Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

New Elemental mastery and Multistrike Attunement!!!

When you deal damage with Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, and Earth Shock, you have 16% chance to gain Electric Charge. At 3 Electric Charges, a Lightning Strike hits the target for [ AP ] Nature damage. When you deal damage with Lava Burst, Lava Beam, and Flame Shock, you have an 16% chance to gain Rising Heat. At 3 Rising Heats, an Eruption hits the target for [ AP ] Fire damage. Shaman - Elemental Spec.

Multistrike Attunement You have a 20% increased chance to multistrike. Your multistrikes deal 35% increased damage. You gain 5% more of the Multistrike stat from all sources. Shaman - Elemental Spec.

Warlords of Draenor Beta - Build 18505

Mastery: Molten Earth (New) Mastery: Molten Earth Your damaging spells incite the earth around you to come to your aid for 6 sec, repeatedly dealing [ 160% of Spell Power ] Fire damage to your most recently attacked target. Shaman - Elemental Spec.

Warlords of Draenor Beta - Build 18537
    Last edited by whyabadi; 2014-07-12 at 12:41 PM. Reason: New mastery...again

Deleted
    I'm wondering if both the % chance and damage scales with mastery or only the % chance. Also kinda wanted non-rng mastery but that seems decent

10+ Year Old Account
    Was hoping they didn't do some mock-resource gimmick for a Mastery. Would rather a flat damage increase but this just feels like Fulmination 2.0. It also won't be affecting AoE to boot, so... I guess it's something, as abysmal at it may seem. I'm more excited for the multi-strike attunement than this new Mastery.

I suppose we'll have to properly see it in-game before judgement, but that's my view so far. I hope it at least makes up for the deficit between changing mastery's.

I like it! Cool idea for a mastery. Multistrike change is welcomed too, was expecting them to do something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    I like it! Cool idea for a mastery. Multistrike change is welcomed too, was expecting them to do something like that.
    They already did. This is from the beta.

Ugh just gross.
    Hi Sephurik

I don't get why Thunderstorm's movement reduction was taken...

Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    They already did. This is from the beta.
    Yes I know this... that's why I said it's a "welcomed change" lol :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    I don't get why Thunderstorm's movement reduction was taken...
    It wasn't. It means they either did it by accident or they are changing the movement slowed to a different value and haven't decided.

It will give us a bit more choice in gearing at least. As of right now its mastery or haste with Mastery being the go to one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I know this... that's why I said it's a "welcomed change" lol :P

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't. It means they either did it by accident or they are changing the movement slowed to a different value and haven't decided.
    As I said, I think a +X% damage would've been a better mastery, as non-flavourful as that is... it seems like they added this Mastery just to try and make us feel special after losing something so core. Well, I shouldn't say losing, should I? As Elemental Overload was basically added into Mulstrike Attunement (with a little extra by affecting everything).

Let's hope for PvP's sake that it was by accident.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiusmuotoilu View Post
    I'm wondering if both the % chance and damage scales with mastery or only the % chance. Also kinda wanted non-rng mastery but that seems decent
    I was messing around on beta earlier and currently only the percentage change is affected by mastery, not the damage.

I like this change initially. As I guessed previously, they had to do something that had some kind of cool visual effect.

Love the new multistrike attunement so far. Bringing back our old mastery while adding the new one! Hopefully those charges deal decent damage. Even if they don't, just make it have a great visual effect then i'm cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaazu View Post
    I was messing around on beta earlier and currently only the percentage change is affected by mastery, not the damage.
    That makes sense, since the damage scales via our Spell power.

@Zaazu: Do those new mastery charges stack exclusively? Does it have a timer? How much damage does it deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Was hoping they didn't do some mock-resource gimmick for a Mastery. Would rather a flat damage increase but this just feels like Fulmination 2.0. It also won't be affecting AoE to boot, so... I guess it's something, as abysmal at it may seem. I'm more excited for the multi-strike attunement than this new Mastery.

I suppose we'll have to properly see it in-game before judgement, but that's my view so far. I hope it at least makes up for the deficit between changing mastery's.
    it will effect our over all AoE damage a bit actually as CL/Lave Beam build the debuff on the target as well. hat said I look forward to playing with this it seems somewat nnifty and I imagine it will make Ascendance feel more machine gun damagy than it does already.
    Last edited by Xayl1; 2014-07-03 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xayl1 View Post
    it will effect our over all AoE damage a bit actually as CL/Lave Beam build the debuff on the target as well. hat said I look forward to playing with this it seems somewat nnifty and I imagine it will make Ascendance feel more machine gun damagy than it does already.
    Yea I'm assuming that Lightning Strike and Eruption will deal ST damage when built through LB or LvB and AoE through CL or LBeam or maybe the proc just splits damage.

Yea I'm assuming that Lightning Strike and Eruption will deal ST damage when built through LB or LvB and AoE through CL or LBeam or maybe the proc just splits damage.
    based on the exact wording of the tool tip I don't think it splits the damage but regardless of that considering our AoE is essentially CL spam we should be seeing a somewhat steady stream of Lightning strike procs to our targets. although if it did work similarly to the t15 bonus that would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    As I said, I think a +X% damage would've been a better mastery, as non-flavourful as that is... it seems like they added this Mastery just to try and make us feel special after losing something so core. Well, I shouldn't say losing, should I? As Elemental Overload was basically added into Mulstrike Attunement (with a little extra by affecting everything).
    This basically is just a slightly fancier passive damage master though isn't it?
    Gaining and using procs is entirely out of your control, the damage event fires automatically the very moment it becomes available. What they have essentially given you is a +X more damage over the length of a fight without needing to do anything except continue your normal rotation to use it, but with nicer spell effects.

Just throwing my opinion in, I really like the change.