Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does the 4 set bonus really add that much DPS?

So I'm in a raid with another hunter. He is the same average item level as I am (544). He is finishing boss fights with around 240,000 DPS. While I'm finishing around with 210,000. He has 4 piece set while I don't even have my 2 piece yet. Does having 2 and 4 piece really give you a 40K DPS boost or am I doing something horribly wrong?

If Surv, yes, if BM, no.

It's definitely a game breaker for SV... in a good way, for the most part.

I'm Survival and he is BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    If Surv, yes, if BM, no.
    Have you done sims yet comparing running 5 588s vs 2p + 3 588 or 4= + 1 588 ? you seem to enjoy sims a lot so I figured you may have

ediit: @OP: If you're SV without 4p you will lose a compounding level of dps since less explos, a lot less.. get 4p -> shit on him
    Quote Originally Posted by Azabondiia View Post
    Anyone who has not done heroic raiding, is John Snow - and knows nothing. It's the most unforgiving gaming experience you can imagine

I have, 4pc wins handily.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeromus View Post
    Have you done sims yet comparing running 5 588s vs 2p + 3 588 or 4= + 1 588 ? you seem to enjoy sims a lot so I figured you may have

ediit: @OP: If you're SV without 4p you will lose a compounding level of dps since less explos, a lot less.. get 4p -> shit on him
    I'm trying! I have been doing Flex, LFR, Normals for the past 3 months or so and nothing is coming my way in terms of tier pieces. I literally have the worst luck when it comes to gear.. All I have is the chest from Normal SOO so far. Even trying celestial's for the pants or gloves, I either get gold or the PVP stuff.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2014-06-24 at 11:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm BM and i tried to drop my 4pc in favor of 3 heroic off pcs - well my dps went in the toilet for that raid night and i put my 4pc back on the next night and my dps went back to normal.
    4pc for bm isn't to be underestimated. At least in my experience.

The difference is not big enough to put your DPS in the toilet.. Dat placebo.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is not big enough to put your DPS in the toilet.. Dat placebo.
    Well by toilet i mean i was doing like 50-60k less then normal - not gamebreaking but enough to put me under our dirty locks

But the difference isn't 50-60k DPS, it's like 15k..

10+ Year Old Account
    But the difference isn't 50-60k DPS, it's like 15k..
    I'm sure you're right, but the stats on the off pcs were not the greatest either so i'm sure that was a factor too. I was just offering my experience with my 4pc nothing more.

My point was i noticed a difference from wearing it to not wearing it.
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-06-24 at 12:56 PM.

You'd have to drop several thousand agility to drop 50-60k DPS, but yeah okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd have to drop several thousand agility to drop 50-60k DPS, but yeah okay.
    Let's just say it wasn't my best raid night mmmkay

I get it, I was just horrible that night ( Thank azor ima go cry in a corner now ) haha

Can I blame it on crappy trinket rng ? no wah wah wahhhhhh
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-06-24 at 01:06 PM.

1mil kill commands is why 4 piece

I would also like to add that his bow was 569 while mine is only 548 (Forgot to look at it when I made this topic). I'm going to assume that has a lot to do with it.

Yeah, ranged weapons have shittons of agility on em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    1mil kill commands is why 4 piece
    That's not why though. 4 piece kinda blows. You are lucky to get 3 stack for your pet and that's with the best possible rng. Usually it's always a 2 stack. It's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    That's not why though. 4 piece kinda blows. You are lucky to get 3 stack for your pet and that's with the best possible rng. Usually it's always a 2 stack. It's shit.
    But good enough to use over offset pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    But good enough to use over offset pieces.
    Only because it's fairly OP for us.