Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Those of you flaming long-time druids for being annoyed at the removal of our class versatility, must not have been playing a Druid very long or perhaps don't main one at all. It's not about being better than anyone else, it's about being unique. Some of you must never have known the fun of soloing the big elites back in the day like the worm in Eastern Plaguelands, where it took all of our class's abilities to stay alive long enough to bring it down. Or the pride that comes from being the one who shifted out of form and saved the group from a wipe through the clever use of non-form specific class abilities. The Druid class was once so much more than it has become and it's sad that so many openly embrace this new direction for the class and lash out at those of us who remember when being a hybrid meant more than being just a watered down version of the other classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    Why should your class be the ONLY one in WoW that does not have this happen to them? Seriously?
    None of the hybrids should have had their versatility stripped away. All Hybrids used to be able to do more than what they were specialized in but they have gone and made specs so strict so appease the pures that now there are no true hybrids anymore. Blizz really needs to get with the times and give the pures a spec for another role and stop punishing the hybrids already.

I will miss my little barkskin was always great for that minor dmg. the lifebloom change looks like a good QoL change tho much easier to get it rolling.

Blizzard doubled our healthpools to slow how quickly we die in all facets of the game. This diminishes Barkskin's value. The following bares repeating. You will survive things like stunlocks better in the WoD meta than you would in the current one where you have barkskin to use.

Quote Originally Posted by hullaballoonatic View Post
    Blizzard doubled our healthpools to slow how quickly we die in all facets of the game. This diminishes Barkskin's value. The following bares repeating. You will survive things like stunlocks better in the WoD meta than you would in the current one where you have barkskin to use.
    You'll forgive people for being a little pessimistic when the same thing has been said for the past two expansions now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I'm sorry, but do you even play a Druid at 90? Of all the classes in the game, Druid has NEVER been one I would have described as having high ability bloat. Every form has its own action bar and abilities have always been form specific. Now if you want to see true button bloat, check out Warlocks and Warriors...(no, I am not advocating the removal of buttons for either class before someone flames me for it. I am not a fan of 90% of the ability pruning I've seen so far)
    - warlock has one of the lowest ability bloat and key bindings...?

- have you ever pvp'd on a druid? They all have a rediculas amout of non form abilities.

- pvp balance Druid has the most keybindings it's beyond a joke

The fact that your disputing me on this is rediculus

Btw pvp requires using more abilities and more key bindings then pve

- - - Updated - - -

Those of you flaming long-time druids for being annoyed at the removal of our class versatility, must not have been playing a Druid very long or perhaps don't main one at all. It's not about being better than anyone else, it's about being unique. Some of you must never have known the fun of soloing the big elites back in the day like the worm in Eastern Plaguelands, where it took all of our class's abilities to stay alive long enough to bring it down. Or the pride that comes from being the one who shifted out of form and saved the group from a wipe through the clever use of non-form specific class abilities. The Druid class was once so much more than it has become and it's sad that so many openly embrace this new direction for the class and lash out at those of us who remember when being a hybrid meant more than being just a watered down version of the other classes.
    others of us prefer to evaluate these changes with regard to the current/upcoming form of the game

the game was a lot different 3 to 4 expansions ago, I can also remember ccing 2 mobs, killing 1, shifting, healing ect.

- I will still be able to hotw wrath/moonfire in raids and cm's as Resto
    - I will still be able to tank in pvp and pve as a feral druid
    - you can still hotw cat when off tanking as bear
    - you will still pump out a heap of heals for yourself and teamates as dps in pvp

Druid was also gimped at its primary roll because of hybrid tax in those days your nestalgic about
    Druid is lot more fun now then in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Enok View Post

- have you ever pvp'd on a druid? They all have a rediculas amout of non form abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

others of us prefer to evaluate these changes with regard to the current/upcoming form of the game

the game was a lot different 3 to 4 expansions ago, I can also remember ccing 2 mobs, killing 1, shifting, healing ect.

- you will still pump out a heap of heals for yourself and teamates as dps in pvp

Druid was also gimped at its primary roll because of hybrid tax in those days your nestalgic about
    You misunderstood me, I said "If you want to see true ability bloat, look at Warlocks and Warriors". Meaning, those two classes have a lot of ability bloat imo. And no, I have not seriously pvp'd since TBC but an overabundance of buttons to push in pvp is not a reason to screw those of us who like having the option to use them in pve.

Druid was gimped at dps in vanilla. After the druid class review, patch 1.8, healing and tanking was not gimped. And every xpack after vanilla, the dps specs became better too. Druid was a lot more fun when choosing a spec didn't mean losing access to the rest of the class. Druid stopped being fun in MoP and will be less fun in WoD.

Deleted
    Regarding the travel form pruning; can't we just create 3 separate
    /cast *insert form*
    macros and put them in the action bars to keep the same functionality?

You misunderstood me, I said "If you want to see true ability bloat, look at Warlocks and Warriors". Meaning, those two classes have a lot of ability bloat imo. And no, I have not seriously pvp'd since TBC but an overabundance of buttons to push in pvp is not a reason to screw those of us who like having the option to use them in pve.
    Sorry I worded wrong.

My Statement: warlock have the lowest ability bloat.
    ??? How could you possibly think it's high?

Abilities required for keybindings in primary role in pvp (excluding wrath/moonfire, bear abilities for feral ect)

- balance ~33 + (5-6 talent)
    - feral ~ 34
    - Resto ~ 29

- aff lock ~ 24 + (3-4 talent)
    - destro ~ 22

- arms warrior ~ 26 + (2-3 talent)
    - fury ~ 24

Feral/balance has ~40% more abilities to bind over lock/warrior.

You are saying lock warrior have hight bloat, wtf does that make druid?

I can appreciate a little bit more complexity in a class via some more abilities, but feral Druid having ~50% more abilities to bind then a desto lock is absurd. (Excluding wrath, moonfire, rez, bres and all bear abilities)

Tldr;
    You're opinion is blatantly wrong, Druids have significantly higher ability bloat then warlocks and warriors.

Druids are in dire need of ability pruning/merging

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Regarding the travel form pruning; can't we just create 3 separate macros and put them in the action bars to keep the same functionality?
    If they keep the actual spells available to players to macro then yes. If they protect them, for whatever reason, then no :<

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Regarding the travel form pruning; can't we just create 3 separate macros and put them in the action bars to keep the same functionality?
    Wont work because the separate forms won't be in our book, they are taking them out and putting in a All In One spell

I am so disappointed by how often I see this argument. Using hibernate in the current meta is not a choice; it is an obligation. If you don't use hibernate in pvp, you are bad. So, someone who doesn't want to be bad but also dislikes using hibernate would advocate for its removal. I feel like this is the crucial understanding that you're missing which constantly leads you to call other people "selfish."
    And I'm disappointed how often I see this argument. Yes it is a choice, that you choose not to make it is your problem. The game and skill cap shouldn't be lowered just because some people have trouble using hibernate - in pvp, since you gave that example. Who cares if you don't like using a spell. Are you supposed to love every single spell that you have? I'm really concerned with thoughts like this because it doesn't seem to come from a person that should be playing a druid at all. If you don't want to be bad, learn how to use the tools given instead of having an ability removed and depriving others of it. That's the very definition of selfish. I feel sorry that you can't understand that.

Healthpools are getting doubled. Blizzard is actively working to slow pvp burst. This is a better meta for surviving stunlocks than the current one in which you have barkskin.
    You're not wrong there, but it remains to be seen given that this promise has been made before on more than one occasion. Barkskin provides other valuable utility as well.

Here we go! I decided to also mark the abilities that aren't strictly cat moves (ergo hybridy), since the apparent destruction of druid hybrid nature is a major concern.
    • Wrath (hybrid)
    • Rejuvenation (hybrid)
    • Cat Form
    • Ferocious Bite
    • Shred
    • Prowl
    • Rake
    • Bear Form (hybrid)
    • Tiger's Fury
    • Revive (hybrid)
    • Teleport: Moonglade (hybrid)
    • Travel Form
    • Savage Roar
    • Rip
    • Remove Corruption (hybrid)
    • Swipe
    • Dash
    • Healing Touch (hybrid)
    • Faerie Fire (hybrid)
    • Thrash
    • Berserk (hybrid)
    • Rebirth (hybrid)
    • Survival Instincts (hybrid)
    • Soothe (hybrid)
    • Mark of the Wild (hybrid)
    • Skull Bash (hybrid)
    • Cyclone (hybrid)
    • Maim
    • Stampeding Roar (hybrid)
    This list does not include talents, items, racials, or abilities that cannot be cast from cat form (i.e. bearform abilities). I would not personally have revive bound(it would be macrod with rebirth) or teleport: moongalde bound, but this is still a healthy list.
    That's a decent list. If you have this many abilities bound (excluding revive, moonglade) it's not going to break the bank to have barkskin, roots, hibernate and moonfire (which you probably don't bind in feral, I'm guessing).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    At least as of the current WoD tooltip, its not castable stunned/feared etc.
    And that's a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

What's with all the hype over hibernate? Why would anyone care for its removal?

Hibernate is the most boring, mediocre, situational, un-iconic spell in the game.

- it is easily the first choice to sacrifice in the name of cc reduction
    - it has next to 0 use in current mop pve of any form.
    Raid cc, no
    Cm/dungeon cc, no
    Solo/quests, lol no (faceroll aoe), maybe if your in greens and pulling 2 elites and happeneds to be a beast or dragon
    - very situational in pvp (against feral/hunter)
    Removing hibernate makes feral more viable in arena
    Cc a hunters pet whist going for kill

The fact that it's been in the game since vanilla or that Druids in wailing caverns cast it does not make it iconic.

If I didn't pvp on my Druid I wouldn't even bother putting this ability on my bars.
    That's just your opinion on the spell. And you're wrong. Most of the druid community like it. It adds an element of skill to catch someone with it as well as try avoid it when it's being cast on you. It's not the first choice to be sacrificed in the name of cc reduction. I agree with removing it's instant-cast ability, but not the spell itself. It has use in pve whether you choose to or not. The game isn't only about your raids so stop trying to use that as an excuse. It really weakens your already flimsy argument.
    It's not 'very' situational in pvp. It is situational, but not enough to warrant removal. You also forgot an entire class - shaman. We're arguing to keep hibernate & scare beast despite playing Feral because we don't want the game to be 'faceroll' (i'm using some terminology you seem to understand) easy like you seem to want.
    I don't think you know what iconic is and I'm certain druid isn't the class for you. Please play a ret paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    Why should your class be the ONLY one in WoW that does not have this happen to them? Seriously?
    Not to mention, its hard as hell to balance a class with that many abilities, and in interest of fairness, you need to keep all of the classes balanced.
    We don't want any hybrids to lose many of their abilities that make sense keeping. Pruning bloat is another thing. Also, druids aren't hard. They're fun and challenging.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said. We can understand that certain things evolve in a game, but what we're asking to keep on is very minor in the scheme of things and won't hurt anyone. If you don't want to use a spell, just don't use it or don't bind it. Removing it is not the answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Subjective. Druid was fun then and it's fun now. In a different way. It will be less fun in WoD. I keep saying thoughtful ability pruning like merging ravage/shred/mangle into one is welcome. Outright removing skills is a bad move and I fear most druids won't like it.

Of course I have hibernate and moonfire bound. I use them both as they are intended. I just don't enjoy using hibernate, and I'd rather not be obligated to. I hope that makes sense.

You also just called someone's opinion wrong, and then went on to speak for the majority of the druid community again.

Either way, it's a silly argument. There is virtually zero chance that Blizzard will be giving back scare beast and hibernate since they recently commented on precisely why they removed it. Low and behold, it is for exactly the reasons that have been dictated in this thread: rarely used, and keybind obligation:

One of our primary goals for ability pruning is to clean out things you rarely use, but still want to have keybound. Scare Beast, Hibernate, etc are perfect examples of those sorts of abilities. They're rarely (if ever) used in PvE, and only really usable in extremely niche cases in PvP. But you still want it sitting on your action bar, and filling out one of your keybinds, for those rare occasions in which you actually do want to use it.
    Last edited by hullaballoonatic; 2014-06-18 at 04:03 AM.

Of course I have hibernate and moonfire bound. I use them both as they are intended. I just don't enjoy using hibernate, and I'd rather not be obligated to. I hope that makes sense.
    Fine. I can live with your reason for wanting it gone, however I will say that it's a terrible reason in my opinion and if blizzard does do it I suspect they're making a few people happy at the expense of a lot of unhappiness from the majority. Note that I'm stating my opinion, so please don't try to imply I'm speaking for anyone else. I am however making what I feel is a reasonable assumption based on the druid community. If you want you can conduct your own tests by asking around in-game or the forum, but obviously it's futile. If the results are in favour of my argument you'll claim that the sample size wasn't accurate, and vice versa.
    Given the amount of complaints I just feel that most druids & more than most older druid players will not like what's happening.

You also just called someone's opinion wrong, and then went on to speak for the majority of the druid community again.
    You took what I said out of context. Read the entire quote and reply. Perhaps it could have been worded better but I was addressing this ludicrous statement about hibernate being wrong.
    most boring, mediocre, situational, un-iconic spell in the game

If you disagree, I urge you to tell me why it is all of the things listed above.

Either way, it's a silly argument. There is virtually zero chance that Blizzard will be giving back scare beast and hibernate since they recently commented on precisely why they removed it. Low and behold, it is for exactly the reasons that have been dictated in this thread: rarely used, and keybind obligation:

One of our primary goals for ability pruning is to clean out things you rarely use, but still want to have keybound. Scare Beast, Hibernate, etc are perfect examples of those sorts of abilities. They're rarely (if ever) used in PvE, and only really usable in extremely niche cases in PvP. But you still want it sitting on your action bar, and filling out one of your keybinds, for those rare occasions in which you actually do want to use it.
    I wouldn't be so hasty. Blizzard reverted many changes based on player feedback. For e.g. Army of the Dead for DK's comes to mind. I would urge you not to discourage people from providing feedback to make changes for the better.

It seems like your intense hatred for hibernate is causing you to be confused about it's utility. It's useful in pve out in the world and in instances, both while leveling and at level cap. It's much more than 'extremely niche' in pvp as you have 3 entire classes you can use it on. It's a spell that should be kept, and you can continue to not use it.

I'm already aware of blizzards reasoning, and they're not always correct in assuming what players want. They make good assumptions in most cases, but if the community is vocal in voicing their dislike of a change it will be reverted, providing proper balance. And that's what we're going to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny how you chose to leave out this part of the quote:

It's important to remember that the point of ability pruning isn't to just get rid of spells for the sake of getting rid of spells. We want to free up action bar and keybind space. If we remove something that's kind of cool, but you wouldn't have bound (or maybe not even on your action bar), then all we've really done is removed something that's kind of cool. There is some value in clearing up extraneous stuff in the spellbook, but we don't want to remove anything fun to achieve that. Eagle Eye doesn't take up keybind or even action bar space for the vast majority of players, but it's still fun to use, even if you're just clicking on the icon in your spellbook to cast it.
    This is what some of us druids feel about hibernate/scare beast. They're removing something fun to achieve that, something they specifically say they don't intend to do. They literally mention that it doesn't have to be keybound for it to be a fun/cool spell, which implies it's situational use. Just read it again if you didn't follow.

The problem is that this is subjective and blizzard has made the decision for the players. So the players must speak up and have the change reverted. This is alpha so I'm confident that we'll be vocal and provide enough feedback to have a good chance at having it reverted. It will be good for the game for druids to keep those spells and I look forward to it.

I dont get blizzard idea of what button bloat is, as see for feral meeging removing abilities is use nonstop is weird, to manny button and want remove some fine but remove abilities you use a lot i dont get, like driving you car and just remove 2 of 4 wheels because hey 4 is to much...

Went pally back to druid but see all the button weird changed might as wel go back to pally

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    That's just your opinion on the spell. And you're wrong. Most of the druid community like it. It adds an element of skill to catch someone with it as well as try avoid it when it's being cast on you. It's not the first choice to be sacrificed in the name of cc reduction. I agree with removing it's instant-cast ability, but not the spell itself. It has use in pve whether you choose to or not. The game isn't only about your raids so stop trying to use that as an excuse. It really weakens your already flimsy argument.
    It's not 'very' situational in pvp. It is situational, but not enough to warrant removal. You also forgot an entire class - shaman. We're arguing to keep hibernate & scare beast despite playing Feral because we don't want the game to be 'faceroll' (i'm using some terminology you seem to understand) easy like you seem to want.
    I don't think you know what iconic is and I'm certain druid isn't the class for you. Please play a ret paladin.
    Stop trying to speak for the Druid community. You are the only person in the wow community I have met in 8 years of playing wow that likes or cares for hibernate.

You are significantly over exaggerating its usefulness. Fair go mate, I talked about more then just raiding.

Pve
    - Raiding - there are no bosses in mop that have adds that NEED to be cc'd by hibernate.
    - Dungeon/Cm's - no cc required in heroics, no single target cc required in gold cm runs. Maybe you could find use for it in a bronze cm run.
    - Questing/Solo - I have 'loremaster of pandaria' achievement on my druid. I have not NEEDED to use hibernate once whilst leveling or questing.

There is currently next to 0 NEED to use it in pve, sure I could go hibernate every second world/raid/dungeon mob I see, but I don't NEED to. Just kill or fly/stealth past.

Pvp
    Useful against 1/11 classes, 1 classes pets, ghost wolf? Damn you must be pro.
    If this isn't situational?? Seriously go find a more situational pvp ability (that must be key bound).

Blizzard themselves have stated its extremely situational in both pvp and pvp.
    They hit the nail directly on the head for the reason why most Druids will be happy to see it go. We are forced to key bind it but barely ever use it. Having to keybind an ability we rarely use is annoying.

You are portraying hibernate as an iconic, universally loved, useful spell, and that it's removal is a travesty. If you were talking about cyclone I would agree with you but seriously, hibernate?

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Well said. We can understand that certain things evolve in a game, but what we're asking to keep on is very minor in the scheme of things and won't hurt anyone. If you don't want to use a spell, just don't use it or don't bind it. Removing it is not the answer.
    You are correct.
    Ie: moonfire as feral, I don't want/need to use it, so I don't bind it, easy, no problem. However;
    Hibernate, I very rarely need to use it in pvp, therefore I must bind it. I'm stuck with an extra key binding for an ability I use 5% of the time. I'd be happy for it to stay if I didn't NEED to keybind it.
    Last edited by Enok; 2014-06-18 at 06:32 AM.

Stop trying to speak for the Druid community. You are the only person in the wow community I have met in 8 years of playing wow that likes or cares for hibernate.
    I clearly stated that it's my opinion even though I feel that the druid community wouldn't like it. I can say what I want to whether you agree or not. Perhaps you shouldn't skip parts of my post. Also, that's a bold claim considering the people in this thread and official forums that support my point of view. Furthermore, anecdotal evidence that can't be confirmed doesn't mean a thing. Heck, I'd say you and that other guy in this thread are the only people I've met that would want to remove hibernate or any other iconic class ability for no reason.

You are significantly over exaggerating its usefulness.
    In your opinion, sure. I actually find it more useful than you do.

Fair go mate, I talked about more then just raiding.

Pve
    - Raiding - there are no bosses in mop that have adds that NEED to be cc'd by hibernate.
    - Dungeon/Cm's - no cc required in heroics, no single target cc required in gold cm runs. Maybe you could find use for it in a bronze cm run.
    - Questing/Solo - I have 'loremaster of pandaria' achievement on my druid. I have not NEEDED to use hibernate once whilst leveling or questing.

There is currently next to 0 NEED to use it in pve, sure I could go hibernate every second world/raid/dungeon mob I see, but I don't NEED to. Just kill or fly/stealth past.
    I disagree. Once again that's just your point of view. I don't care what achievements you have, I have wanted to / needed to hibernate mobs while questing and leveling. I can see you don't want the spell on your bar. Why? Is it too hard to have another ability on there?

Pvp
    Useful against 1/11 classes, 1 classes pets, ghost wolf? Damn you must be pro.
    If this isn't situational?? Seriously go find a more situational pvp ability (that must be key bound).
    Thanks. I don't consider myself pro but perhaps if you knew when and how to use it and did enough pvp you would be 'pro' too.
    Blizzard themselves have stated its extremely situational in both pvp and pvp.
    They hit the nail directly on the head for the reason why most Druids will be happy to see it go. We are forced to key bind it but barely ever use it. Having to keybind an ability we rarely use is annoying.
    This is what you can't seem to get through your head. You're not forced to keybind it. Who's forcing you to keybind it? Is blizzard holding a gun to your head? Since you obviously missed it, read it again:

It's important to remember that the point of ability pruning isn't to just get rid of spells for the sake of getting rid of spells. We want to free up action bar and keybind space. If we remove something that's kind of cool, but you wouldn't have bound (or maybe not even on your action bar), then all we've really done is removed something that's kind of cool. There is some value in clearing up extraneous stuff in the spellbook, but we don't want to remove anything fun to achieve that. Eagle Eye doesn't take up keybind or even action bar space for the vast majority of players, but it's still fun to use, even if you're just clicking on the icon in your spellbook to cast it.
    What's 'kind of cool' here is subjective. Eagle Eye has even less situational 'use' unlike Hibernate, yet it stays because it's a flavour spell. Blizzard is on the right track, but they just have some of the wrong spells lumped in and that will be corrected.

You are portraying hibernate as an iconic, universally loved, useful spell, and that it's removal is a travesty. If you were talking about cyclone I would agree with you but seriously, hibernate?
    Yes. You disagree? That's fine, but stop speaking for everyone else. Let's just say you as one person disagree and I as another agree. Don't drag anyone else into it, but as we get more vocal towards the beta I hope you take a look at the forums here and official forums. You might be surprised, or perhaps you're worried that you'll have one less free bind.

You are correct.
    Ie: moonfire as feral, I don't want/need to use it, so I don't bind it, easy, no problem. However;
    Hibernate, I very rarely need to use it in pvp, therefore I must bind it. I'm stuck with an extra key binding for an ability I use 5% of the time. I'd be happy for it to stay if I didn't NEED to keybind it.
    Nope. You don't need to keybind it. You choose to or you choose not to. So don't use it. Stop being selfish.

What I find funny is this:

Hunter loses Scare Beast, yay, they deserve it

Druid loses Hibernate, OMG, that can´t be!!!!

Are we special snowflakes? Hunters didn´t lose something that meant fun/lore skills too?

Also, stop beating the dead horse already, travel form chooses the form for you, use the minor glyph and have access to the Stag Form if you want so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Soultrigger View Post
    What I find funny is this:
    Hunter loses Scare Beast, yay, they deserve it
    Druid loses Hibernate, OMG, that can´t be!!!!
    Are we special snowflakes? Hunters didn´t lose something that meant fun/lore skills too?
    Also, stop beating the dead horse already, travel form chooses the form for you, use the minor glyph and have access to the Stag Form if you want so much.
    That is funny considering I want scare beast to stay as well. Actually you're not that funny, just not observant.
    You definitely aren't a special anything, i can tell you that. You can be quiet if you want.

If you get so upset by druids taking a stance against some of the changes listed above including the travel form change, I have a solution for you: stay out of the thread.

Deleted
    That statement isn't actually correct. At the moment we have resilience to reduce damage from other players. The intention WoD is to try and remove resilience altogether, hence having health pools doubled. In theory we will take exactly the same (proportionally) amount of damage in stun lock situations, perhaps even a bit more.

Hibernate isn't a fun interesting ability that doesn't have to be bound, though. If nothing else, it at least has to be bound, so it doesn't really have anything to do with the second paragraph.

The bonkers thing is the removal of lacerate and moonfire, neither of which have anything to do with button bloat, and seems to contradict that second paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    The intention WoD is to try and remove resilience altogether, hence having health pools doubled.
    They're just removing base resilience. Resilience on pvp gear will still exist. Meanwhile pvp power won't exist.
    Last edited by hullaballoonatic; 2014-06-18 at 02:40 PM.