Thread: Mistweaver help

Mistweaver help

Need to ask some questions and tips on mw monk.

1. Talents I'm running tiger lust, chi wave, ascension, leg sweep, rushing jade wave I think it was called? The one where you fly in a spear motion like Bison or raiden :P

Are these talents optimal in pvp?

2. Glyphs I'm liking life cocoon, paralysis not sure of a third one.

3. Stats I'm going for haste as a main secondary stat.

4. My healing seems pretty low but probably because I'm undergeared. Soothing mist enveloping mist just makes peoples health go up and down can't stabilise it Lol.

What heals should monk be using in pvp?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks!

Deleted
    1. Chi Brew > ascension. You'll want it on demand, besides it's a good source of mana tea. Leg Sweep if you're comp is lacking on stuns, but ring is better most of the times if you're playing with a melee (especially warrior). Last tier you want Xuen most of times: it does good damage and also helps healing. Take torpedo if you think you're gonna get trained.

2. Third one is mostly glyph of enduring spheres (makes them last 3minutes): it's great because at some point whenver you're cced your dps can just eat your orbs around the map: it's one of the perks of being a mw monk. When you face things like triple dps/beast cleaves you can take Fortuitous Spheres.

3. Nope: crit is the stat you want to go for, since the more crit you have the more chances of producing double mana tea charges: meaning more mana. Reforge order is: crit > spirit > anything. Your break trinket should also be crit not spirit.

4. Monk healing pvp goes like this (general guideline ofc)

Low damage= soothing mist spam (yes, you heard it right: spam the button because it's more hps and chi, don't channel it unless you want to cast something), dump chi with enveloping mist
    Medium damage= soothing mist + ReM and Chi wave + enveloping mist (by this order)
    High damage= Healing sphere

-You want to keep your ReM and Chi Wave on cooldown and using enveloping mists as much as possible: Due Brewing: Mana Tea passive, you'll be getting loads of mana just by spending your chi, and since enveloping mist increases the strength of your hot it's the to go spell if your partners don't need heavy healing. Coupled with Chi wave it will be enough to answer low to medium damage and to top your non-target dps. Imagine 3v3 where you're fighting MLS: you spread ReM and put enveloping mist on the partner that is not getting attacked (to outheal dots) and continue to heal your attacked partner.

- Uplift isn't used. Surging Mist is only used if: a) You got Thunder Focus Tea (don't waste it, since it can't be interrupted like this, so it acts like a healing cooldown, think of Priest Inner Focus) b) you can't land healing spheres on your partner. Outside of that you NEVER use Surging Mist, it's too costly and spheres are 10 times better. You want to stay at max range spamming orbs on your dps feet for medium/high damage: It even works through smoke bombs and on the move (this makes monk the best healer for comps like TSG).

- Healing cooldowns: you can use Xuen either for burst phases or healing intensive phases. Bubble should be saved for when your partner is low and you get stunned, and Revival is more helpful when you can use iit on multiple partners, just make sure you don't kill yourself dispelling Dark Soul'ed Uas.

This is a quite brief overview, so if you have any specific questions just ask

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    1. Chi Brew > ascension. You'll want it on demand, besides it's a good source of mana tea. Leg Sweep if you're comp is lacking on stuns, but ring is better most of the times if you're playing with a melee (especially warrior). Last tier you want Xuen most of times: it does good damage and also helps healing. Take torpedo if you think you're gonna get trained.

2. Third one is mostly glyph of enduring spheres (makes them last 3minutes): it's great because at some point whenver you're cced your dps can just eat your orbs around the map: it's one of the perks of being a mw monk. When you face things like triple dps/beast cleaves you can take Fortuitous Spheres.

3. Nope: crit is the stat you want to go for, since the more crit you have the more chances of producing double mana tea charges: meaning more mana. Reforge order is: crit > spirit > anything. Your break trinket should also be crit not spirit.

4. Monk healing pvp goes like this (general guideline ofc)

Low damage= soothing mist spam (yes, you heard it right: spam the button because it's more hps and chi, don't channel it unless you want to cast something), dump chi with enveloping mist
    Medium damage= soothing mist + ReM and Chi wave + enveloping mist (by this order)
    High damage= Healing sphere

-You want to keep your ReM and Chi Wave on cooldown and using enveloping mists as much as possible: Due Brewing: Mana Tea passive, you'll be getting loads of mana just by spending your chi, and since enveloping mist increases the strength of your hot it's the to go spell if your partners don't need heavy healing. Coupled with Chi wave it will be enough to answer low to medium damage and to top your non-target dps. Imagine 3v3 where you're fighting MLS: you spread ReM and put enveloping mist on the partner that is not getting attacked (to outheal dots) and continue to heal your attacked partner.

- Uplift isn't used. Surging Mist is only used if: a) You got Thunder Focus Tea (don't waste it, since it can't be interrupted like this, so it acts like a healing cooldown, think of Priest Inner Focus) b) you can't land healing spheres on your partner. Outside of that you NEVER use Surging Mist, it's too costly and spheres are 10 times better. You want to stay at max range spamming orbs on your dps feet for medium/high damage: It even works through smoke bombs and on the move (this makes monk the best healer for comps like TSG).

- Healing cooldowns: you can use Xuen either for burst phases or healing intensive phases. Bubble should be saved for when your partner is low and you get stunned, and Revival is more helpful when you can use iit on multiple partners, just make sure you don't kill yourself dispelling Dark Soul'ed Uas.

This is a quite brief overview, so if you have any specific questions just ask
    Just to add to this, Mastery builds are also pretty fun. Having an entire arena full of healing sphere's just for your team to run over is pretty good passive healing. That's just my opinion, though.

Low damage= soothing mist spam (yes, you heard it right: spam the button because it's more hps and chi
    Erm, how does spamming soothing mist work? First time hearing this o.o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Erm, how does spamming soothing mist work? First time hearing this o.o
    From the The Serpent’s Accord: A Mistweaver PvE Guide:

For 5.2, your main chi generator for the majority of encounters will be soothing mist. Efficiency is the key word and the fact is that it has more sustained and reliable chi generation than in previous patches. Whilst its chi generating component is based on a probability it has been fixed so that the probability increases after each tick that doesn't generate chi. After a tick generates chi, this probability lowers back to its base.

From the The Serpent’s Accord: A Mistweaver PvE Guide:

For 5.2, your main chi generator for the majority of encounters will be soothing mist. Efficiency is the key word and the fact is that it has more sustained and reliable chi generation than in previous patches. Whilst its chi generating component is based on a probability it has been fixed so that the probability increases after each tick that doesn't generate chi. After a tick generates chi, this probability lowers back to its base.
    So... if someone is in need of heals n stuff you just spam soothing mist and whatever?

Deleted
    It means that if you want to generate chi asap, you spam soothing mist.

Thanks for the responses!

Adjusted my stats and talents starting to get the feel of mw monk. Though I have a problem with when someone drops low. I try to aim my orbs under them to heal but sometimes I'm just way off target.

Is it still bad if I soothing mist > surging mist spam on someone in danger? I know you saying it's mana inefficient but it's more reliable to me.

Also, nimble brew and trinket. If I get stunned/feared should I use trinket first or the brew?

Deleted
    Though I have a problem with when someone drops low. I try to aim my orbs under them to heal but sometimes I'm just way off target.
    It's your dps responsibility to move in light of sight/close to you if you're just coming out of CC. That's more a question of experience playing as a team, because unless the target is really low you want to save your TFT. Also, remember that you're leaving orbs around the map as well: train your dps to move to them when you're cced and that should provide a bit extra healing (in the long run, loads of healing). Regarding being difficult orbing, that's why it's easier to play monk with double melee dps, but with some practice you'll get used. Ofc if you think you can't orb, surging mist once or twice.
    Also, nimble brew and trinket. If I get stunned/feared should I use trinket first or the brew?
    In the ideal situation, the first fear (8 secs) is tremored or Will (of the Forsaken) - this assuming your dps is being killed, don't trinket anything if your teammate is at 80% hp and pushing back, they got their own kiting tools. You want to check the composition first (like, a holadin with fear talent it's a great target to make use of nimble, since he stuns and fears), but 90% of the times you want to nimble stuff you can nimble - against KFC, you nimble fear from the war/wyvern from the hunter, and the incoming stormbolt/trap will have reduced duration. The other 10% are against teams like WLS: if you got a partner who can decurse you, then all the remaining cc is either a stun or a fear, so using trinket might make them believe you're out of "cc-breakers" and go for a kill: you pop nimble and congratulations you just nullified their offensive cooldowns.

I coulda sworn paralysis was 8 sec CC, im only seeing like 4 seconds now?

It was 6, when hit from the back, hit from the front it is -2 seconds.