Page 1 of 3
LastLast

is lvl 60-85 leveling dead ?

Ever since the P2W to 90 Boost. it seems to me when ever i lvl an alt at around 70 the que times are longer and way less people around

is this becouse of the p2w 90 boost or the end of expansion break ?

any toughts ?

15+ Year Old Account
    60-80 was fine last time i did it on dps alt,between 5-10 minutes.60-70 more than 70-80 but still fine,80-85 is waste of time to go with instances when quest give much faster xp.

Queuing as a tank, I get them really quick, dps always have them slow?
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Ok. it seems like i just got unlucky then

thanks for the replies

15+ Year Old Account
    It have always gone up and down in my experience. What hour of the day can make a huge difference too. I'm lvling my fifth char, lvl 72atm and from what I can recall the queue times are fast (10ish minutes) compared to how it was when I lvled my priest a couple of months ago, the queue was so long on occasions that I just said fuck it and dropped from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tandenstoker View Post
    Ever since the P2W to 90 Boost. it seems to me when ever i lvl an alt at around 70 the que times are longer and way less people around

any toughts ?
    it's the way how the leveling mechanics work now, combined with community behavior.
    Doing instances that have no quests attached to them, is an utter waste of time. It slows you down.

I have 11 level 90s atm... I've tried every trick in the books to figure out the fast route from 1 - 90... None of my toons is boosted, I refuse this.
    When I level, I do every applicable dungeon once, just to do the quests in there, and then I'll never go back. I do not use the random dungeon feature therefor, it's not worth it. I queue specifically. That's the only way to make a dungeon run worthwhile.
    Additionally, the way people run dungeons during leveling is the same how they run heroic 5 mans at max level.
    Now, while at 90 this makes a lot of sense, to go in there, and try to get through it as quickly as possible, it makes ZERO sense during leveling. The dungeon mobs give more XP than the open world mobs, which means during leveling the proper way would be to kill every living thing in that dungeon, and that's most of the time not the case. Noob tanks running through it like it's a lvl 90 speed run translates into an XP loss, and with that in a time waste.
    I get more XP and faster from plain questing, in direct comparison. The gear from the dungeons is rather obsolete anyway too.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Leveling in dungeons is just faster, really
    No it is not.
    Not since they've changed it and lowered the xp gains in dungeons. The only benefit from dungeons really is if you kill everything. Which most people don't do.

I wouldn't say that 60-85 content is dead, but leveling to 60 and then getting the instant 90 is becoming the new trend in order to max professions as well as your character level.
    Trolls... I don't like trolls.. Stop it..
    Hate with ignorance & Love with passion
    *Not a single shit was given*
    Ever

Queue time depends on many things. Don't even try it in the forenoon, noone plays with alts. Or on wednesday. Or on popular raid days after 19:00
    The best is from friday until tuesday between 14:00 and 18:00. You'll get fast queues even with a dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Actually didn't know they reduced the XP, tbh. Well, that just makes it the easiest option then lol
    The XP gain from dungeons was reduced with the release of MoP. This kinda goes hand in hand with the reduction of XP from battlegrounds.
    This can be felt throughout a toons level range.. At the earlier stages it's only a bit less. The higher the toons level, the more dramatic it becomes.

you'Re just unlucky, i'm going in LFD in the same time like before the dink90, not a lot of people accept to paid the same price of a new game for just a 90 character you know;p

Dungeons are only worth doing once for the quests, and even then not all dungeons are worth it. Exp/hour is just not worth it if you have some idea of how to quest efficiently, not to mention wipes/retard delays or potential disbanding of the group before finishing it.

any toughts ?
    This is because of the expansion end. Subs are flying away and stuff.

Also, there is nothing p2w in buying lvl90 boosts. Its just "pay", no "win" there.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

1- old game is old a lot of players that have been around a while have already leveled their alts and they have a free boost from preorder
    2- depends on the time of day ive been dungeon grinding and early in the morning i have 20+ min wait at time afternoon less than a 5 min wait i literally just hit 80 a little bit ago so i seen the 70+ que times from my end
    3- if anything there probably would be more people leveling now out of sheer boredom. people do level and reroll during these times when they rage over character changes in beta but see #1
    Me for instance I have every class maxed on the server I mained on for MoP so I cannot start any new characters
    Ive been starting over on another server for the past few weeks working on my 3rd 90 there

Tips if you are active on any 90s then you have the means to get boa gear for multiple toons level something that can fill/que for multi role tanking is almost for sure going to be insaque
    Dps from 15-90 are always going to have it rough just depends on how bad 5-10 min wait for a dungeon isnt bad 45min+ for LFR sucks
    If you play a pure class then yea it sucks but if you can multi role you shouldnt really complain when you have the ability to make it easier on yerself.
    And boa weps dont give xp boost so if yer a dps war swap spec slap on a sword and board and enjoy insa q ( for example )
    I find longer ques work for me the best because it gives me time to work on my profs. One thing I cannot do is level a toon and not have its profs maxed.
    Having said that dungeons are the weaker option to questing outside of doing them once for the quests. Dungeon mob xp is very low.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Dungeons are only worth doing once for the quests, and even then not all dungeons are worth it. Exp/hour is just not worth it if you have some idea of how to quest efficiently, not to mention wipes/retard delays or potential disbanding of the group before finishing it.
    Yes....

Here's a pro tip....
    If one happens to have the right level 25 battle pets, to make this efficient.... The Vale of Eternal Blossoms.... Bring your lowbie toon there...
    Find a save spot to not aggro shit (there are plenty), and start doing pet battles.
    As an indicator.. At level 89, you need 100 battles to reach level 90. At lower levels you need less. It gradually increases up to 100 at 89.
    A battle takes about 1 minute... Means from 89 - 90 is less than 2 hours.

The cons:
    You are not getting any gold. You are not getting any gear.

The pros:
    You level fairly fast. You level plenty of pets. You get tons of lesser charms. You get battle stones, to upgrade pets, and if you get some neutral stones, you can sell those at the AH for some nice gold amounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    No problems at all for me, dead servers you are on?

Quite a lot of levellers, just because the boost is there doesn't mean all use it. It is just a bulky shortcut, you win nothing major.

Average wait time for a tank, 5-10 minutes
    Average wait time for a healer, 1-7 minutes
    Average wait time for a DPS, 10-25 minutes

Just of my own experience, of course.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No it is not.
    Not since they've changed it and lowered the xp gains in dungeons. The only benefit from dungeons really is if you kill everything. Which most people don't do.
    Dungeons WITH quests is generally faster than just questing, even if you're in there solo. After 60 questing is arguably similar speed, and 70 it takes over by a wide mile. That may explain the difference in queue times OP if you're on a quieter CRZ / PvE.

On a PvP I think a lot of people just do dungeons through 58-6X because hellfire is near impossible to level in as of the boost and end of expansion boredom etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Dungeons WITH quests is generally faster than just questing
    That's what I said above in my first post

Deleted

any toughts ?
    And people want them to add even more levels after 100. Makes sense, doesnt it?
    Last edited by mmoc1561bc551c; 2014-07-04 at 01:23 PM.

leveling rogue (79 atm), didn't notice any difference