10+ Year Old Account

Gladiator Stance Arena Viable?

Hey a question for all of you in beta, Is gladiator stance a viable "spec" for pvp (arena/rbg) as it currently stands?
    Of course the dmg isnt tuned jet and everything can change in beta.

Sorry for the bad grammar.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, due to the lack of CDs and lack of defensive abilities which fury/prot have (such as going into d stance when trained)

10+ Year Old Account
    They still do have Last Stand+Rallying Cry and demoralizing shout (for melee).
    And while the burst probably wont be great ,50% Shield Block glyph + Shield barrier damage added to shield slam would hit for quite a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMayor View Post
    They still do have Last Stand+Rallying Cry and demoralizing shout (for melee).
    And while the burst probably wont be great ,50% Shield Block glyph + Shield barrier damage added to shield slam would hit for quite a bit.
    You'd think that, but unfortunatley a spec that doesn't really have any noticeable on demand burst isn't going to fit too nicely into Arena, at least not anything that would become a common comp.

I can see it being a sort of turtle comp where you outlive the other team but that already has its forms with LSD so... Nah I'd put money on Arms being the way to go primarily in WoD. Fury may have a flare of being 'okay' but it'll still be the one being carried as it has been ever since 4.1

It does have pretty impressive self healing though, so I could see the turtle comp, but I think tuning will tell. Still the way Arms is looking to be with its heavy Executes, I think it'll remain the clear winner until 6.1 when the nerf bat comes swinging. Better get your Glads early!

Deleted
    I'm fully expecting Blizzard to fuck up balancing Gladiator Stance and have us 2 shotting people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I'm fully expecting Blizzard to fuck up balancing Gladiator Stance and have us 2 shotting people.
    And then gradually get nerfed to shit across the expansion. I see you know your wow well.

While I'm excited about gladiator stance, I'd much rather have a minor glyph that changes our offhand (even when empty) to that of a shield from our bag. Same effect, no additional balance issues!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    And then gradually get nerfed to shit across the expansion. I see you know your wow well.
    It tends to be more

> New patch OMG WARRIORS SO STRONK ONE SHOT EVERYTHING LOL GLADIATOR ASH
    > X.1 fuck warriors got nerfed
    > X.2 still a bit meh
    > x.3 HOLY FUCK. MUCH GEAR, MANY CRIT, SUCH DAMAGE LOL GLADIATOR ASHTWO

either that or

warrior stronk
    warrior still stronk
    warrior shit
    warrior mega shit

either that or

warrior stronk
    warrior still stronk
    warrior shit
    warrior mega shit
    This one more likely, and when warriors are utter crap, the next expansion comes around and the whole thing starts over.

It tends to be more

> New patch OMG WARRIORS SO STRONK ONE SHOT EVERYTHING LOL GLADIATOR ASH
    > X.1 fuck warriors got nerfed
    > X.2 still a bit meh
    > x.3 HOLY FUCK. MUCH GEAR, MANY CRIT, SUCH DAMAGE LOL GLADIATOR ASHTWO

either that or

warrior stronk
    warrior still stronk
    warrior shit
    warrior mega shit
    whoah whoah whoah whoah woah. Is that poetry?

My opinion on this ( subject to change every goddamn beta build I read ) without burst and defstance, it would be irresponsible to choose a different spec. They don't really respond on twitter when you mention GLAD PVP. Maybe i'll try again.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    No, due to the lack of CDs and lack of defensive abilities which fury/prot have (such as going into d stance when trained)
    Really? Bajheera seems to be doing fine and he's not going double dps in this one.

Though from his duel vids, I can say gladiator is pretty meh, nothing impressive at all, think I'll stick to my hunter for 1v1.

I think they can address our concerns and things will be okay. Without the extra DR from defstance and output from CD's, we're in a bad place regardless of Baj's videos ( sorry baj lol ).

I posted this on the warrior boards maybe someone will read it http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13734283687
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.