Thread: RIP Fury

Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I really like the idea that classes are designed around some kind of lore factor, unfortunately the idea of Lore is that it's subjective. In some cases people believe Fury should be a blood crazed lunatic swinging wildly with zero fucks given, however some believe it's all an act and the 'berserker' is actually a smart guy.
    Some believe Arms should be about tactic attacks, making little dents in the armour and then delivering attacks to that specific point, others believe it should be about out-lasting your enemy with small attacks and bleeds and what not whilst another group of people think it should be about hitting the living fuck out of the target so hard their ancestors cringe.
    In 'real lore', if that's even a thing... Most Warriors had shields. That's probably why after 10 years we finally get Gladiator Stance.

At the end of the day, a lot of us appreciate a good Warrior story or a bit of Warrior lore (not rp kthx), I know when I read the Barbarian story on the Diablo website I instantly wanted to play a Barbarian... Shortly after re-rolling to Wizard because I couldn't get any fucking loot. My point is, it's all good and dandy to use your opinion to show what Fury should be like but at the end of the day Class Design should come before anything else... As much as I dislike it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Fury should be a blood crazed lunatic swinging wildly with zero fucks given
    Is there anyone that doesn't like that? . The deal, and i think what most are concerned, is to keep this concept while adding some ''depth'' to distinquish the good from the bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Is there anyone that doesn't like that? . The deal, and i think what most are concerned, is to keep this concept while adding some ''depth'' to distinquish the good from the bad.
    My opinion of Fury depends on if it's TG or SMF.

Titans Grip is dual weilding two fuck off bigass weapons and hitting slow, but when you connect you're in the shit.
    Single Minded Fury is dual weidling 2 swords of normal size and attacking in a flurry of relentless attacks.

In my opinion of course, people seem to forget there are 2 variations

Deleted
    No arguments there, thats the way it is ^^

To me, a fury warrior is just a hulking monstrosity flailing to and fro with whatever weapon he likes. Basically orbs by default are practically fury warriors. Frankly I've always felt like Bladestorm was a perfect example of something defining a "furious" attack. I mean you're just spinning around and shouting... How much more Fury can you get?

Tactics are more a Gladiator kind of thing. I see Arms is closer to Grom imo: not quite a berserker but not far removed either.

Anyone else ever wish we had mirror image and windwalk? =x

"We're thinking of adding some skills for a class and testing it out for an expansion 3 expansions away, this is subject to change before released."

OMG RIP CLASS THEY HAVEN'T ADDED...

I got beta and tested Arms and Fury. What the fuck are the devs thinking? Are they complete idiots? Because this is the most boring class I've ever played in WoW, second only to vanilla Rets.

Quote Originally Posted by ruiizu View Post
    How much more Fury can you get?
    I always liked Bloodthirst being usable while disarmed, I don't remember when that was removed. Not caring about being disarmed and still hacking away at your enemies with your fists really felt like a crazed berserker.

Quote Originally Posted by ruiizu View Post
    I see Arms is closer to Grom imo: not quite a berserker but not far removed either.
    Yep, Arms as a raging Blademaster would be perfect for me, Deadly Calm was my favorite ability for Arms in Cata because it made the spec feel like a warrior-monk. The current Arms seems more like a lumbering brute than anything tactical or intelligent.
    Last edited by Calith-; 2014-07-23 at 11:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Calith View Post
    Yep, Arms as a raging Blademaster would be perfect for me, Deadly Calm was my favorite ability for Arms in Cata because it made the spec feel like a warrior-monk. The current Arms seems more like a lumbering brute than anything tactical or intelligent.
    Except I don't think even a lumbering brute would wait THAT long between trying to hit you in the face as the current arms rotation kinda does atm (provided you don't spec Slam which I assume nobody is because of SD and current Execute dmg)

Deleted
    Things like Sudden Death shouldn't exist in their current form. Execute hits way too hard to be a random 10% chance, it's really bad game design.

Deleted
    Yes, you're definitely right on that one, but simply because of the stupidly hard hitting that Execute does atm, it's silly to even consider speccing anything else. Execute dmg nerf inc

10+ Year Old Account
    Execute's damage is high as fuck because celestalon made it supposed to balance white damage nerf, but it's still stupid regardless of the explanation....

Deleted
    Chances are though, that they'll over-nerf it so that when you're actually meant to be using it at 20%> it'll be less effective than CS or whatever. Execute damage for Fury at the moment is pretty shit, but that's another issue I guess.

Deleted
    Idk why you're talking about damage numbers when nearly every WoD Warrior post clearly states that tuning hasn't even STARTED yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
    Idk why you're talking about damage numbers when nearly every WoD Warrior post clearly states that tuning hasn't even STARTED yet.
    Final tuning no, but if you check Celestalon's twitter posts he mentions nerfs and changes to adjust damage values for arms and fury, some tuning is already done during the development process if it's obvious already that something is just stupidly out of whack, much like the Execute dmg is right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
    Nerfs are done in percentages, execute currently crits at very best 450k, which is nearly 200% more than Mortal Strike. Number tuning may not have started, but it's clearly obvious small changes are going to be made

So Arms' Execute is the only one that will add rage to do more damage like old execute and from that it has a lower base cost?

I like it personally - it always saddens me when my execute hits like a wet noodle but then I'm used to a weak execute because my fully-geared character is a death knight; I'm still working on my warrior but I've been playing it a lot lately.

It sounds to me like what they're doing to fury won't piss me off much since my exposure to fury has been limited to Vanilla-SWP and now at the tail-end of MoP as I've been playing a death knight for six years.

I can't make much from the stuff on the beta sites (Wowhead, etc..) since some of the information seems old or contradictory.

So raging blow still requires you to proc enrage to get a charge - Berserker rage once again does this I believe? The Wowhead info for Bloodthirst, Enrage and Colossus Smash make no indication of whether the two damaging attacks proc the enrage buff or not?

I can see how the changes would bring about a funky shift in the playstyle - even I'm used to having an off-the-gcd dump for CS right now and I'm only moderately adept at fury in its current form (hell, I only just recently got good enough gear to give it a try ~2 weeks ago) but I'm very intrigued by the new arms.

Arms now sounds like the first true effort on Blizzard's part to bring a big weapon feeling to a single 2H weapon spec - I like to refer to TERA's Berserker class a lot in this because it plays kind of how I expect Arms, Frost, Unholy and Retribution to play - you only unleash an attack every few seconds but you hit like a traincar full of bowling-balls when you do, it was wonderful playing the Berserker after I'd tried the Slayer (2H Sword class that uses a lot of attacks, feels more like WoW's 2H classes do) and by "big weapon feel" I mean that you don't attack nearly as rapidly as Arms does now but when you do, it counts (big damage, bigger crits, infrequent autos, no spammable filler necessarily but a dump is ok) for a lot. I hope they keep arms' execute at a high return - it is supposed to be a "lethal blow" after all.

What confuses me a little is why remove deep wounds from fury with no DoT and give arms Rend instead? It seems pretty meaningless right now to give us rend when deep wounds did the job just fine and was nearly the same thing (a button did it but it wasn't a button you had to pool up resources to use or time perfectly per se, though obviously you can indeed refresh DoTs sub-optimally, you get the idea)

I'm not sure but so far it sounds like Arms is heading in the right direction in terms of the fantasy of being a weaponmaster who makes measured, devastating strikes (hence the downtime) but it maybe isn't the best for WoW? I'm not certain.

Fury I can't say shit about - you folks have been invested in it a lot longer than I have and these changes don't have quite as much traction with me since I'm not as deep into the current playstyle. When I played it in my "prime" before I swapped to my DK, Whirlwind WAS part of your regular rotation and at some point that ceased to be (on single targets, that is) and now it's apparently on its way back and a lot of folks seem to see that as completely unprecedented or weird. I guess in a world with CS and RB, it is a little odd since back in BC we had a significantly smaller arsenal.

Anyway, so down to my question - what's the problem with Arms' execute damage right now? Don't we want it to be stronk?
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    So Arms' Execute is the only one that will add rage to do more damage like old execute and from that it has a lower base cost?

I like it personally - it always saddens me when my execute hits like a wet noodle but then I'm used to a weak execute because my fully-geared character is a death knight; I'm still working on my warrior but I've been playing it a lot lately.

It sounds to me like what they're doing to fury won't piss me off much since my exposure to fury has been limited to Vanilla-SWP and now at the tail-end of MoP as I've been playing a death knight for six years.

I can't make much from the stuff on the beta sites (Wowhead, etc..) since some of the information seems old or contradictory.

So raging blow still requires you to proc enrage to get a charge - Berserker rage once again does this I believe? The Wowhead info for Bloodthirst, Enrage and Colossus Smash make no indication of whether the two damaging attacks proc the enrage buff or not?

I can see how the changes would bring about a funky shift in the playstyle - even I'm used to having an off-the-gcd dump for CS right now and I'm only moderately adept at fury in its current form (hell, I only just recently got good enough gear to give it a try ~2 weeks ago) but I'm very intrigued by the new arms.

Arms now sounds like the first true effort on Blizzard's part to bring a big weapon feeling to a single 2H weapon spec - I like to refer to TERA's Berserker class a lot in this because it plays kind of how I expect Arms, Frost, Unholy and Retribution to play - you only unleash an attack every few seconds but you hit like a traincar full of bowling-balls when you do, it was wonderful playing the Berserker after I'd tried the Slayer (2H Sword class that uses a lot of attacks, feels more like WoW's 2H classes do) and by "big weapon feel" I mean that you don't attack nearly as rapidly as Arms does now but when you do, it counts (big damage, bigger crits, infrequent autos, no spammable filler necessarily but a dump is ok) for a lot. I hope they keep arms' execute at a high return - it is supposed to be a "lethal blow" after all.

What confuses me a little is why remove deep wounds from fury with no DoT and give arms Rend instead? It seems pretty meaningless right now to give us rend when deep wounds did the job just fine and was nearly the same thing (a button did it but it wasn't a button you had to pool up resources to use or time perfectly per se, though obviously you can indeed refresh DoTs sub-optimally, you get the idea)

I'm not sure but so far it sounds like Arms is heading in the right direction in terms of the fantasy of being a weaponmaster who makes measured, devastating strikes (hence the downtime) but it maybe isn't the best for WoW? I'm not certain.

Fury I can't say shit about - you folks have been invested in it a lot longer than I have and these changes don't have quite as much traction with me since I'm not as deep into the current playstyle. When I played it in my "prime" before I swapped to my DK, Whirlwind WAS part of your regular rotation and at some point that ceased to be (on single targets, that is) and now it's apparently on its way back and a lot of folks seem to see that as completely unprecedented or weird. I guess in a world with CS and RB, it is a little odd since back in BC we had a significantly smaller arsenal.

Anyway, so down to my question - what's the problem with Arms' execute damage right now? Don't we want it to be stronk?
    Blizzard doesn't understand that slow + heavy hit playstyle = near one shots in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Blizzard doesn't understand that slow + heavy hit playstyle = near one shots in PvP.
    So is that a way of saying an entire thematic+character class design can't exist because WoW has PvP or am I wrong?
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    So is that a way of saying an entire thematic+character class design can't exist because WoW has PvP or am I wrong?
    Nothing Blizzard has done has given me any belief that they can do this with a melee. Their tried and true method is to bake the excess ability damage into auto-attacks which, given Arms' slow swings, means it's pretty easy to avoid them outside a stun and inside a stun it doesn't particularly matter.