Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Palace of Lei Shen treasure scenario

Just thought I would mention this and see what other folks are doing.

I still (mostly) faithfully collect keys, and run the treasure scenario in bunches. In general I just try to mostly clean out the first room.

I just did 5 runs on one of my characters and came up with the following:

2104 gold including some vendor grays
    12 Greater Sunreaver Onslaught Insignia
    8 Sunreaver Onslaught Insignia
    7 x DE greens, vendor price ~100g
    2 x troll transmog greens, AH sale price 780g
    13 Spirit of Harmony (2 x Spirit of Harmony + 110 Mote of Harmony)
    8 Great Pandaren Banquet, AH sale price ~140g
    11 Shanze Ritual Stone, vendor price 220g

Not bad for 45 minutes of "work" really. I would say this is pretty typical although the amount of Harmony may be a little high.

At higher gear I found more gold, keys, and filled my Elder Charms by taking the right side of the first room and basically racing to the last room while getting every big chest I see. Maybe it was more. Seemed like it. Didn't really keep track of anything, sorry. And Disengage out of combat is soooo nice for this. Hunter ftw. Can really get to those hard to reach spots and over walls and gates for the extra chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    At higher gear I found more gold, keys, and filled my Elder Charms by taking the right side of the first room and basically racing to the last room while getting every big chest I see. Maybe it was more. Seemed like it. Didn't really keep track of anything, sorry. And Disengage out of combat is soooo nice for this. Hunter ftw. Can really get to those hard to reach spots and over walls and gates for the extra chests.
    I am curious whether it is more lucrative to proceed to the later rooms/the end, so I would be interested to see, if someone could post the average/total of a few runs using a different strategy (or strategies).

In general I've always easily gotten 12-20 Elder Charms from the first room so that's not an issue one way or another. Usually only one or two trove keys, sometimes zero, rarely as many as five, even seven.

I pick up the chests in the first section of the room on the left (like on top and around the first big platform on the left), then clear out the right side of the room while grabbing any of the gold chests in the middle. I finish out the first room by cleaning up any easy-to-reach chests on the left around the exit to the room. I grab the chests on the left side of the transition room and usually enter the last room with about a minute to spare. I try to pick up as many golden chests in the second room as I can while grabbing any of the normal chests that I happen to pass.

I usually net over 500g and almost always 20 elder charms after turning in burial keys (can't remember a run where I didn't cap charms or get at least 450 gold). I haven't run this on over-geared characters very much because I don't need the gold, but I do it on new 90s before I run T14 LFRs to stock up on the charms. Having the bonus rolls for those LFR runs while you get your sigils really adds up (16 rolls with an average around 35g per roll, and maybe a couple pieces of usable gear).

If you're not going to use the bonus coins you can turn 15 in for an arcane trove. Not nearly as valuable, but still a decent payoff if you happen to be sitting on some palace keys (I had 10 saved up on one toon and walked away with about 8k gold after clearing all of the achievements for the scenario with them).

If you're one of those people who is always strapped for cash, doing this weekly would probably significantly help your income. Pays at least as well, for time invested, as profession cooldowns.
    Last edited by Adhemar; 2014-06-14 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    In general I just try to mostly clean out the first room.
    Golden Chests have a much larger chance to drop burial keys, which net you about 20-90 gold per + transmog items which sell for ~400-2000g.

There is a few patterns for the Golden Chests (and they'll always be the same), eventually you'll memorize it and come up with a route that works for you.

You are guaranteed three keys: one from the saurok in circle room, one from the boss at end, one from talking to the panda at the end to exit the scenario. The goal is to open as many golden chests as possible while still getting the guaranteed three. The key, box, and sleeping dust items for sale are your biggest friends.

Source: I do troves 6 times a week across 2 characters (12 runs total) and net ~700-900g per run.

Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    Golden Chests have a much larger chance to drop burial keys, which net you about 20-90 gold per + transmog items which sell for ~400-2000g.

There is a few patterns for the Golden Chests (and they'll always be the same), eventually you'll memorize it and come up with a route that works for you.

You are guaranteed three keys: one from the saurok in circle room, one from the boss at end, one from talking to the panda at the end to exit the scenario. The goal is to open as many golden chests as possible while still getting the guaranteed three. The key, box, and sleeping dust items for sale are your biggest friends.

Source: I do troves 6 times a week across 2 characters (12 runs total) and net ~700-900g per run.
    How are you getting 6 scenario keys per week ...?

1) find gold chest on isle but dont loot it
    2) kill a rare, dont loot its key
    3) kill as many rares as you can in < 15 minutes, dont loot their keys
    4) go open the golden chest and take the key
    5) go loot all of the keys

1) find gold chest on isle but dont loot it
    2) kill a rare, dont loot its key
    3) kill as many rares as you can in < 15 minutes, dont loot their keys
    4) go open the golden chest and take the key
    5) go loot all of the keys
    I don't think that adds up to 6, but it might add up to 3.

there's 11 rares on the island that drop keys doubt me if you'd like, just trying to offer advice for you
    Last edited by mercychan; 2014-06-14 at 08:33 AM. Reason: 11 not 10

there's 11 rares on the island that drop keys doubt me if you'd like, just trying to offer advice for you
    Yeah but it takes quite a while to travel between them.

I just got 4 keys from 4 rares + 1 chest in around 12 minutes, but even on my medium-pop server it would be unusual for all the rares to be up at other than 3AM. Often, none or just 1 or 2 are up, not counting ones that are just too far out of the way like Progenitus. In my case half the rares in the northern part of the island were up, along with Skyclaw.

So I tried a run on my Hunter today.

14-16ish large chests opened, idk about small chests..

4 trove keys
    3 green transmogs that are on the AH for ~2k for all of them
    450g from gold alone, probably towards 600 after vendoring stuff.
    3 of those summoning stones
    2 spirits of harmony + 3 motes
    some of those paper things (for rep) that i sold off for about 20g

I only do the solo scenario nowadays to fill up elder charms again. Think I'm sitting on 100+ burial trove keys amongst all my characters.

What are these green transmog items that sell for thousands?

Quote Originally Posted by Pane34 View Post
    I think he means the Zul Aman gear lookalikes, heavily troll-themed and quite distinctive in appearance, a rarity in non-tier gear since Wrath...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I think he means the Zul Aman gear lookalikes, heavily troll-themed and quite distinctive in appearance, a rarity in non-tier gear since Wrath...
    Yeah, those come fairly frequently (maybe 25-33%) from the chests at the end of the scenario. They are also similarly likely to drop from the Shanze ritual stone bosses. The ZA-alikes go for 100-500g+, depending.

The three staves in particular are awesome but quite rare.

You, sir, are the Palace of Lei Shen Champion. I didn't realize those greens would sell for transmog, thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Pane34 View Post
    You get A LOT of greens from the chests at the end. Most of them look like ass, but some of the weapons/helms/shoulders look alright. They don't sell for thousands, the best looking weapon I sold for ~2k, but nothing ever less than ~400 or 500.

Shit I've been vendoring those greens, didn't even think. >.<

But ye I farmed a key a week on 6 chars for the last few months and just started doing some of the runs two days ago, had about 80 keys total, got about 35 left now, earning around 700-1000g per run when adding up all the harmony motes values, the burial troves and the arcane trove at the end. Can prolly earn a lot more even now I remember about those damn greens. >.<
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I probably should have bought up those greens when it was still current content, to flip