Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azhil View Post
    What happens on 4th of july?
    How about parades for various national pride days?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    When you're fighting for full equality, it's probably in your best interest to represent yourself and your community in the most positive way possible.
    Homophobes concern trolling the gay community is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You ask me a question, I answer it and now you are trying to go around the main issue we discussed earlier...don't ask questions if you don't want an answer to them.

Anyway, I'm of to bed...just noticed it's 04.15 O.o
    I followed up because I doubt your consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    When you're fighting for full equality, it's probably in your best interest to represent yourself and your community in the most positive way possible.
    You're under the assumption that the detractors are rational and/or reasonable. Hint; they wouldn't be as prejudicial if they were.

edit; Man I really have to stop pressing "Reply with Quote" instead of "Edit"
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2014-06-14 at 02:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever. You'll never convince me to be in favor of such parades.
    If you don't like them, just don't attend them.

Problem solved. There's a lot of parades I don't attend, for similar reasons. That doesn't mean I think that parades I have no interest in should be shut down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    How about parades for various national pride days?
    They're stupid. There's nothing to be proud of in regards to nationality.

10+ Year Old Account

But its ok to be proud of sports teams?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever. You'll never convince me to be in favor of such parades.
    Noone cares. Noone wants to.

Stop making the subject about something it isn't.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I don't care much whether someone is homosexual, bisexual or heterosexual. I think it's stupid having a parade over your sexual orientation on the other hand, no matter what orientation it is.
    I couldn't agree more. I always saw sexual preference as a private matter that should be a matter between two lovers, not the entire damn city.

I guarantee if the situation was reversed and it was a homosexual officers requesting reassignment because he was feeling uncomfortable as a homosexual, the department would be tripping over themselves to accommodate or risk being broadsided by the media. That is sadly the double standard of the western word.

And if only there was no such thing as homophobia and heteronormatism, such parades would be unnecessary.
    I am perplexed how making a public nuisance is some sort of crusade against homophobia or anything else for that matter. If I was hardcore homophobic, how exactly would literally parading around in my face magically make me more tolerant towards anything, let alone that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then dont attend them. Just like I change the channel when a show comes on I dont like. It really is that simple unless you live right on a parade route.

So here's what I'm getting from you.

Celebrating that a sports team you like won a game with zero input from you: ok
    Celebrating the formation of your nation: not ok
    Celebrating an identity with a history of persecution: not ok.

Deleted
    Yes? They actually do something they can be proud of. Belonging to a certain nationality isn't an achievment.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    I am perplexed how making a public nuisance is some sort of crusade against homophobia or anything else for that matter. If I was hardcore homophobic, how exactly would literally parading around in my face magically make me more tolerant towards anything, let alone that?
    Pride isn't for homophobes. Its for gay people. Exposure does help sway people who are on the fence though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    How did you take approval for committing a crime out my post?
    You were trying to isolate the two events from each other. There is no crime in this incident if they had been isolated from the get-go.

The person's property being vandalized is directly linked to said people being "Gay and proud", as if he had agreed with that opinion, he would not have been vandalized.

That is not to suggest that being gay makes you prone to vandalism, that's retarded. It does however qualify this as a hate crime.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes? They actually do something they can be proud of. Belonging to a certain nationality isn't an achievment.
    the achievements of others isnt a personal achievement either.

Seems legit.

I really hope he gets his job back. Why? Because we need to start having public services like police and fire, decline their jobs, EVEN THO it can be illegal to do it, because of people being gay, black, white, muslim, jews, your net worth or credit score.
    That is what is going to make society better rite there.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    It won't. It isn't meant to.

It's meant to demonstrate that gay people are part of the community, and proud of their identity. Saying they should live in fear and shame and hide themselves away is exactly the kind of homophobia the parades attack.

They might not convince you.

They've been pretty successful at convincing your kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Screw it! GENN GREYMANE PARADE NOW!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is when you contribute to the things that made your nation successful/great to begin with.

Do you know what they call people who have no pride in anything?
    They don't' call them anything, as there is no point in naming something that has no value.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Pride isn't for homophobes. Its for gay people. Exposure does help sway people who are on the fence though.
    That is kind of a misnomer there.
    PRIDE is for everyone. Allies, Trannies, Queers, .. everyone too. Tons of heterosexuals make up our parades.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.