Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryam View Post
    The ratio of smart women to smart men is growing. For instance, my graduating class at UCLA yesterday was more than 60% female.
    Yeah I've seen some sources say a couple of times that that's the way it seems in the west. Here it's the case early on, but numbers even out later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    Misleading title all in all. You did forget the keyword "prison".
    I was about to say that that was surprising to read, until the whole prison thing, then I wasn't so surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    This isn't any kind of argument. What about people who get married but don't have kids? What about people who get married but don't have enough kids? What about lesbians who get married and conceive babies anyways through sperm donors. What about gays who adopt? Terrible argument.

Shunned as they rightfully should be, fucking bigots that they are.

This is just a rehash of the same stuff above. Accepting gays =/= human extinction, not by a damn sight. Reproduction honestly has nothing to do with anything here. That you would even try and twist it into being a consideration is just a poor, thinly-veiled attempt at rationalizing homophobia.

Good for gays, then. Glad to hear intolerance toward bigotry is growing.
    You were bringing up good arguments until you decided to pretty much address every single point with your intolerance towards those that don't tolerate gays. I must say that my tolerance towards people that don't tolerate the intolerance of others towards gays is very thin. So I will leave it at that.

As for the point of conception, the only one that you made that is SOMEWHAT valid is the one where gay females become pregnant via sperm donors. Even surrogate mothers/children don't fully count as beneficial towards the human race since possibly only 1 will be born where there could have been possibly at least 3; 1 minimum from the surrogate mother and minimum 2 from the gay couple (one from each, regardless of gender).

Several articles have been posted regarding China and Japan starting to run low on women. If it was a more accepting society towards gays, the urgency would be even greater. The need is there for reproduction. This is the only aspect of normal society in which gays don't help.

The fact is that the lack of reproduction methods by homosexuals affects humanity's chance at even more greatness. Gays should be forced to reproduce in order to maintain the supply of children required to ensure not only the survival but also the greatness of the race.
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2014-06-15 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    You were bringing up good arguments until you decided to pretty much address every single point with your intolerance towards those that don't tolerate gays. I must say that my tolerance towards people that don't tolerate the intolerance of others towards gays is very thin. So I will leave it at that.

As for the point of conception, the only one that you made that is SOMEWHAT valid is the one where gay females become pregnant via sperm donors. Even surrogate mothers/children don't fully count as beneficial towards the human race since possibly only 1 will be born where there could have been possibly at least 3; 1 minimum from the surrogate mother and minimum 2 from the gay couple (one from each, regardless of gender).

Several articles have been posted regarding China and Japan starting to run low on women. If it was a more accepting society towards gays, the urgency would be even greater. The need is there for reproduction. This is the only aspect of normal society in which gays don't help.

The fact is that the lack of reproduction methods by homosexuals affects humanity's chance at even more greatness. Gays should be forced to reproduce in order to maintain the supply of children required to ensure not only the survival but also the greatness of the race.
    Declining birth rates have less to do with gays and more to do with couples simply opting to have less kids. Forcing gays to have kids is also ridiculous. Marriage is just a social institution. The monogamous premise of marriage is also a social construct. It makes no sense to hold gays to standards like those when they weren't constructed with gays in mind in the first place. You should be reserving your outrage for the straight couples who aren't having more children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I'm not inclined to believe that at all.

Sure, rape is a problem for both genders but I'm not inclined to believe more men are raped than women considering this: https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/210346.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Yeah, and right below that is the estimates.

Strange how these statistics are so at odds with what the US Buerau of Justice records in its crime statistics.

It's almost as if they're entirely made up and have nothing to do with reality at all.

I'm sure a 20 year old telephone survey presents a more contemporary and accurate representation of reality, though... next up; why "social science" is an oxymoron.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    You are looking too far. Private business operate on demand. I can't think of a way to increase demand for prisons, that isn't overreaching. Private prisons are a very steep and slippery slope...

Go Arizona legislature... you crazy bastards...
    hence why they want want to perpetuate the war on drugs, and insure illegal immigrates are locked up indefinitely. indeed private prisons are one of the more horrifying things to emerge in this country. like we're back in the fucking sanatorium days.

Quote Originally Posted by Coryam View Post
    The ratio of smart women to smart men is growing. For instance, my graduating class at UCLA yesterday was more than 60% female.
    That is mainly because, and forgive my infidel point of view that screams we deserve all to be treated equally, but we aren't the same physically/mentally, that many school systems in the west prefer girls and are equipped to accomodate them better. Boys seem to especially bomb during puperty. That most new teachers are women doesn't exactly help setting role models in the intelligence department for the boys, who are mostly exposed to greedy old men everyone hates or young millionaire athletes. There are a shit ton of studies out there that take a look at that.

Either way, back to original topic: I find it kind of disturbing that american prison really is the cliched place it is often made out to be. But anyway, I don't see the point in making a topic with the aim to cause a measurement contest. Rape is bad, and actual rape should be persecuted no matter who the victim is, and especially in state institutions they should take care that these things don't happen, as that was not part of the punishment the judges declared.

They deserved it.

They must have done something to bring it on themselves.

They must have been wearing their prison uniforms in a suggestive way.

This is what happens when they drink too much toilet wine.

Most of them are just lying to get the other inmate in trouble or pay him back for something.

Just throwing out the usual polemics MRA types like to throw at female rape victims.

Males are in prison with other males, females with other femals. What in the derping hell is your point.

Nothing quite so pathetic as men who have to purposely misuse numbers to cast themselves as the poor widdle victims to try to gain sympathy.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2014-06-15 at 11:47 AM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Males are in prison with other males, females with other femals. What in the derping hell is your point.

Nothing quite so pathetic as men who have to purposely misuse numbers to cast themselves as the poor widdle victims to try to gain sympathy.
    All it proves is some men will rape anything they can. Only a truly deluded MRA'er would think this honestly changes the dialogue on sexual assault.

If anything it reinforces it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    They deserved it.

They must have done something to bring it on themselves.
    Not all of them, but yeah, some of them deserved it and they did something to bring it on themselves. Like raping minors. I heard they are first class whores.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWlBgj0uOc

Dave Chappelle talking about some man rape. It is interesting how perceptions of rape can dramatically alter, depending on the victim. I remember hearing about some Brazilian child rapist, who got gang raped in jail by about 20 dudes and I have to admit, my first thought was "HAAA!!". The more I thought about it though, the more annoyed with myself I got. Rape is either always wrong, or we go down a slippery road of deciding which victims were more "deserving", which is utterly messed up.

- - - Updated - - -

All it proves is some men will rape anything they can. Only a truly deluded MRA'er would think this honestly changes the dialogue on sexual assault.

If anything it reinforces it.
    I need to ask, was this a troll post?

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I need to ask, was this a troll post?
    How is it a troll? it goes to show how big of a problem rape is, male rapists target women, and apparently it's all their fault or they're making it all up, but men raping men, now that is terrible and proves how bad men have it.

It doesn't change the fact that sexual assault is a problem, it reinforces it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    Because applying the statistics for one section of society to the whole of society is totally how it works.
    Stop nitpicking.

The study says more men are raped in the US than women and that is accurate.

No ifs or buts.

Deleted
    How is it a troll? it goes to show how big of a problem rape is, male rapists target women, and apparently it's all their fault or they're making it all up, but men raping men, now that is terrible and proves how bad men have it.

Nobody with a brain says that "she deserved it". It's more like "false accusations are prevalent and always ruin the lives".

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Nobody with a brain says that "she deserved it". It's more like "false accusations are prevalent and always ruin the lives".
    Honestly, I'd say the rate of women lying about something like rape is about the same as the number of prisoners lying about prison rape.

If anything, the majority of victims of both genders probably don't even report it.

Actually, I misread your post, missed the "some" part. I take back the troll part.

I need to ask though, the "all women are asking for it" part, where is this coming from? Apologies, I am making the assumption that you are from a Western country, in which case you will live in a country where women getting raped is deemed a horrific crime, but you are posting as if it isn't (or did I misinterpret your posts?)

Also, I think the issue of men on men rape that has been discussed, is more highlighting the fact that 1- prisoner rape seems to be ok, which is a perfectly reasonable area to debate and 2- men getting raped is more socially acceptable, which I think is fair to say is true. I don't think anyone is suggesting that sexual assault isn't a problem, though I haven't read every single response to this thread.

Deleted
    Honestly, I'd say the rate of women lying about something like rape is about the same as the number of prisoners lying about prison rape.

If anything, the majority of victims of both genders probably don't even report it.
    That's one thing. And I don't think stricter punishments for false accusations would solve anything. True victims would be scared to report it because not only were they raped, they can end up in prison because of it.
    Last edited by mmoc9303c11829; 2014-06-15 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really?
    Let's use an absolute here..... The more people you incarcerate (HINT: The USA has the highest incarceration rate in the entire world), the more they will be raping each other. Sexuality is a natural instinct. Where there's a lack of the other gender, the people will start having sex with their own peers. So, if all men would be locked up, the rape rates would be at it's highest peak ever in mankind history..

Now adding to this, that the saying "honor amongst thieves" is not a hollow phrase, instead it's existing for thousands of years, people have to accept that there is a functional hierarchy and self guiding unwritten laws established amongst inmates. That's not gonna change. If one finds that shocking or bothersome, well really grow a thicker skin. Make sure you won't get subject to incarceration and you should be good.
    Or simply try not to lock up every second person for pathetic shit.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Really?
    Let's use an absolute here..... The more people you incarcerate (HINT: The USA has the highest incarceration rate in the entire world), the more they will be raping each other. Sexuality is a natural instinct. Where there's a lack of the other gender, the people will start having sex with their own peers. So, if all men would be locked up, the rape rates would be at it's highest peak ever in mankind history..

Now adding to this, that the saying "honor amongst thieves" is not a hollow phrase, instead it's existing for thousands of years, people have to accept that there is a functional hierarchy and self guiding unwritten laws established amongst inmates. That's not gonna change. If one finds that shocking or bothersome, well really grow a thicker skin. Make sure you won't get subject to incarceration and you should be good.
    Or simply try not to lock up every second person for pathetic shit.
    So we should just ''deal with it'', with prisoners being raped?

That's a disgusting attitude and makes me wonder why it's okay for prisoners to rape but appalling for men to rape women, when it's the same thing.

They're prisoners, not animals. They still have the right to bodily autonomy. The security in prisons needs to be tightened up.