Healing Offspec, and Gear

I have a nearly full pride spriest, and was wondering if I wanted to fool around with healing in random BGs would it be best for me to just do so in my full pride shadow set, purchase a full griev set for holy, or mix them together with say just for four piece holy gear for the set bonus with the rest pride and probably switch out the trinkets?

I've never really though about this, I suppose it could be a generic question also for druids, shamans, paladins, etc.

Pallies use different stats to heal then they do for ret/prot so obviously no for them. Priest you can you will have set bonuses that help little or not at all and too much or not enough of other stats. Highest item lvl isn't always the best item.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a near full Prideful set, you could wait until you have full Prideful and then purchase offspec Prideful stuff with honor, as those vendors unlock when you accomplish this.
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    If you have a near full Prideful set, you could wait until you have full Prideful and then purchase offspec Prideful stuff with honor, as those vendors unlock when you accomplish this.
    This!

When you get 27k conquest you can start to buy Prideful gear with honor via one of the 4 NPC's. The last NPC is for transmog gear and unlocked at I believe 2k rating.

Personally my druid has nearly 3 full sets. I dont like to cross my sets because in the end it cost more gold to gem/reforge. As far as I know shadow stats and holy stats are nearly the opposite

Holy - Intellect > Spirit(tell comfort level) > Mastery > Haste > Crit
    Shadow - Hit/spirit 6%> Intellect > Haste > Crit > Mastery

All this reminds me of how excited I am for the gear changes in WoD. No more more bags full of 4 different sets. 3pvp/1pve