Thread: WOD and Illidan

WOD and Illidan

Hey Guys,

I've just recently started getting really into the WoW lore, so please pardon my ignorance if this is a dumb question.

Is the timeline of WOD taking place before Illidan goes to outland? if not, is there a chance we'd see him during the xpac?

Seeing as we're sort of bringing the past timeline to present and other iconic characters are present; I thought there might be a chance he might be as well? or any of the other BC raid bosses for that matter?

Thanks,

Deleted
    way before illidan goes to outland.

Deleted
    as for raid bosses that will be around, i think Gruul is there, teron'gor, guessing magtheridon could be, and maybe kargath bladefist.

but illidan doesn't arrive for a very long time. the portal to azeroth hasn't even been created yet and illidan still sits in jail.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    as for raid bosses that will be around, i think Gruul is there, teron'gor, guessing magtheridon could be, and maybe kargath bladefist.

but illidan doesn't arrive for a very long time. the portal to azeroth hasn't even been created yet and illidan still sits in jail.
    Instead of saying, "Imprisoned for ten thousand years...", Illidan is currently saying "Imprisoned for nine thousand, nine hundred, and seventy-ish years, give or take. Eh, who's counting. I'm fucking blind, I can't even read the little tally marks I've been making on my cell walls. "

as for raid bosses that will be around, i think Gruul is there, teron'gor, guessing magtheridon could be, and maybe kargath bladefist
    This would be awesome, thanks for the answers guys!

Deleted
    Way before anyone went there, the portal wasn't opened yet.

7+ Year Old Account

Actually the portal to Azeroth has been created... thats kind of how this expansion begins. Illidan doesn't escape to Outlands until Warcraft 3 and this is more around the timeline of Warcraft 1.

The portal though that would have led to their Azeroth is instead connected to ours though* I imagine Blizzard might have some fun and in a future patch connect it to their old Azeroth. Maybe Medivh will make another appearance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyfry View Post
    Actually the portal to Azeroth has been created... thats kind of how this expansion begins. Illidan doesn't escape to Outlands until Warcraft 3 and this is more around the timeline of Warcraft 1.

The portal though that would have led to their Azeroth is instead connected to ours though* I imagine Blizzard might have some fun and in a future patch connect it to their old Azeroth. Maybe Medivh will make another appearance.

the portal from our azeroth to AU draenor is there, but not the dark portal from AU draenor to AU azeroth right?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Magtheridon arrived after Draenor became Outland, so nope. And how can you put Kargath as a "maybe" when we've know that he's a raidboss since the last blizzcon? o.O

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Magtheridon arrived after Draenor became Outland, so nope. And how can you put Kargath as a "maybe" when we've know that he's a raidboss since the last blizzcon? o.O

i don't look up much details of future xpacs :P i only know a little.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    i don't look up much details of future xpacs :P i only know a little.
    ... But but but... The expansion is called "Warlords of Draenor" and Kargath is one of the warlords, so obviously he's IN the expansion O.O

EDIT: Oh right as RAID bosses and not just bosses... Fair nuff, though Teron'gor is an instance boss and Gruul is a quest mob.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Many of us thought so before Warlords of Draenor was announced. I speculated we would go to Outland, and the Demon Hunters would be the new hero class, alas that is currently impossible. Warlords of Draenor are taking place circa 30 years in the past, even before Warcraft I. Knowing this, chances of seeing Illidan are slim at best, and bordering to impossible in reality. All the warlords were there from the very begining, it is not just the time we travel to, it is the place as well. We are going to Draenor, which has nothing with Illidan.

Deleted
    ... But but but... The expansion is called "Warlords of Draenor" and Kargath is one of the warlords, so obviously he's IN the expansion O.O

EDIT: Oh right as RAID bosses and not just bosses... Fair nuff, though Teron'gor is an instance boss and Gruul is a quest mob.

didn't know he was a warlord :P thought he was just high ranking.

and really, Gruul is a quest mob?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Many of us thought so before Warlords of Draenor was announced. I speculated we would go to Outland, and the Demon Hunters would be the new hero class, alas that is currently impossible. Warlords of Draenor are taking place circa 30 years in the past, even before Warcraft I. Knowing this, chances of seeing Illidan are slim at best, and bordering to impossible in reality. All the warlords were there from the very begining, it is not just the time we travel to, it is the place as well. We are going to Draenor, which has nothing with Illidan.
    It's actually 35 years in the past. Draenor 35 years before current Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Had some holes in that speculations though, the captured demons most likely were due to the warlocks summoning them to fight Garrosh's forces. Also Thrall failed to kill Garrosh due to Varian interjecting.

10+ Year Old Account

I think you are thinking of Grulloc, we kill him in a questline, but Gruul himself is a Raid boss in Blackrock Foundry IIRC.

10+ Year Old Account
    illidan isnt prepared yet

10+ Year Old Account
    the portal from our azeroth to AU draenor is there, but not the dark portal from AU draenor to AU azeroth right?
    The Dark Portal is built. Just instead of linking it to their Azeroth, they linked it to ours.

didn't know he was a warlord :P thought he was just high ranking.

and really, Gruul is a quest mob?
    Gruul is a raid boss, no worries.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.