Poll: Which race?

Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    Deleted

High Elves or Arakkoa?

Let’s face it, arguably both of these races are popular among WoW community, and (ignoring all the gameplay/population crap) lorewise both make at the very least equal sense to become a playable Alliance race. So which one makes your character creating urges itch more than the other?

Mind you, I did NOT make this thread to be another high elf bashing/praising thread, so do try to keep your arguments minor in order to prevent it from becoming so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Let’s face it, arguably both of these races are popular among WoW community, and (ignoring all the gameplay/population crap) lorewise both make at the very least equal sense to become a playable Alliance race. So which one makes your character creating urges itch more than the other?

Mind you, I did NOT make this thread to be another high elf bashing/praising thread, so do try to keep your arguments minor in order to prevent it from becoming so.
    If either of these would become playable in the future it should be the Arrakoa, they have an entirely new culture and Architecture and look unique.

Both are shit playable race ideas so neither.

arrakoa new race of the alliance

high elf for blood elf sub race

Deleted
    Equal sense lorewise? What exactly would be the reason for Arakkoa joining? The high elves are already members of the Alliance and have been longer than most other races.

High Elves are basically Blood Elves with blue eyes, and with everything that makes them interesting removed and replaced by the desire to lick and kiss human boots. I am not interested in them, and I wouldn't want a recolour to be made a "BRAND NEW RACE", while the Ogre does get an actual race.

However, no matter how uninterested I am in High Elves, I still think they should be an option, but not for the role of "brand new race". I acknowledge that a lot of people want to play them, and I'd be more than happy if Blood Elves became neutral, and whether you choose to go Horde or Alliance affects what you become: Blood Elf or High Elf. However, the only problem there is with that is that the Horde would lose one race. So the Alliance would have to give up a race to the same kind of neutrality. Just.. I don't know which race that would be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    arrakoa new race of the alliance

high elf for blood elf sub race
    High Elves should be an Alliance sub race. It doesn't make any sense to have them as a Belf subrace. It requires stupidly bending the lore and removing any uniqueness the two groups have to give Blood Elves an eye colour option. As an Alliance subrace however they actually provide some interesting lore and are readily available.

High Elves should be the sub race and Arrakoa should be a fully fledged Alliance race. It seems likely to me that we'll be exploring the southern Draenor continent in a future expansion, so that will be the time to add Arrakoa.

High elves >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Arakkoa
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Between the two arakkoa. We don't need blood elves with blue underwear on the alliance.

High elves as a version of night elves. They are basically belfs with blue eyes so them becoming a NEW race would just be stingy.

Arakkoa as a NEW race.

High Elves,but only if they use these models.

Deleted
    Both! I think High Elves deserve a playable spot on alliance just because they have always been part of the Alliance for most of the RTS games. And since you do see them fighting for and part of the Alliance army, they really should be in the game. But it is maybe too far having them as a fully separate race. A sub race would make sense.

Why would anyone ever pick a third nearly indistinguishable variant of the most generically boring fantasy race in existence? Two is bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    High Elves should be the sub race and Arrakoa should be a fully fledged Alliance race.

So much this. Thanks, Protar.

Now if they can find an Alliance race to make neutral, they can make Blood Elves neutral, and make you play High Elf or Blood Elf depending on what faction you choose, and do the same for an Alliance race -- where it fits, though. I don't know what would fit, but I'm sure there is some Alliance race that can be turned neutral in the same way.

And for fully fledged new races, Arakkoa for Alliance and Ogres for Horde. Very preferably High Arakkoa and Draenor Ogres, but I'd be happy enough with Outcast (from main timeline)Arakkoa and normal Ogres

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So much this. Thanks, Protar.

Now if they can find an Alliance race to make neutral, they can make Blood Elves neutral, and make you play High Elf or Blood Elf depending on what faction you choose, and do the same for an Alliance race -- where it fits, though. I don't know what would fit, but I'm sure there is some Alliance race that can be turned neutral in the same way.

And for fully fledged new races, Arakkoa for Alliance and Ogres for Horde. Very preferably High Arakkoa and Draenor Ogres, but I'd be happy enough with Outcast (from main timeline)Arakkoa and normal Ogres
    As long as that neutral Alliance race wouldn't be humans, I'd be cool with it! But then again, most of the Alliance races feel too "righteous" and goody-two shoes to be neutral and going to the Horde.

I'd rather just have some "highborn" features available to night elves AND blood elves for the sake of gameplay. Skin tones and ear/eye choices would pretty much take care of it. I know people say "lore lore lore lore...lore!", but honestly it's just not that different. Lets just pretend some of them returned and Teldrassil/Silvermoon took them in. If they want to make a big deal out of it - do a 1-5 neutral starting area like others have said then you pick your side. The racial is an issue though.

Arakkoa I could see, but you'd have to give them to both factions - since both already have an "animorph" race already ;P
    Last edited by 87Octane; 2014-07-24 at 01:56 PM.

Not sure why alliance people are obsessed with having high elves but it wouldn't be a subrace of night elves because it would become an entirely different model from them (blood elf with new eye color) and the racials of the night elves wouldn't fit with high elves.

Arakkoa seems cool doubtful they'll become a playable race though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    No, most Alliance races are furious at the invasion of their land and murder of their people by the Horde. Has nothing to do with being goody two-shoes and everything to do with being attacked.
    The alliance hold a grudge, completely uncalled for anger basically 'can't see the forest for the trees' fits the alliance nations mindsets so well it is like it was made for them.
    Last edited by Durantye; 2014-07-24 at 01:55 PM.

Both are cool, but neither really have the numbers. The arrakoa that joined the dreanei to learn about the light under the naaru were a small group and the rest are old god/shadow worshipping mountain hillbillys at this point, the high elves are in extremely small numbers as well.

I mean you could technically say alleryia and turalyon come back and bring a huge force of high elves -and probably new teenage elves at this point- with them, but as much as i love the arrakoas whole "yeah the orcs and demons ruined things for us too blue guys, friends?" story they are in smaller numbers than the gorlocks of scholozar basin.

High Elves are almost as annoying as humans are when it comes to the Alliance faction. Taking so much spot on the screen when other races get nothing.

Kinda annoying Blizz can't develop any blood elf lore without involving the high elves somehow.

Why is this in Warlords of Draenor General Discussion? This should just be in general discussion.

ot: I would hate to see high elves added as a race, I accept some characters in lore/in-game are high elves. they are such a minority, too. would suck to see a re-hashed race added like goblins.