Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Comcast Cable has won.

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. Comcast Cable

And Comcast has put the other two on notice. If anyone has not had an issue with this monopoly (USA) then you are in the minority. They recently bought... i mean won a lawsuit against them and this has gone on in major cities across the US. How can a company this large mistreat their customers so bad and get away with it?

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/comc...trust-lawsuit/
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get AT&T. I know some others use TimeWarner. Comcast isn't a monopoly, or if it is, it's only one in certain regions.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    AT&shitty I mean AT&T is more crappy then Comcast IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    AT&shitty I mean AT&T is more crappy then Comcast IMO.
    AT&T has treated me really well so far. Whenever I've called them I've gotten to a real person within like 3 minutes, and the only time I was having dropped internet connection it was because I have a bad line inside my apartment, which isn't AT&T's fault.

Don't worry. In a few years time it will all be streamed from the net over your wireless connection and comcast will be out of business.

Is comcast really a monopoly? i can only get time warner where i live so i always thought it was they who monopolized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    AT&T has treated me really well so far. Whenever I've called them I've gotten to a real person within like 3 minutes, and the only time I was having dropped internet connection it was because I have a bad line inside my apartment, which isn't AT&T's fault.
    My experience was....we had a DVR box installed and the guy here...was arrogant and did not treat us right. Not to mention...when we had satelite with..I forgot the name the company that uses satelite with AT&T. They installed it on the house and after we unsubbed. They basically asked us to take it down or rather my Dad since he was called.

Now for the context. My Dad has like a 1/3 of a lung and his physical capabilities are very bad and he has hard time walking around let alone getting on a roof. So that's what they expected from us. Every now and then they beg us to come back but we say no. We got Comcast.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have comcast..just too expensive for people who don't watch a lot of tv... we're with AT&T now (no tv just net) and it's fine..we get slow downs, and our transfer rate isn't incredible, but it does what it needs to.

We have something similar in Canada but it feels more like an then Oligopoly with Rogers and Bell constantly raises their prices and finding new ways to bill its users (paying per GB is very fun btw).

This video pretty much sums up what internet companies are slowly turning into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Is comcast really a monopoly? i can only get time warner where i live so i always thought it was they who monopolized.
    According to Wikipedia, the top US Cable companies are:

Currently- January 2013 (numbers are approximate)
    Comcast Corp. 22.3 million
    Time Warner Cable 12 million
    Cox Communications 4.595 million
    Verizon 4.592 million
    AT&T 4.3 million

So none of those are national monopolies. They may be regional monopolies, but they can't be acted upon by the government unless they have anti-competitive practices. Since people can get similar services from non-Cable providers (satellite, non-Cable internet, etc), I doubt any of that applies.

I fought for two weeks back and forth for a total of 10 hours to get a $170 refund from comcast after they opened 2 accounts in my name. The tech called comcast and told them they had the wrong address. Suddenly months go by and I make a payment on my account and they take my payment and put it at the account across the street. Which the supervisor didn't understand as the other address had no equipment, so why was I being charged anything for that place? Anyway after the refund they said they would credit my account for the total shitstorm and then when I get to a supervisor they say "no we can't do that, we don't see why we would." then finally I get another supervisor above that one who put through a $70 refund which still hasn't happened.

Their customer service is total shit.

Now that is some Com-castic news!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    All cable providers are monopolies in their markets, because you can't choose your cable provider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    We have something similar in Canada but it feels more like an then Oligopoly with Rogers and Bell constantly raises their prices and finding new ways to bill its users (paying per GB is very fun btw).

This video pretty much sums up what internet companies are slowly turning into.

Oligopoly sounds more true.

Recently switched to uverse (att). Haven't made it through a single tv show since without it freezing and/or dropping connection altogether.

I wish I could get Comcast .. the cable provider for my area sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Haters gonna hate.

They just upped me from 30mbps to 55mbps for free! For having no real competition (ATT still at 6mbps because they are too cheap to put in fiber!) they seem to still be improving their service while not raising prices. Not even enforcing a data cap too.

Now Ill let you get back to your anti corporate whining.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the lawsuit failed to provide something that the law stated that it must provide in order to be valid, then I see no issue with the ruling.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dumped cable TV. But had to keep comcast for the broadband...77bucks a month!

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I have a local ip, and not really a monopolized one(though they are the only ones here to even get so it is monopolized a bit) the price and speed might be shitty, but the customer service is great, I don't have a cap, and they are part of our community so I would not paying too much to help our small community instead of give it to the big guys....Do I wish my internet was faster/cheaper? Yeah, but sometimes the small things that matter, like good service.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose