Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    i see some buffs.
    "Healing effectiveness diminishes for each player target beyond 6" on HR is gone
    i believe that is a tooltip update since it still says: 'and up to 6 allies within 10 yards'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smetson View Post
    i believe that is a tooltip update since it still says: 'and up to 6 allies within 10 yards'
    Yeah just a wording change. No buff.

The buffs to holy prism and light's hammer are great regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    if 18 seconds is too slow (paladin community opinion), and 6 seconds is too fast (blizzard's opinion), then what is the sweet spot?
    of course remember that if you got faster HP generation your mana costs would skyrocket, or your heals on your 'main spells' would be significantly weaker.
    Math says: 12 seconds.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I was JUST complaining yesterday about how poor our aoe healing is. This is a step in the right direction. If they can lower the mana cost a bit on HR then we might be in a much better spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    I was JUST complaining yesterday about how poor our aoe healing is. This is a step in the right direction. If they can lower the mana cost a bit on HR then we might be in a much better spot.
    There is no uncapped Holy Radiance change.

Worse Holy Radiance is bugged and sometimes heals 6*50% instead of 5*50%+1*100% like today. Just saying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Lowering the mana cost could make us spam it either now or later in the patch/expac which is surely not an intended design, but won't get into this right now to keep it short :P (even though we did spam HR throughout MoP lol).What they outta do is buff its healing.As you said, we lack AoE healing, not mana efficiency.If HR + HP/LH+the Occasional 2/4P proc LoD are our AoE heals and they're all decent we'd be in a good spot, mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akam3x View Post
    Lowering the mana cost could make us spam it either now or later in the patch/expac which is surely not an intended design, but won't get into this right now to keep it short :P (even though we did spam HR throughout MoP lol).What they outta do is buff its healing.As you said, we lack AoE healing, not mana efficiency.If HR + HP/LH+the Occasional 2/4P proc LoD are our AoE heals and they're all decent we'd be in a good spot, mostly.
    Or they could simply buff LoD to the point that it'd be worth having an 18 second cooldown. As it stands now HP is just there hanging out. My ideal would be to buff our HP spenders and HS. That'd be more than enough.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Or they could simply buff LoD to the point that it'd be worth having an 18 second cooldown. As it stands now HP is just there hanging out. My ideal would be to buff our HP spenders and HS. That'd be more than enough.
    If they buffed our HoPo finishers then they'd also have to take into account what happens when we get 4P + DP...and we don't generate a HoPo finisher in 18s (without 4P), not even close with 4P + DP, even though we won't see that until later in the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they buffed our HoPo finishers then they'd also have to take into account what happens when we get 4P + DP...and we don't generate a HoPo finisher in 18s (without 4P), not even close with 4P + DP, even though we won't see that until later in the patch.
    The entire design of the 2p and 4p completely contradicts their nerf to HP generation in the first place. We're either gaining HP too fast as they stated or we're in dire need of HP so was can get finisher chain that can proc off itself constantly...

HR, HS, and LH buffss are a step in the right direction, but the RNG of our tier bonuses still needs work or redesign and our HoPo generation certainly needs to become more moderate. Why can't Blizz actually go "Well, this is too much, this is too little, let's go in the middle!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    HR, HS, and LH buffss are a step in the right direction, but the RNG of our tier bonuses still needs work or redesign and our HoPo generation certainly needs to become more moderate. Why can't Blizz actually go "Well, this is too much, this is too little, let's go in the middle!"
    There has been no HR buff. Or a HS buff, for that matter. Are you looking at the same patch note as the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    There has been no HR buff. Or a HS buff, for that matter. Are you looking at the same patch note as the rest of us?
    They probably mean HP rather than HS.

The LH / HP buffs were pretty huge buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

They should just change the set bonuses to something less ridiculous.

Give us a new 2 set entirely. Have the 4 set be whenever you cast EF / WoG / LoD your next HS generates 2 HP rather than one.

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    Typo on HS, meant Holy Prism. Unsure on HR now that I reread it, but the datamined info says the healing can affect more than 6 people now so I'd consider that a buff if it couldn't hit more than 6 people before. Not enough of a buff of course, but a buff overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    Typo on HS, meant Holy Prism. Unsure on HR now that I reread it, but the datamined info says the healing can affect more than 6 people now so I'd consider that a buff if it couldn't hit more than 6 people before. Not enough of a buff of course, but a buff overall.
    It's a tooltip correction. Reread it. It says heals 6. The removed text takes away the confusion and the MMO green text that says "AoE cap removed from tooltip" is jsut informing that the text was removed.

Bottom line, HR hits total of 6 at a time, no more.

Healing that target for [ 151.32% of Spell Power ] **and** up to 6 allies within 10 yards for half that amount
    It definitely should heal 7ppl sometimes. Of course 5 is "up to 6", so it works kinda correct right now, but i don't think that blizzard wants to troll us with the tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Pretty sure this is just hyperbole. You need to stop exaggerating.
    I simply reiterated what you said with your exact same mindset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    This only goes as far as whether Blizzard decides there should be one or not. Not you.
    You're absolutely correct that it is not up to me which means that blizzard will never do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Um, Vanilla? Try Vanilla, BC, and Wrath. The Paladin was even tank healing quite a bit up until DS when SPAM THE RADIANCE became standard. If you're going to sit here and tell me the Holy Paladin has been at it's most fun mechanically post-DS you're a mad man.
    You thought the previous expansions and patches where holy paladins did nothing but cast single target spells was more fun than what we are doing now?

I am not saying that paladins are fun at the moment... but I can sure as hell say they are 100000000000000000000x better than being the jokes they were back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    The best thing Blizzard could do in my opinion, is simply revert Tower of Radiance back to what it was, our primary HP generator and I'll be fine with casted finishers.
    I'd be so happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    The buffs to holy prism and light's hammer are great regardless.
    Lol let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
    100 Warlock
    100 Mage
    100 Priest
    100 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Juicyjonny View Post
    I simply reiterated what you said with your exact same mindset.
    No, you were blatantly exaggerating.

You're absolutely correct that it is not up to me which means that blizzard will never do that.
    Explains why we are primarily spamming single target heals now. Makes us really good raid healers and bad tank healers, eh?

You thought the previous expansions and patches where holy paladins did nothing but cast single target spells was more fun than what we are doing now?

I am not saying that paladins are fun at the moment... but I can sure as hell say they are 100000000000000000000x better than being the jokes they were back then.
    And we have regressed to spamming single target heals in WoD. Which part of the word "regression" do you fail to grasp?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy paladins right now are in the worst shape I have ever personally seen them. I was there for the boring HL splash spam days. This is much worse...
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, yes I do. Being a tank healer is what this class was for years. It's the reason I selected the class. I was a Cleric in EQ and a Terran Trader in Earth and Beyond. I was a tank healer. I'm used to single-target heals and being the foundation upon which the raid is built upon. Holy Paladins were my class and then it was taken from me because of bullshit 10-man "fairness" and homogenization. I found managing mana far more fun than spamming HR or now shocking, judging, using HR and using your finisher. This class was probably at it's best in Firelands when our primary healing style was single target, but we had a great CD with HR. The goal should be to bring the class to that point again where single-target is the primary healing style and AoE should be either a solid finisher or a CD-based HR. Now that 10-man is no longer a concern we can have a semi-niche again.