10+ Year Old Account

Question w/ Mastersimple

Just a quick question in regards to mastersimple DW Frost. I tried finding the answer, but it appears it hasn't been asked or answered yet.

I know that the idea is to maximize DPS using PL and BT talents, but I have never really enjoyed either because they take micro management.
    I currently do not use PL in my 2h rotation, but with mastersimple it sounds like you should simply be using it as much as possible.

In regards of BT w/ mastersimple can you use RE instead without much of a DPS loss? I have used BT in the past even with it macro'd and don't enjoy it.

Thoughts?

Thanks all,
    -Aerie

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I don't get why you like RE more than macro'd BT....it's a more reliable version of RE basically.

That said im sure you could but you run the risk of returning an unholy rune instead of a death rune which is why BT is miles ahead of RE for Master simple.

PL and BT don't require micromanagement at all. with master simple your diseases should basically always be available to leech off with PL and macro'd BT basically is a set and forget type talent. I still use Need to Know to see how many stacks I have so I can try and save them for necessary burst but it's far from micromanaging. On beta with zero addons I just made an FS/BT macro that I use on live and I literally never pay attention to BT.

Just macro blood tap, take soul reaper and obliterate off your bars, and turn off your brain. You'll be fine.

Deleted
    ^ What he said

Macro your Blood Tap to Frost Strike as people have suggested and don't track your charges. It'll feel just like RE as you won't know exactly when you'll be getting your runes back and you have the added bonus of them being guaranteed death runes.

There's really no micromanagement required on your part - well, you may need to get used to pressing your Plague Leech key seeing as you haven't used it before, but it's called "Mastersimple" for a reason!

To actually answer your question the answer is sure, RE is fine. Game it by leaving an Unholy rune up.

You're taking on additional micromanagement for no DPS gain, but if you dislike macroed BT for whatever reason, go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all of the responses guys. Once my guild can get me a couple norm/heroic 1 handers I'll give mastersimple a shot with PL and BT.

In regards of priority I believe it is HB>FS>PS. Where does PL fit into this priority? Do you just use it asap once you dump your runes on HB? or whenever you can?

I'm sure I'm over-complicating things but I do appreciate the advice.

Best,
    -Aerie
    Last edited by Aeriedk; 2014-07-22 at 09:16 PM.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The priority is more complicated than that, but you'll be heading in the right direction if you just focus on not wasting resources, and prioritise runic power over runes.

Plague leech when you have low rp, no runes, and horn is on cooldown. Don't wait to be completely out but don't use it too early and end up overcapping later.

If only they would remove the animation from BT so that when you do macro it to FS it doesn't look like your character is having a seizure.

Use plague leech as much as possible as its 2 free death runes every 30 seconds.... just make sure when you do use it that you'll get the maximum possible of 2 death runes, sometimes when you have runes still off cooldown you'll only return 1 which is a DPS loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Just macro blood tap, take soul reaper and obliterate off your bars, and turn off your brain. You'll be fine.
    That ^. Mastersimple take a little bit to get used to