Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Anime that uses fan service as its biggest selling point, sacrificing almost everything for it. Other than that, I'm pretty open to most anime.

I hear that Kill la Kill is pretty good despite the obvious fan service, but haven't got around to watching yet.
    Kill la Kill was obvious parody of fanservice in general (since lets be honest it takes it way over the top) but at some point the joke got tiresome. Still really good series.

I don't really dislike a certain genre.

I do greatly dislike the drawing style of older anime and the anime ''mongoloid'' faces they use in Clannad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Any that doesnt focus on rape, gore or gory rape.
    While I don't really look for animes of this type I did see Urosukidoji which was plenty freakin demented but after everything was all said and done I do have to give the anime an overall thumbs up. I mean yes there was stupid parts and parts that would probably give you nightmares but the concept of the tri-universe coming together as one was an interesting concept at least how it was presented in the anime. Again not an anime I thought I would have liked.

So just about every kind of genre I think can be made to work. With a good combination of presentation, style, music, story, and directing one can like just about anything.

Any anime with the following:
    1.Harem
    2.Moe
    3.Pussy main character

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Anime that uses fan service as its biggest selling point, sacrificing almost everything for it. Other than that, I'm pretty open to most anime.

I hear that Kill la Kill is pretty good despite the obvious fan service, but haven't got around to watching yet.
    The fanservice there did bother me a bit at times, but between the fact it was meant to be a parody, and was justified by the plot, made it more bearable. The show on a whole was just awesome, even despite this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anetulan View Post
    The fanservice there did bother me a bit at times, but between the fact it was meant to be a parody, and was justified by the plot, made it more bearable. The show on a whole was just awesome, even despite this.
    Actually I wasn't all that thrown off by the fanservice. If you watch it closely, you'll notice that we didn't get even one "panty shot" like normal fanservice shows do. Apart from the huge amount of skin shown, it's really... Mild. Everything is totally covered or just not drawn at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Albolynx View Post
    Though I'm surprised to see the hate on sports anime. The older ones, which are mostly baseball, I kinda partial myself but anything in the past decade is pretty fun. For the most part I barely know the sport and still have fun watching them. Not really sure what @Descense meant by propaganda.
    I'm kinda the same, i hardly enjoy watching any sport in real life, but some of my favorite anime are about sports(Ippo, Kuroko and Saki if you can consider that a sports anime).

10+ Year Old Account
    The screamy type.

Seriously, while it may not be a specific genre, excessive screaming is an immediate turn off to me and why I don't watch much anime in general. Not that I have anything against anime, but good lord, shut up.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Sport anime are extra horible.
    http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...24-640-480.jpg

Its like watching propaganda.
    Kukoro's Bastketball is honestly one of the best animes I've seen don't hate lol. The strive to win and the willpower and training is cool to watch.

For me personally, it's... idk. I like a lot of the genres, however some animes are just complete ass, and it has nothing to do with the genre. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for example, way over the top too serious about itself. Couldn't watch it. Naruto is just stupid to me, it's a try hard fighter anime that others do much better and did it way before. One Piece is kind of odd, trying to get into it because the premise is cool, the execution is not in my favor. Kill La Kill was GREAT in the beginning, but it lost it's flare deep within, didn't care for it after a while. Attack on Titan good GOD could people CRY MORE PLEASE IN THAT. I want to kick the blonde haired kid in the jaw for being such a little baby.

Speaking of AoT, animes that use heavy amounts of flashbacks, even worse, the same flashbacks, as filler. It's disgusting to watch.

I guess if I have any gripes, it's stories that run on too long and should've ended somewhere way back. I'd rather have perfect endings, or endings that make me want more (but will never get it), than an anime that's trying too hard to stay afloat, it loses it's luster and ruins the entire thing for me. It's starting to get like that with Gintama with me, I'm almost done with every episode (200 something), and im sad because it feels like theyre straining it. My favorite episode was in I think Season 2, when they had the mind game in the bathroom with the 4 of them about who wipes first, made me cry of laughter. I don't want to lose that feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Actually I wasn't all that thrown off by the fanservice. If you watch it closely, you'll notice that we didn't get even one "panty shot" like normal fanservice shows do. Apart from the huge amount of skin shown, it's really... Mild. Everything is totally covered or just not drawn at all times.
    Are you talking about Kill La Kill? You don't need a panty shot in there, the string covering her hoo-ha is thinner than most pairs of underwear, and she switches into it with a detailed transformation scene almost every episode. Not to mention that weird bath scene with that rival girl and her mom, wtf was that, KLK is much more extreme than most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for example, way over the top too serious about itself.
    Wat, that's the opposite of the impression you're supposed to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is another fail:
    Shibaki is a high-school boy whose only interest is girls. Except he's been branded as the most hentai boy at school and the girls avoid him like the plague. One day he finds a book in the library about how to summon witches. He tries it as a joke, but it turns out to be the real thing. An apprentice witch named Rurumo appears to grant him a wish. Shibaki helps Rurumo and she in return refuses to take his soul. (This part of this story happened before the start of chapter1) When the story starts, Shibaki wishes he could see Rurumo again. His wishes is granted immediately as Rurumo falls from the sky and crash lands in front of him. He finds out that as punishment for not taking his soul she's been busted down to an apprentice demon. Now, she must complete the task of getting Shibaki to use up 666 magic tickets that grant wishes before she can become a witch again. However, what she doesn't know is that each time he uses a ticket it shortens his life. When the last ticket is used up, Shibaki will die. Shibaki knows this because Rurumo's familiar black cat Chiro tell him as part of the "contract" for giving him the tickets. Now, Shibaki has a choice, make a wish and help Rurumo become a witch again or resist the temptation and try to save his own life.

High school, echhi, crap story = not much to expect.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Slice-of-life romance. I usually wont even try one of those unless it's highly recommended, and even then there has only been 1-2 that I thought were decent.

Anime that differs from the source material (manga/light novels). If I watch an anime with no knowledge of the story going into it, I'm usually fine, but if I'm familiar with the source material, every deviation I see annoys me, whether they change or cut out a plot point, or severely tone down the violence. There are a few anime that I haven't been able to watch, like Berserk, Claymore and Mahou Sensei Negima, because I'm already aware that they are very different from the source. I also really liked FMA when I was younger, but haven't been able to rewatch it once since reading the manga and watching Brotherhood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I heard someone say that about KLK once too.

Onodera best girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

All of them!! Seriously though, I have not seen 1 anime I actually like. I think it is a love/hate type things. I did watch pokemon when I was in elementary school, but that was the most I have ever gotten into an anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    All of them!! Seriously though, I have not seen 1 anime I actually like. I think it is a love/hate type things. I did watch pokemon when I was in elementary school, but that was the most I have ever gotten into an anime.
    Nah its more like quality and story. Like video games.
    I can watch school anime, but ONLY if it has a good storytelling (but thats rare in this type of gendre).

As soon as the thing start....the XXX person is a XXX schoolboy, you know that anime is bad.
    However it is starts like....the XXX person is a death-devil incarnated and he is trying to convince a lot of woman to become witches for his own good and stuff, its usualy good or at least watcheable.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for example, way over the top too serious about itself.
    Hardly serious about itself at all. Jojo doesn't take itself serious, most of the time, which is why its so fun to watch. Were you even watching the same Jojo as everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Seriously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, god I hate that show.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I hate heavy fan service animes, they are the kaceytrons of anime. catering to males or females, i hate them all

sick to death of the [insert high school depressive kid] that stumbles in [insert plot] and their live gets turned upside down.

also the oversized boobs and other hypersexualized character who often are essentially children.

Deleted
    Two years ago I'd have been able to easy select which genres I disliked as "Harem" and "High School Setting" but then Clannad happened. Although to be fair, I'm far too much of a novice Anime watcher to probably even participate in this debate. I mean, I've only watched like.. 20 series and several of them with less than 10 epis--

User has been removed from conversation, we apologize for letting him in here.