it before too long.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    As an example, "Sorry friend, I'm just going to quest for the next 30 minutes, thanks though. See you kids tomorrow!"
    That´s what I'm doing atm, it´s not a solution. Some people I enjoy doing arena with for example just keeps spamming, "meeeeh, come on just a few games" etc etc etc... Having a bunch of people like that, I tend to end up chatting more than playing the game in the end... And no, deleting all my friends on my friends list is not a valid solution either. 9 times out of 10 I don´t mind joining them.

Why in the world would it bother you so much, if people had the option to sometimes fish/quest or w/e alone sometimes?

I would love this option, I don´t always want to get spammed by "hey, come here, lets do this or that, join TS/Mumble". 9 times out of 10 I don´t mind joining people on friends list for arena or w/e but sometimes I just want to enjoy the game in peace. Why would you be bothered If I wanted to quest alone for 30 min?
    It doesn't bother me. What bothers me is childish whiny entitlement and refusal to accept personal responsibility. There's also this broadcast feature and a DND option. These do not work to get you some quiet time? If they can't respect your wish for occasional solitude, maybe these so-called friends shouldn't be on that list.

Today: LFD ruined our community!!
    Tomorrow: Invisible feature is ruining our community!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    Wasn't this "coming soon" in 2012? I love my friends, but I don't want to play a game with them EVERY TIME I LOG INTO BATTLE.NET. Sometimes I want to log on, do an BG, Dungeon or play a couple of hands of HS without every. single. person. knowing. How difficult can this be to implement? PLEASE add a privacy setting to the Battle.net login!
    Or you could, you know, tell your friends politely you don't feel like playing with them right now.
    Hard right?
    I personally don't understand why anyone would add someone to battle.net when they apparently just want to dodge them.

- - - Updated - - -

That´s what I'm doing atm, it´s not a solution. Some people I enjoy doing arena with for example just keeps spamming, "meeeeh, come on just a few games" etc etc etc... Having a bunch of people like that, I tend to end up chatting more than playing the game in the end... And no, deleting all my friends on my friends list is not a valid solution either. 9 times out of 10 I don´t mind joining them.
    So tell them "No thank you" or "Thanks anyway" when they keep pestering you.
    Or rather why do you hang out with people who can't respect your wishes when you say "Not right now"?
    Personally I'd go with the "Sorry, busy right now" and if they keep bugging you, you just don't respond. You've given them an answer, and said you were busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    Wasn't this "coming soon" in 2012? I love my friends, but I don't want to play a game with them EVERY TIME I LOG INTO BATTLE.NET. Sometimes I want to log on, do an BG, Dungeon or play a couple of hands of HS without every. single. person. knowing. How difficult can this be to implement? PLEASE add a privacy setting to the Battle.net login!
    So, you want to pretend a fake DC without faking DCing. You want Blizzard to give you the chance to lie to the people you pretend to be a friend, to do stuff on their back and do not get caught.
    You really think that is a priority to them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should it be a big deal if people know you're on? If you don't want to play with them, just tell them. It's not like it's hard to say "I don't have much time to play, I wanted to get a few things done before I had to leave"... What's so hard about saying something like that? Unless you're lying to someone and don't want to get caught, I really can't fathom why you'd want such an option.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    It doesn't bother me. What bothers me is childish whiny entitlement and refusal to accept personal responsibility. There's also this broadcast feature and a DND option. These do not work to get you some quiet time? If they can't respect your wish for occasional solitude, maybe these so-called friends shouldn't be on that list.
    Woah! Take a deep breath now and count to ten. As I said earlier, deleting my arena partners just because some of them are a bit overly social, is not a solution. And idk where you got this from "childish whiny entitlement and refusal to accept personal responsibility", I just said it would be an option I would find useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Or you could, you know, tell your friends politely you don't feel like playing with them right now.
    Hard right?
    I personally don't understand why anyone would add someone to battle.net when they apparently just want to dodge them.

- - - Updated - - -

Or rather why do you hang out with people who can't respect your wishes when you say "Not right now"?
    Personally I'd go with the "Sorry, busy right now" and if they keep bugging you, you just don't respond. You've given them an answer, and said you were busy.
    Unfortunately some people just don't quite get it when you reply "Sorry, I just feel like questing alone for a short while", and just keeps spamming you. Deleting them is not a solution either since I'm doing arena with them.

If I could find players with the right classes, skill, same gaming hours I have, who´s goal is the same as mine and who can accept a "sorry mate I just want to quest alone for a while", I would pick them, but unfortunately until now I haven't found those guys yet. Perhaps in time! Until then I'd love the option to (RARELY) just log on when I get home, shut of my brain and do some solo content without having to chat for 75% of the gaming time. I can't really see the issue with this being implemented.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Why should it be a big deal if people know you're on? If you don't want to play with them, just tell them. It's not like it's hard to say "I don't have much time to play, I wanted to get a few things done before I had to leave"... What's so hard about saying something like that?
    For me it´s not a problem if people knew I was online. It's also not a problem to say "I don't have much time to play, I wanted to get a few things done before I had to leave". I do that all the time. Unfortunately there are a lot of people I pvp with who just keeps spamming anyway. 9 times out of 10 I still want to play pvp with them though. Just not every single time I log on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Hard right?

- - - Updated - - -

If that was sufficient, I'd already be doing it. I find it really odd that anyone would be against a privacy setting since it's a basic part of literally every social tool.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Why should it be a big deal if people know you're on? If you don't want to play with them, just tell them. It's not like it's hard to say "I don't have much time to play, I wanted to get a few things done before I had to leave"... What's so hard about saying something like that? Unless you're lying to someone and don't want to get caught, I really can't fathom why you'd want such an option.
    If all people were the same, this would be sufficient. Unfortunately, some people I care a great deal about are very needy and while I enjoy playing with them a lot, there are simply times I want to play alone and they do not take it well. I can't just remove them from my list or cast them out as human beings. I think the reasoning here is very sound and logical.
    Last edited by Televators; 2014-06-11 at 07:04 PM.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Deleted

Today: LFD ruined our community!!
    Tomorrow: Invisible feature is ruining our community!!
    The only one acting childish is you. The request for privacy is perfectly OK. You should try turning off your mobile phone sometimes, it can really be a nice thing! Even when playing WoW/hs/whatever. I cant fathom why this bothers you so much that you are being degrading towards the people who want it.

I have good friends in my real life, who sometimes arent very good at respecting my privacy. So i turn off my phone, and i would like to be able to do that on battlenet aswell. Yet they are my friends still. I really cant see how this is such a big problem for you. Clearly a lot of people want this feature, so many that blzizard is in fact implementing it. So why dont YOU stop whining you child

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    So, you want to pretend a fake DC without faking DCing. You want Blizzard to give you the chance to lie to the people you pretend to be a friend, to do stuff on their back and do not get caught.
    You really think that is a priority to them?
    What? i dont even....
    Why dont yo ugo back to area54 and put on your tinfoil hat

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    I like that it's not an option. I don't have a lot of friends on bnet, infact only one besides my girlfriend who talks to me. So it doesn't effect me per say but I like knowing when she's around. She has a tendency to get very secluded when she stresses out and being long distance away from her, I like knowing what she's doing. Just to keep tabs to make sure she's doing something besides dwell on it, which she is very known for doing. I'm afraid if that option was in place she's turn it off and I'd have no idea what she's doing.
    You really need to talk to a professional about this.

And you're not the only one from this thread, apparently. Scary.

I would like this feature very much, but to be fair to everyone on both sides of the friends list, it should be a true Invisible. They can't see/whisper/invite you or anything similar, but you can't do any of that to them either You also wouldn't show up in guild lists or be able to see guild chat etc. That way it can't be used to stalk anyone on your friend list or anything like that. It's basically just cut you off from social interaction besides directly talking to them in /s.

I imagine part of the problem with implementing it is not just multiple games being involved, but also achievement spam showing up as well. What if you got an achievement of any sort or looted a purple item while you were Invisible? What if it wasn't just a personal achievement but a guild achievement? The game would have to store that data accurately, but not show it until you changed your Invisible status, otherwise it would defeat the purpose of being Invisible in the first place.

In another MMO I played this option was available and I ran into a guy in my guild. He asked why I wasn't showing up in the guild list, I told him I just didn't want to deal with people that day, only wanted to do some mindless crafting. His response was something like: "Oh... one of those days huh? Gotcha. See ya man." And it wasn't a problem.

If someone on your friends list takes it as a personal insult or something, that's their problem. A problem they should learn to recognize and deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    So just tell them you don't want to do anything at that time <_<

10+ Year Old Account
    If you must hide the fact that you're playing from people on your Friends list maybe they shouldn't be on the list.
    I'd venture to say that most people don't want to remove their friends just because they want a couple hours without having to bother with social interaction. This position is really absurd. This is like telling parents who drop the kids off at grandma's for a weekend away that they might as well just give their kids up for adoption if they don't want to be around them. While a more extreme example, it's the same ridiculous argument.

No one functions that way, and suggesting they do as a "solution" to a completely reasonable situation (that being that they want to avoid interacting with people for a brief period of time) is over the top. Sure, they could end all their friendships, or stop playing Blizzard games, or buy a new secret account, or fake their death, or all sorts of other crazy things, but I think most people think that offline mode is a far more realistic, practical solution.

More options is never harmful. Even if an individual won't use this feature, I can't really think of a solid reason of denying it to the people that would.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Or just turn on offline mode and avoid saying that to 10 ppl >_>

Stop being anti-something just for the sake of being anti something. This brings nothing bad with it and plenty of ppl want it.

I could understand if they wanted to remove something or change something you like. But the hostility to something that has absolutely no effect on you if you choose not to use it? Why even oppose it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they get a lot of whispers from a lot of different people and would spend most of their time answering? Maybe they're focusing on something and don't want to respond to any whispers. Maybe they're playing Hardcore Torment VI and can't safely do so. There's a number of reasons why "/r sorry I'm busy maybe later" might be an inferior option to offline mode.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Stop being anti-something just for the sake of being anti something.
    What is easier? To just say "No", or to implement a feature for people who can't?

It's not about being anti-something. It's about asking Blizzard to devote their time and resources to implementing a feature that will help you deal with a problem that you are already adequately equipped to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Maybe they get a lot of whispers from a lot of different people and would spend most of their time answering? Maybe they're focusing on something and don't want to respond to any whispers. Maybe they're playing Hardcore Torment VI and can't safely do so. There's a number of reasons why "/r sorry I'm busy maybe later" might be an inferior option to offline mode.
    So set yourself to DnD? Say "I'm busy, will not be responding to messages for a while" in your broadcast or something?

Deleted
    Been doing that for idk how long. This is the result ---> Usually ends up with 20 minutes of me telling people that I just wanna quest solo for a while, and then eventually logging off without playing the game at all. And no I don't want to delete all my arena partners from my friends list.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be added and then a year later people will complain that it killed the world and the community is dead.

Deleted
    What is easier? To just say "No", or to implement a feature for people who can't?

It's not about being anti-something. It's about asking Blizzard to devote their time and resources to implementing a feature that will help you deal with a problem that you are already adequately equipped to handle.

So set yourself to DnD? Say "I'm busy, will not be responding to messages for a while" in your broadcast or something?
    Blizzard agrees and are allready doing this. Apparently the market is big enough for it.

its not that we CANT do this or that we arent equipped to doing it. Its simply a quality of life improvement. Apparently you dont understand the need for privacy sometimes, i promise you, when you get older, you will.

Its about not having to explain to someone why you would rather sit on your ass one night at home with wife while playing a game of HS or two then hanging out with your bud. Its as simple as that. If you dont get it, fair enough, but a lot of people do.

Sometimes people turn off their phone and thats ok. Same sht

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    This will be added and then a year later people will complain that it killed the world and the community is dead.
    People, or you?