Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    What kinda of society produces people like this?
    A society in which 13 year olds are used to kill people. Remember those child soldiers in... oh, one of those conflicts in Africa, I don't remember which. And just recently there was a suicide bomber described as a youth in Iraq. Granted, he was 21... I think. But still... A 13 yr old could carry a bomb anywhere in Europe. Who would stop him?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    A society in which 13 year olds are used to kill people. Remember those child soldiers in... oh, one of those conflicts in Africa, I don't remember which. And just recently there was a suicide bomber described as a youth in Iraq. Granted, he was 21... but that's not far off from 16. How do you deal with a 16 year old that may or maynot have an AK under his coat?
    You are defend the killing of a 13 year old girl. Wow.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Deleted
    What kinda of society produces people like this?
    I think alot of Israeli people have dehumanized the Palestinian people. The US in Vietnam were guilty of similar things, so were the Nazi Germans, the Islamic Jihadists and so on. People don't like killing other people, so its easier to internalise that they are 'sub human' or that they somehow 'deserved it'. Once you encourage the population to believe that, atrocities will happen. I don't blame the Israeli people, human nature is as it is.

You are defend the killing of a 13 year old girl. Wow.
    I'm not defending anything. I'm saying there is a problem of how you deal with children in a society that has a conflict. Nobody wants to kill children, but some people abuse children as soldiers. How do you deal with it? Do you have an idea? Because frankly, if that continues, I wouldn't know how to suggest a solution. Every society I know had at least that common ground, protect children. But some regions seem to not do that anymore... This is not specific to this conflict, but more a general observation of the world we're living in.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I'm not defending anything. I'm saying there is a problem of how you deal with children in a society that has a conflict. Nobody wants to kill children, but some people abuse children as soldiers. How do you deal with it? Do you have an idea? Because frankly, if that continues, I wouldn't know how to suggest a solution. Every society I know had at least that common ground, protect children. But some regions seem to not do that anymore... This is not specific to this conflict, but more a general observation of the world we're living in.
    Actually yes you are. You could say it was wrong. Just like his colleague another Israeli Soldier did. The other guy stated she was a young girl who was scared and he shouldn't shoot and let her leave. The response was what I quoted.

Good thing you defend murder. As for child soldiers its part of a DDR or SSR programme. The UN and USAID funding organizations like AECOM and the like do so regularly in Africa and they did it in Afghanistan till the US government started setting up ALPs where they trained and armed 15 to 18 year olds to fight the taliban.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Deleted
    Case in point: 'We killed the girl because of the enemy.'. What if that little girl was Israeli? Would you be ok with it then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually yes you are. You could say it was wrong. Just like his colleague another Israeli Soldier did. The other guy stated she was a young girl who was scared and he shouldn't shoot and let her leave. The response was what I quoted.

Good thing you defend murder. As for child soldiers its part of a DDR or SSR programme. The UN and USAID funding organizations like AECOM and the like do so regularly in Africa and they did it in Afghanistan till the US government started setting up ALPs where they trained and armed 15 to 18 year olds to fight the taliban.
    You asked a question, not a question about whether it was wrong or not, but what kind of society produces people like this. He answered your question. He didn't defend it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emiyo View Post
    Case in point: 'We killed the girl because of the enemy.'. What if that little girl was Israeli? Would you be ok with it then?
    He never said he was okay with it in the first place.
    "You can cut our wings but we will always remember what it was like to fly!"
    #nogg-aholic

Deleted
    You kill a uniformed soldier, you need to strip them, dress them and you have a civilian to parade as being killed..alot longer to do
    You kill a non-uniformed soldier, you take the gun and you have a civilian to parade as being killed...easy

I'm fairly sure I have seen an article commenting how one of the UN 'schools' that was hit, a selection of weapons were found in the ruins. Why? When a school is supposed to be a neutral safe zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchsong View Post
    He never said he was okay with it in the first place.
    He internalised it to be the fault of the Palestinians instead of damning the action. If a British soldier did that to someone, I wouldn't even begin to try and lay the blame on someone else. I would first look at what was wrong in my own society to see whats broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiyo View Post
    He internalised it to be the fault of the Palestinians instead of damning the action. If a British soldier did that to someone, I wouldn't even begin to try and lay the blame on someone else. I would first look at what was wrong in my own society to see whats broken.
    We humans generally have difficulties there, much more easy to blame everything else than take responsibility yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    A society in which 13 year olds are used to kill people. Remember those child soldiers in... oh, one of those conflicts in Africa, I don't remember which. And just recently there was a suicide bomber described as a youth in Iraq. Granted, he was 21... I think. But still... A 13 yr old could carry a bomb anywhere in Europe. Who would stop him?
    Such society exists where in Israel?

Plus, did you just justify the murder of a 13 years old girl?

- - - Updated - - -

What the fickle are you rambling about? Was this 13 years old girl threatening the life of the soldier?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    You kill a uniformed soldier, you need to strip them, dress them and you have a civilian to parade as being killed..alot longer to do
    You kill a non-uniformed soldier, you take the gun and you have a civilian to parade as being killed...easy

I'm fairly sure I have seen an article commenting how one of the UN 'schools' that was hit, a selection of weapons were found in the ruins. Why? When a school is supposed to be a neutral safe zone.
    I'm fairly sure you've seen nothing of the likes instead. And nice one defending the bombing of civilians.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Such society exists where in Israel?

Plus, did you just justify the murder of a 13 years old girl?

- - - Updated - - -

What the fickle are you rambling about? Was this 13 years old girl threatening the life of the soldier?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fairly sure you've seen nothing of the likes instead. And nice one defending the bombing of civilians.
    Someone asked a question about what kind of society produces people who shoot 13 year old children.

He answered the question, saying how 13 years old children are used as soldiers in many parts of the world. That's the kind of societies where soldiers could start shooting 13 year old children. And he is right. There are parts of the world where there is no guarantee that a child is innocent and won't hurt you, that's the really sad truth.

And explaining how something can happen is not the same thing as justifying it.
    "You can cut our wings but we will always remember what it was like to fly!"
    #nogg-aholic

Well this was an interesting development.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/07...rorist-regime/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchsong View Post
    Someone asked a question about what kind of society produces people who shoot 13 year old children.

He answered the question, saying how 13 years old children are used as soldiers in many parts of the world. That's the kind of societies where soldiers could start shooting 13 year old children. And he is right. There are parts of the world where there is no guarantee that a child is innocent and won't hurt you, that's the really sad truth.

And explaining how something can happen is not the same thing as justifying it.
    Are we comparing Israel to Sierra Leone? Cause the question was based around the example of that soldier provided.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Well this was an interesting development.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/07...rorist-regime/
    Hopefully more will follow. They are absolutely right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Bolivia revoked a visa agreement with Israel. Surely that will show them!

Also since everyone rips on any pro-israeli newspaper/website, LOL presstv!
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Wow, Bolivia revoked a visa agreement with Israel. Surely that will show them!

Also since everyone rips on any pro-israeli newspaper/website, LOL presstv!
    Never been on that site before, you can find that info anywhere if you want. Take your pick.

Still a strong signal no matter what country it is.

edit:it's irrelevant in this case but for clarification. Is presstv more or less like fox news? if so I'll be careful with that site.
    Last edited by Exeris; 2014-07-31 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Never been on that site before, you can find that info anywhere if you want. Take your pick.
    I honestly don't really care about the website, I just find it funny that people rip on anything even slightly Israeli leaning but would support anything from presstv like it wasn't biased.
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kind of bummed out about IDF indiscriminately shelling numerous UN ran institutions as well as UN officials catching (so far)one of them for storing weapons for Hamas.

Deleted
    Simple solution to this conflict: Grant the entire population of Gaza asylum in Sweden. I'm sure the Israeli government would be willing to allow them safe passage there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskom View Post
    Simple solution to this conflict: Grant the entire population of Gaza asylum in Sweden. I'm sure the Israeli government would be willing to allow them safe passage there.
    We expect ~23 000 syrians seeking asylum in 2014 alone, we got our hands full thank you.