Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Paladin PVP set is amazing. I like the elite set but the black/white colouring on the honour (or regular Conquest) one is amazing. Looks like a Diablo Crusader and it's my favourite set that I've ever seen in the game since Judgement or Lightbringer. Look it up on WoWhead and be jelly.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    there is kind of a trend: since blizz introduced transmog, most of the sets and weapons have been terrible, especially wod preview...
    this might not be true but i hardly like any of the sets from mop or wod.
    reasons why the sets are this terrible:
    - they all look the same. there is no optical difference in classes and armor type.
    - size of the shoulders & belts. pls return to the size of the cata/wotlk sets, srsly.

7+ Year Old Account
    all subjective, not fact, i personally like them. kay?

10+ Year Old Account
    As time has passed, the sets just grow in severity; They're either amazingly appealing or horrendously disgusting. There's no middle ground anymore.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest Mystic set looks fucking disgusting, it´s soooooooooo ugly.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    I think the mythic sets are supposed to be ridiculously over the top. That said, I do agree we haven't seen small shoulderpads in a while. The overall art quality however has been really great. They look amazing, even if too big.

Yeah, this. The mythic sets are great, being flashy and large. They're supposed to be like that. Over the top. Like the challenge mode weapons are super large and flashy, while the normal weapons are usually a lot less so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just the fact that MMO-Champion is using the old human male model. I'd imagine this...

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...17MythicHD.jpg

Would look great on the updated Orc Male for example. Just looks weird on the old human male imo. As does most other sets.

Anything regarding Monk looks weird for me for MMO-Champion's front page posts because my Monk isn't human. Is Pandaren Male(just fits). They look drastically different. Though it's a bit of personal opinion in terms of which looks better.

Had to edit cause the image was massive...no idea how to shrink MMO-Champion hosted images.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2014-07-03 at 08:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlan View Post
    Apparently, every class now needs to look like a tank. They must have heavy metal shoulders, big helms (preferrably with horns of some kind) and huge spikey things. What in the world are you thinking, Blizzard? Each class needs to have individuality, not just another version of the big-bad-armor-model.

Of all the models, the monk set stands out as being the worst. Monks should be graceful and poised, dexterous and lithe. The next tier set, apparently, wants to turn them into Paladins. It is built from, what appears to be about 150 pounds of steel (and on a leather class, for shame!), a fair amount of which is in the belt and shoulders. How in the world is a monk supposed to be graceful when their belts weigh more than their body weight?

All of the classes have a great individuality and a wonderful presence, game-wise. Blizzard seems to have lost that spirit and given them all huge, heavy, clunky armor. When I look at a pair of Warlock tier shoulders in a model viewer and expect them to look good on a DK.. Sad. Not to mention the priest set who gets tank gear with a cloth robe.

Granted, it's far too late to change this tier, but I beg of you Blizzard.... Bring back some class feel and let each class feel like they have their own style that matches their character, not just "everyone looks like a tank, but a few of you get a cloth robe". Armor doesn't HAVE to be massive to be cool. I'd much rather see some delicate Mage gear that feels arcane than 50 pounds of metal, even if it does look tough and 'leet.

- Kev
    I couldn't agree more! Well said!

Most of them look awesome, I don't know why people make threads to discuss taste...

Everyone has their own, and it is not a matter that you can discuss on...

There are a few i dislike, for example the rogue pvp season, ( elite looks great ).

You can almost predict when threads like this are going to happen...

Deleted
    I have not seen hte hunter set yet, but from I've seen so far I'm scared to look!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    How does.. What?

I thought rogues were supposed to be stealthy, that doesn't look very stealthy, what with the flying daggers and lights.

Deleted
    There is nothing wrong with the armors. Their theme is pretty clear and tastefully similar to the theme of WoD.

Everything (with the exception of the Paladin T17) is almost exclusively masculine and almost savage as I would expect the artistry of the Orcs to be. Will that strict, hyper-butch almost design please everyone?

Probably not.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlan View Post
    Apparently, every class now needs to look like a tank. They must have heavy metal shoulders, big helms (preferrably with horns of some kind) and huge spikey things. What in the world are you thinking, Blizzard? Each class needs to have individuality, not just another version of the big-bad-armor-model.

Of all the models, the monk set stands out as being the worst. Monks should be graceful and poised, dexterous and lithe. The next tier set, apparently, wants to turn them into Paladins. It is built from, what appears to be about 150 pounds of steel (and on a leather class, for shame!), a fair amount of which is in the belt and shoulders. How in the world is a monk supposed to be graceful when their belts weigh more than their body weight?

All of the classes have a great individuality and a wonderful presence, game-wise. Blizzard seems to have lost that spirit and given them all huge, heavy, clunky armor. When I look at a pair of Warlock tier shoulders in a model viewer and expect them to look good on a DK.. Sad. Not to mention the priest set who gets tank gear with a cloth robe.

Granted, it's far too late to change this tier, but I beg of you Blizzard.... Bring back some class feel and let each class feel like they have their own style that matches their character, not just "everyone looks like a tank, but a few of you get a cloth robe". Armor doesn't HAVE to be massive to be cool. I'd much rather see some delicate Mage gear that feels arcane than 50 pounds of metal, even if it does look tough and 'leet.

- Kev
    Couldn't agree with you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    How does.. What?

I thought rogues were supposed to be stealthy, that doesn't look very stealthy, what with the flying daggers and lights.
    Obviously the shoulders are too big, its buggy probably, try looking the set at a UD female, it ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm growing more concerned with the direction rogues are going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyouweed View Post
    Obviously the shoulders are too big, its buggy probably, try looking the set at a UD female, it ridiculous.
    Look at Human Female on WOWDB. Shoulders look just right. I love the set.

When they were doing those minimalistic armor sets, people wanted something more "spectacular", now when they are doing that, people are complaining, they want the old ones. They can't do one fucking armor style for ever, I really can't figure out how people don't understand that. Always the same = boring, Keep changing = some love it, some don't = better.

Stop fucking complaining about the armor sets, and use transmog if you don't like 'em.

Well, I have to agree with OP, WoD sets is a huge disappointment for me. Everything looks like plate, even cloth.

Thanks God Blizzard made transmog.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though