The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Which brand of R9 290?

Currently I'm looking at ..

https://www.mpx.no/sapphire-radeon-t...b-gddr5/808300

https://www.komplett.no/asus-radeon-...b-gddr5/806600

https://www.komplett.no/sapphire-rad...-4gb-oc/805884

What would be the better choice looking away from the "Price".

I'd like to overclock the card to the fullest? I checked out the 770/780 but it seems to be lacking performance.,

Deleted
    Sapphire Toxic Tri-X from what I remember is really good. Should be fairly simple to look up a review or two for each.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Sapphire Toxic Tri-X from what I remember is really good. Should be fairly simple to look up a review or two for each.
    I can't find the toxic, unless you mean that the tri-x is the toxic, in that case, which would it then be? blue or yellow. i know that the vapor 7950 did a great job, and I also heard that toxic aswell was a good.

Since I see that you already have a 280x. How is it doing performance wise? I've seen benchmarks, but they're nothing but numbers. Do you think a 290 would be worth the price?

Deleted
    I would probably go for the vapor-X one.

Out of the box higher OC. I think a bit more cherry picked compared to the tri-X (not sure). Better cooler. It has a backplate. This is compared to the tri-x.
    And here is a review of it.

Deleted
    This card (the yellow)

As for the 280X i perfectly happy with it but it it depends on the games and resolution you play at?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I would probably go for the vapor-X one.

Out of the box higher OC. I think a bit more cherry picked compared to the tri-X (not sure). Better cooler. It has a backplate. This is compared to the tri-x.
    And here is a review of it.
    Thank you very much, I found a other article, however i'll read this one aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

This card (the yellow)

As for the 280X i perfectly happy with it but it it depends on the games and resolution you play at?
    We don't have that one here, might go for the vapor.

I am running 1920x1080p. I do wonder do if I should grab a screen at higher resolutin..

Deleted
    What do you mean you don't have that there? You linked it in the OP:

According to the review it's very quiet and excellent performance.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean you don't have that there? You linked it in the OP:

According to the review it's very quiet and excellent performance.
    Oh? You sure it's the same?

Here's the
    https://www.komplett.no/sapphire-rad...b-pci-e/814005
    https://www.komplett.no/sapphire-rad...b-gddr5/798674

They both have Tri-X /toxic look, however one of them is listed as " Toxic " while the other one is not.

Deleted
    Yes they're both the same. Same name in the title of the review and the Komplett link and same specs.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they're both the same. Same name in the title of the review and the Komplett link and same specs.
    But how come one is cheaper than the other?

And the specs for the "Toxic" is

Sapphire Radeon® R9 280X 3GB TOXIC

GPU : AMD Radeon™ R9 280X Graphics, 2048 Stream Processors
    GPU Clockspeed : 1100 MHz
    Memory : 3072MB GDDR5 (384 bit)
    Memory Clockspeed : 6.4 Gbps
    Bus : PCI-Express 3.0
    Video-Features : HDMI 1.4a
    Cooling : 2.2-Slot Cooling
    Connectivity : DL-DVI-I, SL-DVI-D, HDMI, 2x mini-DisplayPort 1.2
    Product Size : 308mm(L) x 113mm(W) x 41mm(H)
    Power Connector : 2x8-pin

While the TRI-X
    Sapphire Radeon® TRI-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5

GPU : AMD Radeon™ R9 280X Graphics, 2048 Stream Processors
    GPU Clockspeed : 850 MHz
    Memory : 3072MB GDDR5 (384 bit)
    Memory Clockspeed : 6 Gbps
    Bus : PCI-Express 3.0
    Video-Features : HDMI 1.4a
    Cooling : 2.2-Slot Cooling
    Connectivity : SL-DVI-D, DL-DVI-I, HDMI 1.4a, 2x mini-DisplayPort 1.2
    Product Size : 308mm(L) x 113mm(W) x 41mm(H)
    Power Connector : 8-pin + 8-pin

Seems like the TRI-X isn't clocked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    But how come one is cheaper than the other?
    I was referring to the 290 not 280X. Just forget I called it Toxic in my first reply.

So... the 290 Tri-x OC (yellow) you linked in the first post is the same as the card in the review from Anandtech I linked you.

Tri-X is their cooler solution, then there is an overclocked edition, a Toxic edition, superoverpowered omg edition etc.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-06-26 at 05:41 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was referring to the 290 not 280X. Just forget I called it Toxic in my first reply.

So... the 290 Tri-x OC (yellow) you linked in the first post is the same as the card in the review from Anandtech I linked you.

Tri-X is their cooler solution, then there is an overclocked edition, a Toxic edition, superoverpowered omg edition etc.
    Oh I see, how I kinda figured it is " You have the original stock coolers, then aftermarket coolers ( kinda where this fits ), after that we even have OC edition where you can find alot of brands such as MSI/Asus. And after all that you have the very finished touched "superoverpowered omg edition" as you called it. Where the Toxic/Vapor fits. Well since there isn't a toxic, I'm going with the vapor and since it's on discount and "FREE shipping" whole summer, I'm literally saving 600KR which is 105 dollars.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm really looking for the supreme OC version as I intend to have the GPU for a few year ahead. I think the GTX 480 I have has drilled a hole through my head with the fan hitting 50-60%. It's load. This will sure be a improvement. Thanks for the help both of you

Deleted
    For some reason there doesn't seem to be a Toxic 290, only for 280X and 290X. I wouldn't really worry about the name though, I mean the review shows the card to be quiet, good performance etc. If they chose to call it OC or Toxic isn't really a big deal, clocks and spec is what matters.

The Vapor card seems to be good too so it's a good purchase either way. Good luck with it!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason there doesn't seem to be a Toxic 290, only for 280X and 290X. I wouldn't really worry about the name though, I mean the review shows the card to be quiet, good performance etc. If they chose to call it OC or Toxic isn't really a big deal, clocks and spec is what matters.

The Vapor card seems to be good too so it's a good purchase either way. Good luck with it!
    Thanks alot