Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    New to this thread. I haven't gotten a chance to read every page yet but what would the stat priority be? I know bonus armor is #1 but what next after that? Would it be mastery for more AP, or maybe crit or multi strike etc. Just curious and would like to know for optimal gear in beta. Sorry if this has already been ask.

Quote Originally Posted by crazed View Post
    Ok then my guild is likely to have 1 prot warrior tank and a brew monk, so I guess it wouldn't take too long to get my pieces. Will Arms dps still be high with all the bonus armor gear on cleave bosses? From what I heard Glad aoe is bad, but I'm not sure what their aoe is or how much it does.
    Glad AoE is Thunderclap (includes Deep Wounds) and Heroic Strike cleaving via glyph. Oh, and Revenge if another target is close enough. So, like the spec as a whole, very decent sustained damage but not as a bursty as Arms and Fury can be.

Unrelated: It's come to my attention that the Juggernaut trinket is becoming Bonus Armor. As such, does this make it the best trinket for leveling purposes and, if so, what's the best 2nd trinket to go with it: TTT or Skeer's?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsnack View Post
    New to this thread. I haven't gotten a chance to read every page yet but what would the stat priority be? I know bonus armor is #1 but what next after that? Would it be mastery for more AP, or maybe crit or multi strike etc. Just curious and would like to know for optimal gear in beta. Sorry if this has already been ask.
    Hasn't been updated for the Shield Charge change but I'd guess the following:

Bonus Armor > Crit > MS > Mastery > Versatility > Haste

Where everything but Bonus Armor and Haste are pretty close in value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally its crit>MS>vers>haste>mastery, haste jumps a lot when you're near a cap (extra GCD inside shield charge).

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Generally its crit>MS>vers>haste>mastery, haste jumps a lot when you're near a cap (extra GCD inside shield charge).
    I remember reading that we needed ~900 rating (don't know offhand what the Haste Rating -> Haste % values are) to get another GCD into the 6 second Shield Charge but with 7 seconds on the duration then to fit 5 GCDs in you need ~7.15% Haste and 6 abilities you'll need 28.6% Haste (subtract 5% for each if you account for raid buff). 5 GCDs should be obtainable with a single piece with Haste on it but will 6 even be worth chasing in T17?

I doubt it'll ever be worth hitting that 2nd breakpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I remember reading that we needed ~900 rating (don't know offhand what the Haste Rating -> Haste % values are) to get another GCD into the 6 second Shield Charge but with 7 seconds on the duration then to fit 5 GCDs in you need ~7.15% Haste and 6 abilities you'll need 28.6% Haste (subtract 5% for each if you account for raid buff). 5 GCDs should be obtainable with a single piece with Haste on it but will 6 even be worth chasing in T17?
    I was able to get over 900 in the basic PVP ilvl660 PVP gear the game provides, used a haste flask though. I doubt it's going to be too tough to achieve in T17.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have the Gladiator-specific Tier set bonuses been revealed yet? All I see is:

2 pieces Protection: Shield Slam has a 25% chance to automatically cast Shield Block
    4 pieces Protection: While Shield Block is active, your shield block value is increased by 30%.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Have the Gladiator-specific Tier set bonuses been revealed yet?
    Pretty sure set bonuses can only change with specs, not talents.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love idea of classic warrior with shield that is not only for defense but used as a weapon. I'm kinda worry about it's survival and locked stance dance. I want it to work so much, because it will be first time when most popular style of fighting (sword/mace/axe/polearm/spear + shiled) will be useful in pvp and pve (dps wise).

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, after thinking about it for more than a minute, I realized that Shield Block already turns in to Shield Charge so it'll likely just be the same case on the Tier sets.

If you go to Wowhead and look for the Tier bonus you can tick "Gladiators Resolve" which shows the bonus for Glad.

2P: http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=165338

4P: http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=165351
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, even better and applicable for future use!

Thanks!

Deleted
    Just wanted to say I appreciate all the feedback provided. For a new spec (I know its a lot like prot - but dps component makes this massively different) There is such little news.

19 pages only I so wish to make this my new spec come WoD. I have never played a warrior before apart from a little while leveling as prot but the whole Sword and Board dps stance always appeals to me in mmos.

If there are any more videos of pve style spec, please provide a link. I will be glued to them to learn as much as I can to support my Mythic team.

Thanks again

One of the biggest reasons this is only 19 pages, is they simply took a solid spec ( protection warrior ) and increased damage by what? 20-40%. They didn't really have to change much, and the gameplay of heroicstrike+shield charge is nearly the same as 5.4 Fury. Glad is a lot of fun, and definitely delivers on the fantasy of sword and board dps.

My only complaint is that we are so far behind in AOE to Arms Burst right now.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    My only complaint is that we are so far behind in AOE to Arms Burst right now.
    Is that all Arms beats Glad on is AOE? Is Glad better at single target or are they similar?

Is that all Arms beats Glad on is AOE? Is Glad better at single target or are they similar?
    Gladiator is good on single target but it's still a little behind Arms/Fury, it's close enough... It's the AOE where it struggles compared to them. Still some numbers tuning to go though.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Unrelated: It's come to my attention that the Juggernaut trinket is becoming Bonus Armor. As such, does this make it the best trinket for leveling purposes and, if so, what's the best 2nd trinket to go with it: TTT or Skeer's?
    Still curious what the verdict will be on the best two trinkets. With the reduction in tank survivability I'm wondering if the leech on juggernaut's will be worth having assuming the skeer's stuff is better than just the raw BA.

Deleted
    Even tough Celestalon keeps saying gladiator is 100% proper dps spec, from all the testing i've done and seen around the web, Gladiator is way way way behind in therms of AOE and single target is still weak.

We could say that single target we were more towards sustainable and less about burst, but even as sustainable it's still lagging behind.

So Gladiator is basicaly a spec that has solid/fun gameplay, but lacks dps and terribly lacks AOE.

Now if only that was true and we could get buffed and become OP...
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Now if only that was true and we could get buffed and become OP...
    The excuse that Blizz used for months was "tuning is not done" or "just wait for tuning". So there is still hope.