Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I believe that if someone is being forced into doing something the solution is to go after the person forcing them, not to ban them from doing what they're forced into.
    So you'd be in favor of legalizing prostitution then?

I believe that if someone is being forced into doing something the solution is to go after the person forcing them, not to ban them from doing what they're forced into.

You are literally claiming you know what these women want regardless of what they say to the contrary. You are being blatantly misogynistic.
    Oh wells, we all know women are too dumb to think for themselves. If they say they want burqas, it's because they're too stupid to know burqas are oppressing them.

10+ Year Old Account

You are literally claiming you know what these women want regardless of what they say to the contrary. You are being blatantly misogynistic.
    "I'll have the steak, and the little lady will have a salad, LITE Italian dressing"

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So you'd be in favor of legalizing prostitution then?
    With appropriate regulation for public health and safety.

Agreed. /tenchar

Deleted
    Appropriate regulation would entail what, exactly? How would you make sure that they're not being coerced?

And if you stop them legally from doing what they are forced to do by their husbands/family, then you have the LAW, to stop the men. Hence, a start on how to remove the problem. There is no "easy" fix for this.
    Besides, it's impossible to find out IF they are being forced, unless you actually step in and make the men "reveal" their intentions.

Again, you REALLY don't know what that word means Wells... I mean, I've come to understand you are dense, but come on man. Shape up sons!
    Did you look up the word yet? I'll do it for you in the next reply if you don't.

The smartest thing you've ever said lol

- - - Updated - - -

Appropriate regulation would entail what, exactly? How would you make sure that they're not being coerced?
    Probably that they are clean and licenced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Probably that they are clean and licenced
    That's no guarantee to them not being coerced.

Deleted
    Oh come on people. Karl is not being misogynistic. If anything he's being a misandrist towards the male Muslims since he assumes they are all violent and threaten female relatives into wearing the burqa.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can never have a system that would be able to tell 100% that they are not being coerced, but you can have a system that makes sure their health is of prime importance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You can never have a system that would be able to tell 100% that they are not being coerced, but you can have a system that makes sure their health is of prime importance.
    Thus why it should be banned, at least one way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post
    Oh come on people. Karl is not being misogynistic. If anything he's being a misandrist towards the male Muslims since he assumes they are all violent and threaten female relatives into wearing the burqa.
    For some reason, this comment made me laugh a little! I thank you for that one, kind Sir/Ma'am :P.

Private interviews with a licensing body and random inspections should help there as well as with regular anti human trafficking police efforts. Shouldn't be too hard to tell the difference between someone being sold into slavery and someone who wants to work as a prostitute.

And if you stop them legally from doing what they are forced to do by their husbands/family, then you have the LAW, to stop the men. Hence, a start on how to remove the problem. There is no "easy" fix for this.
    Besides, it's impossible to find out IF they are being forced, unless you actually step in and make the men "reveal" their intentions.

Again, you REALLY don't know what that word means Wells... I mean, I've come to understand you are dense, but come on man. Shape up sons!
    Did you look up the word yet? I'll do it for you in the next reply if you don't.
    yeah keep telling me how much you're looking out for women by telling them what they can wear regardless of what they tell you.

What do you think abusive husbands are going to do once you ban the burqa? Sounds like you just ended up forcing women to not leave the house for fear of their abusive husbands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't it be up to women to decide what they do with their bodies?

I know your answer to this on another topic, so be careful.

Deleted
    Private interviews with a licensing body and random inspections should help there as well as with regular anti human trafficking police efforts. Shouldn't be too hard to tell the difference between someone being sold into slavery and someone who wants to work as a prostitute.
    You're not being pragmatic, you're being an idealist. That doesn't hold up in the real world.

People get coerced into doing manual labor too. Should that be banned?

Also banning prostitution clearly does not stop trafficking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Shouldn't it be up to women to decide what they do with their bodies?

I know your answer to this on another topic, so be careful.
    I'm all for women being allowed to sell sex, the buyers should be penalized.

Women in public, or women around men period, should be baned then.

You're not being pragmatic, you're being an idealist. That doesn't hold up in the real world.
    Yeah interview and random inspections sure are idealistic