Blue Post Ticker is almost useless nowadays....

.......because of the lock lock lock lock lock lock lock lock lock lock lock lock going on.

Seriously, every day it is the same: 4-5 out of 7 of the "Recent Blue Posts" are one of the following:

"OMG YOU POSTED IN AN OLD THREAD WE MUST LOCK NOW!!!!"
    "OMG THIS THREAD HAS GONE SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC! WE HAVE TO LOCK IT NOW!!!!"
    "OMG THIS DISCUSSION ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR OUR FORUMS! LOCKED!"

lock lock lock lock.

Seriously, Blizz's moderators suck, because Locking is all they freaking know how to do anymore. OMG, the horror -- someone posted in a thread that is a month or two old.. they MUST lock it, because God Forbid people hold some discussion about how something might have changed since then.

Or, a thread goes a little off topic...... OH MY GOD WE MUST LOCK IT NOW! Yeah, who cares that people are participating in a discussion, we have to lock it!!!

Or a troll thread... "This topic does not lend itself to a constructive conversation. WE GOTTA LOCK THIS NOW!!!!"

It gets freaking old after awhile when the vast majority of "Recent Blue Posts" end up being one of these. Maybe they could add some sort of "smart parser" system that looks for their copy-pasted messages (since they are exactly the same word-for-word) and ignores those when generating the "Recent Blue Posts" ticker?

That, or too bad we couldn't tell them to hire forum moderators that actually know how to do their jobs. Locking a thread isn't always the answer, and isn't always necessary. But of course, you can't dare question their authority, or... *Thread lock!*

They tell you to email them instead......but nobody ever answers the emails.

So is this a rant about how Blizzard runs their forums or how the Blue Post watcher doesn't have what you want in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So is this a rant about how Blizzard runs their forums or how the Blue Post watcher doesn't have what you want in it?
    "Doesn't have what I want..."

Eh, thread locks are useless stuff that we don't really care about. I suppose you could say "Doesn't have stuff I want" since I'd like there to be threads in the ticker that are actually, you know, useful information in some way. "LOL We're locking your thread, haha!" is not "Useful Information".

As to Blizz Moderators... well, I think I made it quite clear my opinion of them.

Yeah, we were supposed to be filtering out posts by mods (not CMs closing topics though) automatically a while back, I'll see what is delaying that after people are back next week.