No networks after system restore?

So, I've ran many system restores in the past and never encountered this problem before. I did a system restore tonight and once it was done I was unable to pull up any internet networks to connect to. It didn't list any and when I tried to diagnose the problem it said it encountered some error. I clicked details and it just listed something like Restricted and some error code. Norton kept trying to fix it but it didn't work. The other computers in the house were still connected to my home internet just fine. I restarted a couple times, problem was still there. I ended up running the Undo System Restore and everything's back to normal after doing so. Does anyone know why this would occur? Like I said I've never ran into this in any previous restores. Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2014-06-15 at 06:17 AM.

Deleted
    No drivers?

Sounds like there was probably a problem with the network drivers or something of that nature. If something gave you an error and said access restricted, something happened and it took away your permission to access whatever you were trying to. Not sure why Norton would be trying to fix anything, I don't see the point in even having it, so I can't help you with that.

Why are you running so many system restores?

Why are you running so many system restores?[/QUOTE]

I ran a system restore because I had deleted something in my recycling bin and was trying to recover it. Why would drivers be the issue?

I guess I'm concerned if I ever had to do a system restore because of a virus or malware or something and was unable to access my internet afterward. I wouldn't want to undo the restore. So how would I fix the internet issue if that happened?
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2014-06-15 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    Why are you running so many system restores?
    I ran a system restore because I had deleted something in my recycling bin and was trying to recover it. Why would drivers be the issue?

I guess I'm concerned if I ever had to do a system restore because of a virus or malware or something and was unable to access my internet afterward. I wouldn't want to undo the restore. So how would I fix the internet issue if that happened?[/QUOTE]

By installing whatever network drivers you use, it'll be on the disc that came with your motherboard, though it's most likely an older version. Or you could go to their site and download the latest one there.

It's kind of like using a Graphics Card with no drivers, you can't really do too much with it.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2014-06-15 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post

I guess I'm concerned if I ever had to do a system restore because of a virus or malware or something and was unable to access my internet afterward. I wouldn't want to undo the restore. So how would I fix the internet issue if that happened?
    By installing whatever network drivers you use, it'll be on the disc that came with your motherboard, though it's most likely an older version. Or you could go to their site and download the latest one there.[/QUOTE]

I bought this computer refurbished years ago so it didn't come with a recovery disc. I wouldn't be able to go to their website if it wasn't giving me internet access either.

Why would it suddenly cause a driver error if all previous system restores I've done over the years never caused this issue? I appreciate your help

I bought this computer refurbished years ago so it didn't come with a recovery disc. I wouldn't be able to go to their website if it wasn't giving me internet access either.

Why would it suddenly cause a driver error if all previous system restores I've done over the years never caused this issue? I appreciate your help
    That's why you create a backup of some kind, or you download these things now and put it on a USB flash drive or CD so it's always there if you need it.

I don't know anything about your computer and what you do with it, so I can't say why it all of a sudden messed up like that, too many possibilities to spend time listing.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    That's why you create a backup of some kind, or you download these things now and put it on a USB flash drive or CD so it's always there if you need it.

I don't know anything about your computer and what you do with it, so I can't say why it all of a sudden messed up like that, too many possibilities to spend time listing.
    Could it possibly be because I installed some windows updates around 2 days ago and the system restore took me back about 4 days?

Could it possibly be because I installed some windows updates around 2 days ago and the system restore took me back about 4 days?
    Sure, it's a possibility. Whatever you updated could've affected something else, and restoring could've mixed old with new or something like that. It could've caused a compatibility issue of some kind, or files needed could've been missing, and that's why you experienced those problems.

I had this issue not too long ago - I had to tether my phone to my PC - use that as a data connection - download slim drivers and let that run and install the missing drivers.

and thats it.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking