Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People have been insulting Ed Woodward since last year, he's completely incompetent. Any of the deals he's made so far are merely to meet asking price and throw money at them. He has zero business sense in terms of signing players. He's a banker, he can get sponsors and new pies at the stadium.

Woop-de-f##kin-do.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    People have been insulting Ed Woodward since last year, he's completely incompetent. Any of the deals he's made so far are merely to meet asking price and throw money at them. He has zero business sense in terms of signing players. He's a banker, he can get sponsors and new pies at the stadium.

Woop-de-f##kin-do.
    I don't know if signing Benatia has got to do with business sense in terms of signing players.
    I mean , i'm sure we would sell him if our asking price was met (sadly) , maybe the rest of the management thinks 35m is too much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk going around now is that Munich is likely to sign him instead. I've wish I could be a fly on the wall on Ed's office at times, and just see what the hell he's trying to do.

Well unless he is really pining to play in the EPL, I'd think going to Bayern would be a no brainer (assuming that he would leave of course)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nani to Sporting, Rojo to United.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well unless he is really pining to play in the EPL, I'd think going to Bayern would be a no brainer (assuming that he would leave of course)
    I really hope he doesn't leave...
    Benatia is our best player , at least in the defense , him and De Rossi were fundamental in us keeping that many clean sheets and conceding so little goals .
    If we were to sell him now and replace him with ANYONE else who is on the market atm would dampen our hopes for the league title so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Nani is gone permanently, not just on a loan. Which is great business, because it's offloading excess midfielders we've simply no use for.

Ashley Young seems to have lost his pre-season form (told you he only plays well when his arse is on the line) and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on the run in to deadline day.

Of course, that requires United signing a couple more players, Woodward cannot think his job is done now.

10+ Year Old Account
    United have confirmed on their official site now that they have reached an agreement with Sporting about Rojo now. Just his personal contract remaining.

I gotta be honest i dont really know much about this guy.... Anyone know how good he is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Nani is gone permanently, not just on a loan. Which is great business, because it's offloading excess midfielders we've simply no use for.

Ashley Young seems to have lost his pre-season form (told you he only plays well when his arse is on the line) and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on the run in to deadline day.

Of course, that requires United signing a couple more players, Woodward cannot think his job is done now.
    2 weeks, I hope he knows what he's doing.

Who am I kidding
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    I gotta be honest i dont really know much about this guy.... Anyone know how good he is?
    He made Opta stats' World cup XI at left back. Honestly, he can play as LWB or CB in the 3-5-2 system. Good addition, especially with Shaw out.

And Norg, miracles can happen. Though I expect Woodward to get fired this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well lets hope he gets to play as the left centreback and Shaw can handle the left wing. Would be nice

Apparently Stoke City wanted Nathan Redmond and matched our asking price, but we decided not to sell. Good decision.

united should buy some wingbacks if they want to play that system, evra and rafael could have played there, what happened to rafael anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Barcelona's appeal rejected, and will be banned from transfers for the next 2 transfer windows.

Bit late like, but ah well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    united should buy some wingbacks if they want to play that system, evra and rafael could have played there, what happened to rafael anyway?
    Rafael is still there, but he got injured during the preseason and he is back now again. Pretty sure Shaw can handle the left side as well if he gets his fitness up (according to van Gaal hes not fit enough yet).

15+ Year Old Account
    Barcelona's appeal rejected, and will be banned from transfers for the next 2 transfer windows.

Not late at all i just came on the news like 15 min ago :P
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaw as your LWB, and Januzaj as RWB covers that, you've a central three of Rojo/Jones and then Rafael/Smalling/Evans. Honestly for the sake of depth and injury cover United need another CB, as well as a box to box midfielder. Carrick is unreliable and Fletcher might not reach the levels he use to play before illness (when he was younger.)

It won't win the EPL this season, but that's a squad that will get into ECL football, and you can build on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Not late at all i just came on the news like 15 min ago :P
    I meant they've signed people this window, had the appeal gone through sooner they could have been stopped this window. Didn't mean that I was late reporting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaw as your LWB, and Januzaj as RWB covers that, you've a central three of Rojo/Jones and then Rafael/Smalling/Evans. Honestly for the sake of depth and injury cover United need another CB, as well as a box to box midfielder. Carrick is unreliable and Fletcher might not reach the levels he use to play before illness (when he was younger.)

It won't win the EPL this season, but that's a squad that will get into ECL football, and you can build on.

Would be perfect if we could get Benatia and Strootman from Roma! Think those 2 players are exactly what United needs right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolute no to Strootman. Man's just had a cruciate ligament injury. Might not even be back to form before 2015. January window target? Possibly, but not a summer signing.

Deleted

Pretty funny, they sign all the players they want then the ban gets upheld. See you next transfer window for more appeals.