Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I agree with that. I mean, Reid, Clinton, and Biden (along with 26 other Democrat Senators) all voted in favor of the Iraq War, yet don't catch nearly the amount of flak that Bush did. People remember Presidents much better than they remember people in Congress.
    You mean the lied to are held less to blame than the liar? Amazing.

Did they forget Reagan?

I see we've moved on from "blame Bush" to "blame Congress." Couldn't Clinton have blamed the same thing, since he presided over the four of the five least productive Congresses until then?
    Right... Congress isn't to blame for a majority of issues we have, oh nope...it's all the president?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Bush personally did all of the intelligence gathering on Iraq, or was he lied to as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with that. I mean, Reid, Clinton, and Biden (along with 26 other Democrat Senators) all voted in favor of the Iraq War, yet don't catch nearly the amount of flak that Bush did. People remember Presidents much better than they remember people in Congress.
    Because listing only democrat yes counts in senate, ignores the actual vote in congress. 21 democrats in the senate voted nay vs 1 nay and 48 yes republican. Then, just perhaps, they look at the house where 126 democrats voted nay to 6 republicans, while 215 republicans voted yes and 82 democrats voted yes. That's why democrats don't nearly get the same blame, as executive branch was Republican and the combined congressional vote had 263 republicans versus 108 democrats voted yes, while only 7 republicans voted nay versus 147 democrat nays.

I guess the answer to your question, is people blame republicans a lot more, when the number of yes votes from democrats in senate, isn't the only number listed.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Why do Americans always put so much responsibility and blame into their presidents, as if he has full and final control over everything? And that a different president is somehow going to change the entire country, economy and laws?

Even I, as a non-american know that half if not most of what people dislike him for isn't even his doing.
    Umm, well because he does...sure Congress can veto, but it does go back to the presedent after that and he CAN still pass it if he wants, although that never happens.
    *Official Ryg Tweet on Patch Notes Hype Train Passenger* -Never Forget

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Why do Americans always put so much responsibility and blame into their presidents, as if he has full and final control over everything?
    He does. We are a democratic Dictatorship. Watch House of Cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bush personally did all of the intelligence gathering on Iraq, or was he lied to as well?
    What did the 147 democrats and 7 republicans and UN inspectors know that Bush didn't? Maybe if the 9/11 commission could get him to speak in court, instead of Bush and Chaney being the only ones questioned by the commission at their home, untranscribed and not under oath, we would know...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obama is bitch...you heard all his speeches?! where he says: we usa will be always at first place in the world...usa is strongest nation on earth...we are best of the world...no one can overcome us and so on...really?! you guys also say like him? i dont see any honor in this...this sounds like a threat...that means that usa will make everything to become world leader and fuck everyone else? thats not worth a gentlemen and will never be...the guy himself will not overcome none of the leaders in the world...he is just a president of a strong country...but he is not the strongest!

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    Obama is bitch...you heard all his speeches?! where he says: we usa will be always at first place in the world...usa is strongest nation on earth...we are best of the world...no one can overcome us and so on...really?! you guys also say like him? i dont see any honor in this...this sounds like a threat...that means that usa will make everything to become world leader and fuck everyone else? thats not worth a gentlemen and will never be...the guy himself will not overcome none of the leaders in the world...he is just a president of a strong country...but he is not the strongest!
    Anti-American rant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    CIA the UN and about 20 other intelligence agencies from all over the world all reported WMD's in Iraq. Saddam refused to allow the UN to investigate further and we tried for nearly a year to get him to cooperate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to add, those who disputed the intelligence gathering on Iraq were called unAmerican and the UN inspectors that said there were no WMDs were not part of the coalition of the willing.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Americans must regain honor that they had sometime before...today...i dont see any honor what they do in ukraine...thats not worth a gentlemen...only a bitches can do this

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Just to add, those who disputed the intelligence gathering on Iraq were called unAmerican and the UN inspectors that said there were no WMDs were not part of the coalition of the willing.
    Freedom Toast is tasty what can I say.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Anti-American rant?
    i say anti american things? no...i say anti bitches speeches....

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    What did the 147 democrats and 7 republicans and UN inspectors know that Bush didn't? Maybe if the 9/11 commission could get him to speak in court, instead of Bush and Chaney being the only ones questioned by the commission at their home, untranscribed and not under oath, we would know...
    You have to ask them. Maybe they didnt want to get involved in a war. Maybe they didnt think the evidence was enough to do anything about. Ask them.

Americans must regain honor that they had sometime before...today...i dont see any honor what they do in ukraine...thats not worth a gentlemen...only a bitches can do this
    What the fuck are you talking about? I feel like I'm reading some weird shit a transported Samurai is spewing.

- - - Updated - - -

i say anti american things? no...i say anti bitches speeches....
    you seem to be foaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    CIA the UN and about 20 other intelligence agencies from all over the world all reported WMD's in Iraq. Saddam refused to allow the UN to investigate further and we tried for nearly a year to get him to cooperate.
    UN inspectors were let in and found nothing. Bush claimed they were hidden and later claimed they were mobile and driven out.

Also, the French journalist who was responsible for finding out Iraq was getting uranium from Africa, recanted the story before the war.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    after that speech, the world must know what is real goal of the bitches...coz they say it straight

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about? I feel like I'm reading some weird shit a transported Samurai is spewing.

- - - Updated - - -

you seem to be foaming.
    u really dont get it? americans money that bought everything in there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    You have to ask them. Maybe they didnt want to get involved in a war. Maybe they didnt think the evidence was enough to do anything about. Ask them.
    How does a simple fact that they did not feel giving Bush the authority to go to war was just? As I pointed out, many if those people listed the reasons during 9/11 commission in court. Unlike Bush and Chaney, who only gave testimony from home, untranscribed and without an oath.