Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Blizzard Entertainment Looking to Develop a Warcraft Animated TV Series?

Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced individual to join the Anvil as a senior writer.

Senior Writer – Job Opening

-Mentor the story team in television and animation writing.

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...ated-tv-series

I think it's going to Animated TV Series than live-action TV series.

10+ Year Old Account
    That brings to mind the old Dungeons and Dragons animated TV show from like 1970.

I wonder if it would be as good?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That brings to mind the old Dungeons and Dragons animated TV show from like 1970.

I wonder if it would be as good?
    1983-1985. Only off by a decade and a half. :P

Actually, I wouldn't mind an animated version of SC, aired during adult swim or the like. Not a kiddie show for sure.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

If they are thinking along those lines... well, I'm concerned enough about the movie...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see some adventures set in azeroth and in the warcraft universe in general. Maybe acouple of misfits going across azeroth/outland/dreanor (like that blood elf and draenei from shatt and the argent tourny).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    1983-1985. Only off by a decade and a half. :P

Actually, I wouldn't mind an animated version of SC, aired during adult swim or the like. Not a kiddie show for sure.
    I really should remember since I was born in 1983

I would totally love this, especially if it had a slightly dark sense of humour, while still being acceptable for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    I would totally love this, especially if it had a slightly dark sense of humour, while still being acceptable for kids.
    Just because it's animated it has to be for a younger audience? Screw that, I wanna see Hellsing Ultimate kind of show. You know, rape, murder, gore (real gore, not the pussified western version you find in animation).

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Just because it's animated it has to be for a younger audience? Screw that, I wanna see Hellsing Ultimate kind of show. You know, rape, murder, gore (real gore, not the pussified western version you find in animation).
    But Hellsing Ultimate is targeted at a younger audience.

it could work. Blizzard already have games, books, comics, music, a movie coming... a cartoon seems like a natural progression
    as much as I like the books though, it would be nice to see more of the lore actually shown in game

10+ Year Old Account
    I would LOVE to see Warcraft Adventures the animated TV show on Cartoon Network or something. I'd want it to be something adults would like too though rather than an animated show with lessons to learn and such though. I think it could be awesome, and I'd say they should start it in vanilla as level 1-20ish characters. Making their way up from The Barrens or Westfall to Blackrock Mountain dungeons and then to Outland etc. That would be cool.

In fact there's already a Chinese anime called I am MT out there that does this kind of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've long thought that Blizzard's outstanding cinematic division should make a feature-length CGI animated film, but I'd settle for a series that looks like their manga.

They should do it like the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Follow Varian and Thrall's wacky adventures in Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I really should remember since I was born in 1983
    Welcome to 30 MUWAHAHAHAHAH.

Anyways, opps forgot to reply to the post.

I would love to see it done. As long as it isn't Starship Troopers Animated Series bad.. we have a deal.
    Last edited by Jokerfiend; 2014-06-25 at 12:55 AM.

Or maybe they want to do more of things like the story of Pandaren Emperor, or even improve on their machinima cinematics with the addition of the new character models and how to use their full potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I've long thought that Blizzard's outstanding cinematic division should make a feature-length CGI animated film, but I'd settle for a series that looks like their manga.
    WoW has no manga, it has manhwa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Well well well...

PLEASE be off at least Blizzard Cinematic quality! If they could make an animated TV show just like the trailers (Yes, I know; those cinematics took 3-6 months apiece to produce), then I'd be very happy.

At least then, if that's not possible, make it Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Warcraft style by using the ingame cinematic engine. I'd be happy either way.

Could any Warcraft cartoon honestly be anything other than cheesy?

You just know it would basically be an animated standalone version of the player's perspective, following the adventures of a generic team of over-the-top, emotionally rife young "heroes" who seem to save the world in every episode. It won't include any lore, or relevant story, just lots and lots of meaningless cheese.

It would pretty much just be dungeons & dragons.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-06-25 at 01:39 AM.

If it's anything like Diablo: Wrath, which they put out shortly before Diablo 3's release... yes please make it Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Could any Warcraft cartoon honestly be anything other than cheesy?

You just know it would basically be an animated version of the player's perspective, following the adventures of a team of over-the-top, emotionally rife young "heroes". It won't include any lore, or relevant story.

It would pretty much just be dungeons & dragons, but set in Warcraft.
    Lol what?

Have you ever read a Warcraft novel? Do you even follow the story of Warcraft? Those are original stories that, quite surprisingly, weren't, in fact, about adventurers. Adventurers are merely supporting characters. The main characters are people like Dezco, Broxigar, Rhonin, Go'el, Tirion, etc. It could easily be about them, or new characters.