Another computer build request $1300

Greetings,
    I have been reading this board for about a month and I cannot express how much help everyone here has been regarding my next computer build. To the regular forum posters here, you have my gratitude! I hope my questions help the community and bring new ideas to future builds.

I am planning on a computer purchase within one to two weeks (yes I know I’m a little early) and I hope to have everything ironed out before I start making any purchases. l will be extremely thankful for any feedback and suggestions provided. Much thanks in advance!

•Budget
    $1300 / soft cap (lower is better)

•Resolution
    1920 x 1080

•Games / Settings Desired
    WoW ultra /Bioshock ultra, and anything else in the near future on high settings that catches my eye. Id also love the ability to stream and or run fraps while playing.

• Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    I have a small mountain of old home videos in VHS I have to render and convert to DVD’s and I also make video presentations for work.

•Country
    USA - California

•Parts that can be reused
    Ill be re using my SSD until ultra M.2 prices come down to earth (I doubt I can raid 2 SSD 6gb/s to 10gb/s or come close on a Z97 board)

•Do you need an OS?
    No

•Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?’
    no

(I can definitely use more feedback regarding computer cases and motherboards.)

PCPartPicker part list: pcpartpicker.com/p/FWMxbv
    (I’ll likely be buying from micro center $280 +tax)
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($367.18 TigerDirect) (I’ll likely be buying from micro center $280 +tax)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($69.86 NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($148.33 NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($81.73 Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($146.87 B&H) ----not buying one, just a placeholder
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($148.99 Adorama)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card ($291.73 NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($67.18 Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($45.38 Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.51 Newegg)
    Total: $1385.76
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Other considerations,
    I live in Southern California and I need to budget tax as many of the internet retailers are in state, if I can get something cheaper because its tax free (I don’t mind the wait) great!

I am also considering used R9 280x video cards on ebay which are about half price likely used by bitcoin miners, if anyone has any feedback on used cards would be appreciated. (I don’t mind ½ the life span at half the cost and …NO TAX!)
    ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Radeon-R9-280X-3GB-384-bit-GDDR5-/231263337469?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item35d85e7bfd&autorefresh=true

This one I am on the fence on, Refurbished CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i on Ebay through newegg for $70. for I'll write newegg tomorrow to see if it has a warranty and if I do purchase it I’ll be sure to test it thoroughly for any defects before installing it.
    ebay.com/itm/CORSAIR-Hydro-Series-H100i-CW-9060009-WW-RF-Water-Cooler-/291173169120?pt=US_Water_Cooling&hash=item43cb45f7e0

I would stay away from a refurbished liquid cooler and just stick with Hyper 212 EVO and throw some better fans on it. That and the PSU is meh. Shaved off a bit by swapping some things around(mobo, hdd, etc) and the MX100 SSDs are about a good&cheap as they get.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ TigerDirect)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($105.91 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($106.81 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($77.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card ($269.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1142.63
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Tiel's build is good, but the SSD you already have do I'd go for something likethis:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ TigerDirect)
    CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 120 75.8 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($105.91 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($77.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card ($391.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1177.82

The 290 is going to be insane for a good while to come, so I'm pushing for that. Make some minor tweaks elsewhere to accommodate that.

Thank you so much for the feedback!

I'm glad I didn't do "too" bad picking parts but Ill be sure to stay away from the psu
    Some things I didn't mention... I do plan for a moderate over clock so I would like one of the higher end cpu coolers. its late at the moment but Ill take a look at the NZXT HAVIK 120 vs the nocta in the morning.

Regarding storage, I read an article (link below) that Seagate has a higher failure rate then the WD. but at half the price may be worth looking into. the money saved may put the R9 290 in budget.
    pcworld.com/article/2089464/three-year-27-000-drive-study-reveals-the-most-reliable-hard-drive-makers.html

Motherboard, I love the price, but its SATA 6GB/s and I would love to play with a board that is ready for SATA 10GB/s....I need to do some digging and find out if I can raid 2 6gb SSDs or if I need to buy one of the new SATA express drives or M.2 SSD like the Samsung XP941 512GB PCIe x4 M.2 once prices come down in 2015. (as I mentioned above I'm just keeping the SSD in my build above as a price place holder to help keep me in budget) But I do have to admit $100 for a 256GB SSD is an amazing price.
    Last edited by RedPenny; 2014-06-23 at 07:58 AM.

Deleted
    The above is the best cpu you can get, and it can be overclocked ofc tho you probably won't have to.
    Yes WD are better than seagate and the price is NOT double. Check this one @ 89.99$
    I haven't see a 10GB/s board yet. And if there was one you wouldn't be able to utilize it cause there is no storage drives for it. Also ssd in raid is a waste of money. You will notice 0 benefit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    The above is the best cpu you can get, and it can be overclocked ofc tho you probably won't have to.
    Yes WD are better than seagate and the price is NOT double. Check this one @ 89.99$
    I haven't see a 10GB/s board yet. And if there was one you wouldn't be able to utilize it cause there is no storage drives for it. Also ssd in raid is a waste of money. You will notice 0 benefit.
    Look for the SATA Express and M.2 slot. That's the name of the 10Gbps standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Yes WD are better than seagate and the price is NOT double. 89.99$
    Intel has some better ones on the horizon but the prices are silly high (including a chip with 8 cores), but it would be silly not to OC this chip otherwise I should just stick with the non K model.

I was looking at the HD you have listed and isnt it for DVR and surveillance purposes?

Also looks like I was mistaken regarding the ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard, it does have SATA express and m.2 and can transfer data at 10Gbps. When I looked at the title for the ASROCK on Newegg it said SATA 6 Gb/s and I dismissed it too quickly. I'll do some reading on the board, Id love to know more about it vs my first pick.
    Last edited by RedPenny; 2014-06-23 at 02:06 PM.