Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heppu View Post
    The money you pay for the expansion alone is enough for them to make a new one. The subscribtion is just for the patches and customer service.
    I don't think you realise how much more than customer service and patch content goes into running this MMO.

Depending on the price, sure.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd continue to pay per month, unless they threw in some really good perks.
    This thread needs a poll imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume WoW will be releasing good and proper content for next 10 years still, so ye, that would be a great deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

If I could afford it, very much yes. Affording my fav game once, and never having to worry about it fitting into the bill cycle ever again? Sign me right the fuck up. I've paid for various Blizz CE sets, so yes I'd be willing to throw up to $300 at them so I could be able to play WoW until they decide to shut the servers off permanently.

A WoW lifetime sub would be well over a thousand dollars, to think otherwise is just silly.

Probably not. It's just my luck that 2 years later it would go F2P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I already provided extensive math to prove how expensive it would be, and point out some other possible issues with the system.
    Doesn't explain why other games like Guild Wars 2 can do it.

If you are unhappy with the Warcraft pricing model, you can always stop paying it.
    Already ahead of you. But do consider that a multiplayer game is always better off to get as many players as you can into your game. Even if it means very little profit. In the end it pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    Probably not. It's just my luck that 2 years later it would go F2P.
    Yes, but depending on your playstyle, F2P is a far worse scenario for many people. It would be free to play the bare minimum. Based on many of the other games I play, I could see it going like this:

$10 per additional character slot past the first free character
    $15 per race to unlock additional races besides Human/Orc
    $10 per class to unlock premium classes (hybrids)
    $10 once to unlock additional action bars
    $5 per character per bag slot
    $8 per character per bank slot
    $5 per character to unlock a second profession
    $5 to unlock full use of the auction house account-wide (normally capped at 2 simultaneous sales)
    $10 per character to unlock transmogrification
    $10 per character to unlock void storage
    $7 per character to unlock dual specialization
    $2 per respec
    $3 per character to unlock gear sets
    $2 per barber shop usage
    $5 per mount to be unlocked account-wide
    $3 per pet to be unlocked account-wide
    $3 per title to be unlocked account-wide
    $5 per week to run unlimited dungeons (normally capped at 7 per week)
    $5 per week to run unlimited PvP (normally capped at 7 per week)
    $5 per week to run raids
    $2 per emote to unlock animated emotes account-wide
    $3 per dance to unlock them account-wide and useable on any race/gender (then we'd know why the Dance Studio never made it in so far)
    $3/+5/+10 (or gold) per character to unlock advanced flight speeds
    $2/+4/+6 to decrease the cooldown on Hearthstone from 60 minutes down to 45/30/15 minutes
    $3 per character to unlock a non-engineering Jeeves
    $3 for a single one-hour 50% experience buff
    $3 to take your excess gold out of the bank (normally capped at 50k gold on each character)
    Plus all of the mounts and old transmog gear you can currently farm at your leisure will all be exclusively on the Blizzard store for various prices, with sales changing every week!

And let's not forget the premium services!!!

$5/8 per night at the Goldshire Inn on Moon Guard, depending if you also want room service past midnight
    $20 to unlock train wrecker or Lil' XT.
    $1337 to transmog legendaries
    $25 to enable the Log Off/Quit buttons (normally once you are in, you can never leave. EVER)
    $32 to unlock Cow Level
    $10 per use of 'Battlecruiser' (fires the Yamato cannon at a target, forfeiting loot but instantly killing the target. Cooldown of 2 hours. Side-effects may include Stormwind Park-like craters)
    $50 per use of 'Coldhearted', a 10-minute buff granting you immunity to standing in fire
    $15 per character to unlock 'Storytime' (Deckard Cain will ask you to stay a while, and listen)
    $10 to disable the break reminders (normally, a Pandaren will tell you to "slow down", once every 15 minutes)
    $3 per character to enable getting drunk
    $7 per character to disable drunkness
    $5/10 to unlock Shaman woof/wolf form
    $5 donations to improve the state of Azeroth and its people (Jaina will have more time to study, Stormwind Park will return as a virtual reality instance, gnomes will be able to rent Gnomeregan at an hourly rate, etc.)
    $15 to be able to fly in Silvermoon City/Exodar-related zones (Blizzard is not responsible if your character gets stuck in the unfinished oblivion that was not meant for flying in)

But it's also Blizzard, so, double each of the prices.

Also, you couldn't pay Blizzard enough to unlock flying in Draenor. Just forget about it already.
    Last edited by Forumchibi; 2014-07-11 at 04:10 PM.

Without question, WoW has given me some fantastic memories through the years and I plan on continuing to play for many more to come.

I would have dropped probably 500 on a lifetime sub when I first played the WoW beta however many years ago. I probably would even have bought in up until the TotC patch, after that... nah, I sub for a month every once in a long while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Doesn't explain why other games like Guild Wars 2 can do it.
    Because GW2's content is paltry compared to WoWs and it relies heavily on its cash shop. It even has a system in which you can convert between RL money and ingame currency.

You can give it as much praise as you want, but there's no denying that as far as cash shop practises go it's one of the biggest offenders.

If I were well-off enough to buy it, I wouldn't have to worry about money to begin with.

Deleted
    I always go for the shortest plan available because you never know what might happen, WoW being no exception.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would, if it were in the $200-$300 range. But as some have said, that would be something that probably would never happen. The $15/mo that we pay goes to running and maintaining the servers, the CMs, the patches, and such like that, not to mention overall profits for the company - things that makes WoW something so far beyond what other MMOs could ever hope to be. Blizz would end up losing a lot of revenue and the quality we love would suffer. They would be forced to go down the micro-transaction road, which is something they have said time and again they will never do.

I would buy a lifetime sub immediately no matter the cost. I've been paying for 6-month recurring since Vanilla...I have no intention of stopping it until they announce "no more content ever".

Deleted
    Yes. Please suggest this.

Deleted
    I wouldn't now. I would have done a year or two ago, and if I'd bought a lifestime sub, I'd probably have continued to play very casually for months when I haven't subbed. I don't have the time or the friends playing it anymore to even contemplate a lifetime sub being worth it right now though, plus it seems pointless when I already gave them 7 years of monthly subs. I think it's a bit late in the game for lifetime to attract a lot of people, but I could be wrong.

maybe 10 years ago.. :P

Not anymore, no. 7 or 8 years ago? I probably couldn't have afforded to back then but I'd have been far more likely to bite.

WoW's going on ten years. Maybe it has another ten, but I can promise I won't be around for another ten. I feel like I can barely justify the subscription cost with my current lack of play time for it. It's the whole situation of so many more responsibilities that I have now as opposed to when I started playing back in high school. Now I've a job, wife, kids, etc. etc. Trust me, I wish I could play it as much as I use to as I still find it fun, but it just doesn't happen anymore.