Poll: What do you think of making Rogues CGS capped

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You can just have 1 spec that is gcd capped and there you are. Problem solved and everybody is happy.

Making rogues a GCD locked class wouldn't turn them into monks? Both are energy based class but the fact that rogues are slower paced and more precise with when to use abilities was what distingushed those two classes apart for me..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Making rogues a GCD locked class wouldn't turn them into monks? Both are energy based class but the fact that rogues are slower paced and more precise with when to use abilities was what distingushed those two classes apart for me..
    You should play beta monks with the changes they made to them they are slow now.

playing rogue for such a long time gives you a great looking glass; i have to give my fellows a perspective.

forget about pve the tier 4 piece raid stuff like +10 to energy forget about combats offhand energy generating combat potency. this is to share a perspective.

now the combo point generators, mutilate, sinister strike, hemo, and backstab. everyone knows the energy cost of these

the rogue has 100/100 energy and the combo points goes up to a maximum of 5. in a burst window the rogue spends his energy to get 5 combo points in the rogues burst window. energy depleted after 5 combo points. the only way that this resource model would work is if the energy cost of the abilities matched the higher resource of combo points. 5/5 combo points 100/5 = 20. giving a combo point for 20 energy is how it should be and if we were to challenge the player we could make the abilities cost twenty-two energy. because the player builds up his 5 combo points during that time the rogue also burned 10 energy in the process.

this is how delicate this resource system is. now remember when i told you to forget everything about the class like combat potency and free combo points for critting? remember it again. does this provide perspective because its shit stacked on shit at this point. what ever foundation if there was one is now eroded and gone. build a new foundation and let the superstructure build on that foundation. this is all built in the mind first and then programmed with numbers.

other than that if GCD fixes this problem than i say do it.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    You can just have 1 spec that is gcd capped and there you are. Problem solved and everybody is happy.
    No. I'm not happy. No rogue spec should be GCD capped unless it literally has no energy at all- all the moves are cooldown and priority based.

Just giving us a ton of haste so we scale all dorkly is not ok.

As long as all three rogue specs have energy, no rogue spec should be GCD locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    playing rogue for such a long time gives you a great looking glass; i have to give my fellows a perspective.

forget about pve the tier 4 piece raid stuff like +10 to energy forget about combats offhand energy generating combat potency. this is to share a perspective.

now the combo point generators, mutilate, sinister strike, hemo, and backstab. everyone knows the energy cost of these

the rogue has 100/100 energy and the combo points goes up to a maximum of 5. in a burst window the rogue spends his energy to get 5 combo points in the rogues burst window. energy depleted after 5 combo points. the only way that this resource model would work is if the energy cost of the abilities matched the higher resource of combo points. 5/5 combo points 100/5 = 20. giving a combo point for 20 energy is how it should be and if we were to challenge the player we could make the abilities cost twenty-two energy. because the player builds up his 5 combo points during that time the rogue also burned 10 energy in the process.

this is how delicate this resource system is. now remember when i told you to forget everything about the class like combat potency and free combo points for critting? remember it again. does this provide perspective because its shit stacked on shit at this point. what ever foundation if there was one is now eroded and gone. build a new foundation and let the superstructure build on that foundation. this is all built in the mind first and then programmed with numbers.

other than that if GCD fixes this problem than i say do it.
    This makes no sense. Why should you get 5cp for 100 energy? Why? Because we have a bar of 100 energy is NOT an answer.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

gibberish
    If they implemented what you described, you might as well just passively get a combo point every 2 seconds and flail randomly on your keyboard until you can use a finisher. Oh, and keep in mind that finishers cost energy too, so you spend your 100 energy and then sit on your hands for 2 seconds waiting until you can use a Eviscerate. Zero complexity, zero procs, zero fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The truth of the matter is, you have no proof for this and are just generating facts.

that was the important part if you missed it here it is.

everyone knew about this already? mashing buttons and spamming combo points is funner though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

mutilate: energy cost should be 44. 22 for each dagger.

sinister strike and revealing strike should be 22 energy with combat potency adjusted and other combat abilities that give energy.

hemo and backstab should be 22 energy.

this would be the correct burst window during combat.

the energy buff for slice and dice 8 energy every two seconds would be alright. combat though does give more energy thats how they want combat to be. this would make the class playable for pvp. the end effect on the customer player would be this. "so i die pretty fast but i also do some decent damage as trade off" the end effect on the perception is important because then the class would be an attraction to bring subscriptions and overall goal of the business to make money.

again if making the class GCD capped fixes this problem then i say do it.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2014-07-01 at 05:40 AM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Making rogues GCD-capped is not going to fix your problem, because by doing that you would take away any opportunity for burst by saving up your resources. Your problem is that you try to burst with 0 cp, and that is a problem only you can fix. It would also make us even more useless while kited. Not to mention that they would have to redesign the entire class, since it's based on the fact that we have finite resources.

where would the game be with out snacking on rogues though that is what everyone loves to do is get free kills on rogues during pvp. class needs a redesign one that is going to be positive for the players who like the class. the class now takes more from its players than gives back to them sad.

Deleted
    where would the game be with out snacking on rogues though that is what everyone loves to do is get free kills on rogues during pvp. class needs a redesign one that is going to be positive for the players who like the class. the class now takes more from its players than gives back to them sad.
    been that way since bc, only legendaries made it op again, without you were subpar. I blame the people who posted the "look at me, i can pvp naked and win" videos. After that came the expected kneejerk reaction from blizz.

I dont know what you do in PvP, hopefully more coherent things than in this forum, but of all classes i played in pvp, my rogue is actually the most resilient.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I dont know what you do in PvP, hopefully more coherent things than in this forum, but of all classes i played in pvp, my rogue is actually the most resilient.
    Rogue is literally the last class without stun break. That resilience.

I didn't mean that i stand last when fighting 1vs1. I talked about PvP.
    -Voltaire
    winning

I'm still on the fence about it not helping us. Combat at later gear levels is close on gcd capped
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Deleted
    I didn't mean that i stand last when fighting 1vs1. I talked about PvP.
    Your post makes no fucking sense, why would i mean 1v1 ? 3+ people dpsing you while stunned is way worse than just one.
    Also the only thing that matters is arena/rbg.

Because in ALL BGs you ever enter as rogue, there are 3+ people waiting to stun and kill you. Which works way faster on rogues than anybody else. Hyperbole much?
    -Voltaire
    winning

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if he's talking about meaningful pvp, it's Arenas, specifically 3v3.

Deleted
    Because in ALL BGs you ever enter as rogue, there are 3+ people waiting to stun and kill you. Which works way faster on rogues than anybody else. Hyperbole much?
    God damn clicked your link and its a pve rogue who never got a single rated pvp archievement. And then you want to talk about meaningfull pvp ? lol
    best joke: 70 arena games and not even 1500

Why do you even pretend to know anything?

I don't pretend anything. You took anything i said, interpreted it through a very narrow view and now you're unhappy it doesn't fit. Must be all the beatings by 3+ people which have made you bitter.
    -Voltaire
    winning