Updated Resto Druid Changes - Build 18594

T17 2 pc - Now makes Nature's Swiftness work on 5 straight spells, instead of 4 - This is interesting, because the set bonus sounded nearly OP even at 4 spells.

Clearcasting/Moment of Clarity - Now only affect Regrowth, not Wild Growth or any other cast time heals. We knew this was coming from the patch notes. It makes Moment of Clarity nearly 100% useless, since the timer presumably starts immediately, and unless you are off the GCD and react instantly, 2 RG casts will be the cap.

Germination - It now buffs Rejuv by giving it a longer duration. It's not entirely clear what the duration increase actually is (datamining says 3000%, which is obviously wrong). Possibly it's 30%.

Rampant Growth - Now also buffs Swiftmend by 100% This makes this talent incredibly strong if damage patterns make it effective and if you manage it properly. Consuming Rejuv on the last tick with Swiftmend, casting a new SoTF buffed Swiftmend, rinse repeat is now 12.9 HPM/47,869 HPET. In comparison, just casting regular Rejuvs (what you would be casting otherwise) is 12.7 HPM/28,494 HPET.

Soul of the Forest - No longer makes Healing Touch instant cast (apparently it did in previous build)

The 8 second cooldown has been removed from all healer dispels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Milky Way > Earth > Europe > The Netherlands
    A few things that crossed my mind:

Not sure I like the fact that Wild Growth will be unaffected by Clearcasting/Moment of Clarity. The mana cost of it is already quite staggering. Although, we won't be casting it on CD anymore but rather try to line it up with boss mechanics/periodic raid damage, so I suppose it sort of evens out in the end.

The increased healing that Soul of the Forest is adding to Wild Growth(among other things) is really nice and it'll really pack a punch then.

I'm guessing they added Rejuvenation duration to Germination to make it work better with Genesis? So you don't do near-zero output after using Genesis. Although in 20man Mythic, you'll still be spending 20-30 seconds covering most of the raid for just the first round of Rejuvenations.
    It depends a bit on the correct amount of added duration(the 3,000% is obviously wrong because that would mean Rejuvenation lasts several minutes), if you can do a second round before you can use Genesis and consume the first round of Rejuvenations and get some decent healing out of it.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the direction they're headed with the spec so long as they don't actually increase the CD on Wild Mushroom(30 seconds is excruciating imo).

//Shifts

Quote Originally Posted by Shifts View Post
    A few things that crossed my mind:

Not sure I like the fact that Wild Growth will be unaffected by Clearcasting/Moment of Clarity. The mana cost of it is already quite staggering. Although, we won't be casting it on CD anymore but rather try to line it up with boss mechanics/periodic raid damage, so I suppose it sort of evens out in the end.

The increased healing that Soul of the Forest is adding to Wild Growth(among other things) is really nice and it'll really pack a punch then.

I'm guessing they added Rejuvenation duration to Germination to make it work better with Genesis? So you don't do near-zero output after using Genesis. Although in 20man Mythic, you'll still be spending 20-30 seconds covering most of the raid for just the first round of Rejuvenations.
    It depends a bit on the correct amount of added duration(the 3,000% is obviously wrong because that would mean Rejuvenation lasts several minutes), if you can do a second round before you can use Genesis and consume the first round of Rejuvenations and get some decent healing out of it.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the direction they're headed with the spec so long as they don't actually increase the CD on Wild Mushroom(30 seconds is excruciating imo).

//Shifts
    They are probably adding the duration increase to Germination and buffing Rampant Growth more because the L100 tier was looking extremely lackluster. Having two Rejuvs on the same target is only an actual buff if damage patterns make doing that more favorable than blanketing it on more targets. If they don't, you don't get any value from the talent.

The 8 second cooldown has been removed from all healer dispels.
    Oh, is that so? I do and don't like this. Blizzard could be hinting at more mechanics with dispelling. Could be good or bad, hard to tell. It used to work way back when, so I can't be too judgmental. Its interesting that they would revert to no CD on it though.

There's no cd removal on dispels. Instead you get a glyph that grants your dispel 2 charges which are usable back to back with no cd but each charge has a 12 sec recharge up from original 8 so you need 24 sec to get both charges back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still at a loss as to how to choose my lvl 100 talent. Germination is probably the one with the most appeal.

In my opinion Rampant Growth is the strongest by far of the L100 talents with the current build ran some dungeons with it, swiftmend regular hitting for 30-40k and criting for 60-70k
    Last edited by Gallien; 2014-07-27 at 02:43 AM.

Germination - It now buffs Rejuv by giving it a longer duration. It's not entirely clear what the duration increase actually is (datamining says 3000%, which is obviously wrong). Possibly it's 30%.
    Right now it adds 3 seconds on beta. I'm really liking soul of the forest + rampant growth.

Just got kited around an arena for the entire time duration with 2 ferals chasing a resto druid. He was quite literally untouchable. Never stopped moving for a second (lol reducing mobility). Double rejuv + lifebloom + typhoon + incap roar + nature's grasp + displacer beast = lolroflwhatmelee?

My main is a druid on live and I was looking into a change for wod, but at the moment Druid is so far ahead of the curve it's not funny. No balance passes yet etc etc. Mechanics aren't going to change that much, and in PvP resto druid mobility has, if anything, been increased thanks to t100. Fucking nutty. Time to change specs and go back to resto!