Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Red face Earthquakeis back!

Can anyone try the new beta patch and say if it has a new effect?

Who the hell invited it back? Not me!

Just got on and wanted to see if any new spell animation was added, and there isn't. Plus it doesn't seem anything at all changed with the ability....<Shrug>

Deleted
    It's the same old annoying spell, just higher numbers, no new animation or effects.

I wish they pruned it, but no, that clunky outdated thing has to stay because a 2 button aoe rotation is apparently more interesting than a 1 button aoe rotation.

(I really hate it with passion, sorry)

Also it makes us go oom atm because it costs 70% base mana, they probably forgot to adjust that.
    Last edited by mmoc9b40fcaf0c; 2014-07-10 at 12:40 AM.

The concept of a Shaman summoning an Earthquake is cool.

The design of the spell and how disfunctional and weak it is compared to CL is why I don't care for its return.

They need to grow a pair and chop this god awful spell.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    They are hoping that the perk keeps Eq revelant. But i still see it going away or being that spell no one uses

just when i thought blizzard was showing some sign of intelligence.

they go full fucking retard again.

PLEASE no fucking earthquake it's shit utter shit, we have a great cleave in CL, unless EQ is going to tick like 200k+ crits (and im talking 580 gear) then it's shit and just makes new shamans play badly and i have to tell them to unbind that shit.

earthquake is the definition of button bloat, i use bind elemental more than i use earthquake.

edit: nice to see other shamans in this thread feel the way i do, we'll take literally anything in compensation for not having EQ back.

It would be cool if Fulmination could be used to make Earthquake instant.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

I wish you could just channel Earthquake on the target rather than having to position the stupid ring - which seems to bug the hell out any time there's any slight variation in elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    It would be cool if Fulmination could be used to make Earthquake instant.
    Oh that would be awesome! Also, it centers it on your target, save the extra click.

I wish earthquake was like an undispelable ring of frost xD

Blizz needs to buff Earthquake damage to make it stronger or take it out. Its kind of dumb how they decided to make Earthquake deals very low damage, thus making it not a viable choice to use it.

they removed eq in an internal build already. so it is not worth to rage about it.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-07-10 at 05:37 AM.

Deleted
    ...adding another earthy thing instead... soooo, new spell? nice

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    just when i thought blizzard was showing some sign of intelligence.

they go full fucking retard again.

PLEASE no fucking earthquake it's shit utter shit, we have a great cleave in CL, unless EQ is going to tick like 200k+ crits (and im talking 580 gear) then it's shit and just makes new shamans play badly and i have to tell them to unbind that shit.

earthquake is the definition of button bloat, i use bind elemental more than i use earthquake.

edit: nice to see other shamans in this thread feel the way i do, we'll take literally anything in compensation for not having EQ back.
    I think you dident get the memo where CL was Hitin like a bloody CRAP!!! on beta... To compare my Lb hits for 14 k LvB for 19K and Wait .... CL for 2k!!!!!!!!!! Awsome!!!and thats all on lv 100 with nice gear Go Go Blizz you guys ar soo smart not...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    they removed eq in an internal build already. so it is not worth to rage about it.
    no?? is the same thing over again !!

10+ Year Old Account
    If Earthquake were more like Death and Decay (longer cooldown, no cast time, more damage) I'd probably use it, but as far as it currently goes; no thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GL4NDU1N View Post
    ...adding another earthy thing instead... soooo, new spell? nice
    Totally gonna be that potatoe toss spell we saw at blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    This idea keeps popping in my head though It probably wouldn't work.

What if we flipped the spells between specs.

- Ele could use CL to spread Flame shock and follow it up with Fire Nova.
    - Enh would use Earthquake but it would be an instant cast Point-Blank AoE spell (Like Frost Nova for mages)

Ele's AoE spells would have some synergy

Enh AoE would feel a little less clunky without being tied in to Single Target spell.

Of course the Damage and cooldowns of all the spell would have to be adjusted.
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis