Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Da horror...da horror....

In my last post I talked about horror in the form of the Cthulhu mythos. it was very entertaining. Anyway, I got off work this morning, with a bad sinus ache. I took some sinus meds to help me sleep off the pain. I woke up, groggy and foggy in the brain. I live in a forested area, so lots of trees in my yard. Well, when I walked out, this is how my brain interpreted the outside world. Da. Horror. What if you woke up, and your living area-neighborhood-region-state-whatever-looked like this.......
    Last edited by Bartumus22; 2014-06-25 at 02:02 AM.

Si-silk worms? ....those... those are just silk worms... right?
    Last edited by King Shark; 2014-06-25 at 07:29 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would switch pain meds. While I am still in a foggy state when I get up almost all mornings...I do not see cobwebs over all the trees outside.:P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Si-silk worms? ....those... those of just silk worms... right?
    No. no they are not

We have to destroy that forest.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look on the bright side, the amount of flies you get in your house next to none. Other bugs? What other bugs?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    Look on the bright side, the amount of flies you get in your house next to none. Other bugs? What other bugs?
    on the other hand

I used to live in New York and you see this kind of thing along the highway. Baby Spiderlings leaving the egg sack use their spidersilk to fly on the wind to a new location. Think the end of the Cartoon Charlotte's Web. As there are thousands of eggs in each sack on a windy day they are spread far from their poinnt of origin without a trace. On a non windy day you get this.

P.S. OP's image was only a few images down from this one on Google images.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    I used to live in New York and you see this kind of thing along the highway. Baby Spiderlings leaving the egg sack use their spidersilk to fly on the wind to a new location. Think the end of the Cartoon Charlotte's Web. As there are thousands of eggs in each sack on a windy day they are spread far from their poinnt of origin without a trace. On a non windy day you get this.

P.S. OP's image was only a few images down from this one on Google images.
    I think the pain meds plus thinking all day about Cthulhu PLUS the stupid mist movie...I HATE M. Night Shamalayn...combined so when I walked out in a fog thats what I saw.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    on the other hand
    They're daddy longlegs so they can't bite you but that's getting off lucky. Other spiders? Yeah, I guess that would be pretty bad.

Moderation in everything, even in nature. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    This was all I could think about all day long

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel so well after seeing this. Need to go lay down, after turning on all the lights and checking every inch of the room of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    They're daddy longlegs so they can't bite you but that's getting off lucky. Other spiders? Yeah, I guess that would be pretty bad.

Moderation in everything, even in nature. :P
    Daddy longlegs very much can bite. But they have incredibly weak venom.

Anyway, why does it seem every other person on the internet has an irrational fear of spiders?

I mean, come on.

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Daddy longlegs very much can bite. But they have incredibly weak venom.

Anyway, why does it seem every other person on the internet has an irrational fear of spiders?

I mean, come on.

Ok the reason is this

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that first photo reminded me of the scene in the second hobbit film.

I fucking hate spiders. I still remember walking through a huge web when I was a kid and being so scared at not knowing where the bastard of a thing was.

How has nobody made the obligatory "kill it with fire" joke yet?

Kill it, kill it with fire.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I would werf everything in flammen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    I think the pain meds plus thinking all day about Cthulhu PLUS the stupid mist movie...I HATE M. Night Shamalayn...combined so when I walked out in a fog thats what I saw.
    The Mist (2007) was originally a story written by Stephen King (1980). The 2007 movie was directed by Frank Darabont, not M. Night :)

Darabont directed The Green Mile (1999), The Shawshank Redemption (1994) ~incidentally both of which were also written by Stephen King. Darabont has directed many other movies & even tv episodes of the Walking Dead & he has written plenty of screenplays too.

Weird that the pic you posted was also from 2007 in an E. Texas State Park. I remember when it circulated around in 2007 or so & everybody screamed about flamethrowers & asking if it was Australia (since they seem to be blessed with so much NOPE) etc.

Also, I think your brain is acting oddly for just having had some sinus meds. Are you calling the sinus meds pain meds or you took pain meds also? Whatever you did I guess unless you enjoy foggy groggy sights like this, I wouldn't do it again :P
    kintsukuroi
    ‘golden repair’, is the Japanese art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer. The aesthetic philosophy focuses on imperfections rather than attempting to disguise them, with the intention that the piece becomes both more valuable and more beautiful because of its history and for having been broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to see entire hedges in my neighborhood look like they were decorated for Halloween. It's scary the first time, eerie the second time, gross the third time, and mundane every time after that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post

I would werf everything in flammen.
    Indeedy do, werf that flammen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post
    The Mist (2007) was originally a story written by Stephen King (1980). The 2007 movie was directed by Frank Darabont, not M. Night

Darabont directed The Green Mile (1999), The Shawshank Redemption (1994) ~incidentally both of which were also written by Stephen King. Darabont has directed many other movies & even tv episodes of the Walking Dead & he has written plenty of screenplays too. They do both. pain/sinus meds. and it was more of a dream leftover plus.

Weird that the pic you posted was also from 2007 in an E. Texas State Park. I remember when it circulated around in 2007 or so & everybody screamed about flamethrowers & asking if it was Australia (since they seem to be blessed with so much NOPE) etc.

Also, I think your brain is acting oddly for just having had some sinus meds. Are you calling the sinus meds pain meds or you took pain meds also? Whatever you did I guess unless you enjoy foggy groggy sights like this, I wouldn't do it again :P
    They do both. pain/sinus meds. and it was more of a dream leftover plus.